Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jun 25, 10, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Hilton Atlanta Airport has just confirmed that they will once again be the official host hotel of the event this year.
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia 30354
404-767-9000

A special room rate of US$79.00 is being offered to attendees of the event and — unlike last year, when the cost of Internet access was 50% off — this year, Internet access is complimentary. For those attendees who are Hilton HHonors members, you may choose a free MyWay benefit other than Internet access, which you will receive.

Additionally, Hilton Atlanta Airport is generous in their support of this event as all attendees, whether or not they are guests of the Hilton Atlanta Airport, will be able to park free of charge during the days of the event.
As was the case last year, a special Internet web site will be created for attendees of the event to take advantage of their generous terms for the event. That Internet web site will be posted in this thread when it is ready.
Old Jun 25, 10, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
I'm also hoping that Kevin Pinto can attend. I'm sure many of us would like to thank him in person for the things he has done to help out many of us.

(Hope this won't set off a little storm like when I hoped DeltaWebDev could come. DeltaWebDev was kind of the initiator of the 2009 event, though due to a lot of circumstances was not able to carry through with it. Fortunately atldlff and Canarsie made it happen!

Also note, we have a lodging update above (Canarsie beat me to it). Free Internet!

David
Old Jun 25, 10, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
Also note, we have a lodging update above (Canarsie beat me to it). Free Internet!

David
Many thanks to David for an outstanding job on negotiating an even better deal at the Hilton this year. Free internet is a MUST, and lot's of bandwith to connect to FlyerTalk.

What a great team of volunteers that are really working hard behind the scenes to make this a great event!!
Old Jun 25, 10, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EP
Parking?

For people who are local, or who will be staying with friends/family in Atlanta, what will the parking situation be like?

Personally I'll probably be renting a car so it would be nice to get to the airport early (beating rush hour traffic) and park it for the day. If parking is expensive/difficult I might consider staying at the Hilton instead...

(and again thanks to the organizers for all their hard work on this!)
Old Jun 25, 10, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL GM MM SC; GE; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Burj View Post
For people who are local, or who will be staying with friends/family in Atlanta, what will the parking situation be like?

Personally I'll probably be renting a car so it would be nice to get to the airport early (beating rush hour traffic) and park it for the day. If parking is expensive/difficult I might consider staying at the Hilton instead...

(and again thanks to the organizers for all their hard work on this!)
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Additionally, Hilton Atlanta Airport is generous in their support of this event as all attendees, whether or not they are guests of the Hilton Atlanta Airport, will be able to park free of charge during the days of the event.
Old Jun 25, 10, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EP
Yeah sorry I didn't really phrase my questions properly...

What I meant was will it make sense for everyone to park at the Hilton? Will there definitely be transportation between the Hilton and any venue that isn't directly at Delta HQ, which is near the Hilton (right?)....even for people who aren't staying at the Hilton?
Old Jun 25, 10, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Burj View Post
Yeah sorry I didn't really phrase my questions properly...

What I meant was will it make sense for everyone to park at the Hilton? Will there definitely be transportation between the Hilton and any venue that isn't directly at Delta HQ, which is near the Hilton (right?)....even for people who aren't staying at the Hilton?
Absolutely. The Hilton is the host hotel for this event, and we will be providing transportation (when needed) to the venues from the Hilton.

Last year, we provided transportation to every venue, and we realized that this really was not necessary for the OCC, Museum and RWT. Delta Headquarters is directly across the street from the Hilton. If anyone has special needs we will note that during the registration and provide accomodations for them, otherwise we can save the environment by walking to those venues. Transporation will be provided to the TOC, Fire Stations, Dinners and possibly some other venues, when and if they are confirmed.

