Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by cfischer
I see some tough upgrades coming on ATL routes for 10-20/21 and 10/24. About 80 DM/PMs on the way to ATL at the same time
While I get the point, I can't imagine this is even a rounding error in the number of DM/PMs passing through ATL on a given day.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Oh, and I just registered successfully, mind if I ask what the numbers are now? How many spots have been taken/are still open?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by USirritated
Oh, and I just registered successfully, mind if I ask what the numbers are now? How many spots have been taken/are still open?
Better than what they were yesterday.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mersk862
Eh...that's your typical MSP-ATL flight on Delta at around 5 p.m. on weekdays
Originally Posted by bennos
While I get the point, I can't imagine this is even a rounding error in the number of DM/PMs passing through ATL on a given day.
I know ... I was just joking Can other BOS-based flyers PLEASE NOT take my flights (unless they are FO/GM )
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by USirritated
Deltalina, Deltalina, talk talk, talk, but I was wondering who this person was!

Thanks for posting the picture, so now I know she is the safety video lady who wags her finger! Gosh, she seems so much prettier in pictures than she is on the video, I bet she is stunning in person (I admit to a weakness for redheads). It is great that she will be attending, does she attend a lot of DO type events?
She's mine, stay away!

The wag on the right is our resident rockhead.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The wag on the right is our resident rockhead.
Hey! I resemble that remark.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Just a quick ^^^ for fixing the hotel registration. Works perfectly for all days now. Much appreciate all your hard work.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Just a quick ^^^ for fixing the hotel registration. Works perfectly for all days now. Much appreciate all your hard work.
Yes, agreed! I was able to book the first night, Wednesday, October 20, which was the only night I could not get for the discounted rate ($62) at the Courtyard, but which I was not able to book a few days ago when I first tried. Thanks Dave!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by fsfguy
Oh, oh, oh, can I drive the jet bridge!!! Can I? Can I? Can I? That would be a dream come true for me!
Originally Posted by fsfguy
That would be cool, how about... the jet bridge slalom with orange cones on the tarmac or jet bridge races - first one to the 767 wins!
It's not as fun as it would seem, especially given the sorry state of some of the jetbridges out there...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by skoker
It's not as fun as it would seem, especially given the sorry state of some of the jetbridges out there...
Come on....admit it...at some of the out stations you've been tempted to soup them up...you know give them a boost in power and low end torque...maybe some racing stripes and some sweet alloys!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by cfischer
if you click through, the return will be a 1-stop vs. non-stop.
I tried this and had the same options for the return.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Well, I was going to book at one of the starwood properties, but bit the bullet and did the Hilton instead. Figured the mingling and social aspect was worth giving up the upgrade and starpoints.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Good morning everyone. Work has a bad habit of getting in the way sometimes and keeping me too busy. I come back to find that we are now adding new venues including shutting down the ATL airport while we take the Jetbridges through obstacle courses and the Tug and Luggage Carts through races that would rival NASCAR. I love the creativity of FT members, and I can already see this is going to be an interesting and fun group. Canarsie and I actually have several meetings scheduled this week to work on some of the planning logistics. While I can’t promise something quite that exhilarating, we are working on a few things here and there, that I think you will enjoy, so stay tuned.

A huge thank you ^ to DiverDave for all his hard work with the rooms at the Hilton. It looks like he has resolved all of the major issues with room availability, and is doing a fantastic job of working with the great staff at the hotel to accommodate us. From what I understand, we are the premier event that weekend, and the other guests will be warned upon check-in.

As far as registrations, we are currently at 92, plus the 24 volunteers bring us to a total of 116. We still have room for more people who have not yet registered. Despite the anticipation and frenzy of a teen idol rock concert leading up to registration, I am glad we have been able to accomodate everyone so far. Just as a point of interest, about two-thirds of the participants from last year are returning again this year. This year we will have approximately 61% of the total participants will be attending this event for the first time. Canarsie and I are looking forward to seeing familiar faces and welcoming so many new FT members to this event.

Finally, I am glad to see that several of you are finding some good deals on your airfares. I do think we owe the Group Sales Desk at Delta at least a thank you card for their patience and understanding when we want to route ourselves through SEA to come to this event, and ask to keep the airfare under $200. Where is the XX days to the event countdown timer?!?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by atldlff
Where is the XX days to the event countdown timer?!?
Here.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ifette
Well, I was going to book at one of the starwood properties, but bit the bullet and did the Hilton instead. Figured the mingling and social aspect was worth giving up the upgrade and starpoints.

That's my attitude as well. I'm at the highest level with Marriott but have junk status with Hilton.

But having attended many DO's in the past, staying at the main hotel is all what it's about IMO. Especially if meeting, greeting and getting to know your fellow FT'ers is high on your agenda.

And ironically enough, you might find that mingling with 100 of your fellow FT'ers for a few days will do more for future points earnings than practically anything else you can do. Not surprisingly, much of the discussions among FT'ers at a DO are about tricks and tips for maximizing miles and points. And there's some very shrewd and knowledgeable folks who belong to FT.

Originally Posted by atldlff
A huge thank you ^ to DiverDave for all his hard work with the rooms at the Hilton. It looks like he has resolved all of the major issues with room availability, and is doing a fantastic job of working with the great staff at the hotel to accommodate us.
Agreed!

I've thanked him privately and I'll repeat that publicly.

He not only was able to get Hilton to accommodate a special room request of ours, he got it done at a much lower rate than we could book online.

Hard not to be impressed with that sort of results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.