Even if you aren't staying at the Hilton, everyone will be assigned to a group with a group leader. Each group will check-in and depart from the Hilton for a particular venue. We did this last year, and it worked really well. More details to come on the logistics as we get closer to the event.
Old Jun 25, 10, 9:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, United MP
If I go - which I am considering - would it be possible for interpreter(s) to be provided, as I am Deaf?
Old Jun 25, 10, 10:13 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I am already booked for Chicago, but booked my award ticket for this one too.
I will buy my fare ticket on DL when I am sure I can attend. There is a world outside FT, it appears.

It would be hilarious if I get better tickets on CO or UA and upgrade with my reciprocal upgrade for comped status while attending this event for DL! That reminds me to change the FF number for the Chicago event.
Old Jun 25, 10, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
... for the OCC, Museum and RWT. Delta Headquarters is directly across the street from the Hilton....
Which should be tad more pleasant in October with the temperature & humidity slightly reduced.
Old Jun 25, 10, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I got my ticket yesterday. I have enough SkyMiles for a r/t TLV-ATL in Biz at the low rate, but not enough for the middle rate.

I got a low rate ticket flying out (arriving Oct 19) and took a return low rate ticket for sometime in late November. When I finish the trip I will be starting on Monday, I will have enough SkyMiles to change the return ticket to a middle rate one for late October.
Old Jun 26, 10, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
As a DeltaManiac for the past many years (11 years consecutive PM), I would like to explore my schedule with a view to coming to this event. I have to be in San Antonio for a convention/meeting until the 20th, so it might well be possible to head to ATL from there rather than return to BOS.

One outside event that could possibly alter many Delta employees schedule and availability would be if the Atlanta Braves make the baseball playoffs. Right now, they are in first place in their division.
Old Jun 26, 10, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Andy1369 View Post
If I go - which I am considering - would it be possible for interpreter(s) to be provided, as I am Deaf?
Andy, if you register for the event, we will figure out a way to accommodate you. Please be sure to remind us that you need an interpreter on your registration form.

I was just speaking to someone from Delta about this issue earlier this week. We were discussing how to accommodate passengers with special needs, and the possibilities of a RWT training for passengers who need special accommodations. Last year, jetsetter, who is blind attended, and several Delta employees told me at the RWT training told me how inspirational it was and much they learned from him.

Originally Posted by ffI View Post
There is a world outside FT, it appears.
Simply Amazing!

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
Which should be tad more pleasant in October with the temperature & humidity slightly reduced.
Absolutely! Late October should provide great weather for this event, as many of the venues, including the Museum are outside or in hangers without Air Conditioning. This weekend is the same weekend we held the event last year, and the forecast is for mid 90s!

Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
I got my ticket yesterday
Awesome to hear Dovster. As a point of reference - read the post below.

Originally Posted by RobertS975 View Post
One outside event that could possibly alter many Delta employees schedule and availability would be if the Atlanta Braves make the baseball playoffs. Right now, they are in first place in their division.
We are actually planning on the Braves winning their division and making the playoffs this year. I am sure we can provide TV coverage at any venue that may conflict with the Braves playoff games. You might also catch a glimpse of me waving to the camera from my seats.
Old Jun 26, 10, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post

We are actually planning on the Braves winning their division and making the playoffs this year.
May these plans crumble under the might of the wondrous bats of the Phillies.

May they disappear as quickly as a cheesesteak sandwich at a fat men's convention.

May they collapse as completely as a street punk who decides to mug Rocky Balboa.

May they fall through the crack in the Liberty Bell and be washed out to sea by the Delaware River.

May the Braves heed the advice of Benjamin Franklin and go fly a kite.

In the words signed in Philadelphia in July 1776, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of a Phillies World Series championship."
Old Jun 26, 10, 10:30 am

Programs: MR Plat, SPG Plat
I'm super stoked about the event and can't wait to help out anywhere and everywhere I can. It was such an amazing event last year that I owe atldiff and canarsie big time for the experience.

BEST. FIELD. TRIP. EVER.

My RWT badge is on my briefcase and makes me smile every time it catches my eye. Looking forward to it again.

BAD EXIT!! BAD EXIT!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: