Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I've three times visited my GA from when Canarsie, WesNSpace, atldlff and I did the dry run before the actual event. She moved from B South to A North, which is great because we often seem to fly out of there.

During the actual event, Canarsie and I were on Concourse D, and I'm seldom there, so I haven't seen my agent from then. I flew Air Tran to CAK (mainline jets versus ASA regionals--a no brainer) in November and looked for her then, but didn't see her.

BTW, I LOVE CAK. All airports should be so easy!

Happy New Year everyone.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Dovster
Question: Do many Delta employees collect old DL pins and buttons?

At the Do, I bought two "blind packages" -- one of pins and the other of buttons.

I really have no use for them but hate to throw them away. Do you think that the FAs on my next TLV-ATL flight would enjoy having them?
Okay, the FAs (and the cockpit crew) on that flight had better lose a lot of weight starting now.

If not, they won't be able to fit into their uniforms after the flight.

I took all those pins and buttons and put them on a tote bag. I then filled the bag with 52 different kinds of Israeli chocolate bars. (Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, bars filled with creams, nuts, M&ms, cookie pieces, those weird candies that explode in your mouth, etc.)

Each bar weighs 100 grams, so the whole collection comes to 11 1/2 pounds.

When I board in TLV I am going to hand the bag to the purser (is that the right term for the lead FA?) and ask her to distribute the chocolates and the pins to the crew as my way of thanking Delta for that incredible experience in October.

(I am afraid, however, that this will not get me an upgrade -- one of the disadvantages of having a Biz Elite ticket.)
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Okay, the FAs (and the cockpit crew) on that flight had better lose a lot of weight starting now.

If not, they won't be able to fit into their uniforms after the flight.

I took all those pins and buttons and put them on a tote bag. I then filled the bag with 52 different kinds of Israeli chocolate bars. (Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, bars filled with creams, nuts, M&ms, cookie pieces, those weird candies that explode in your mouth, etc.)

Each bar weighs 100 grams, so the whole collection comes to 11 1/2 pounds.

When I board in TLV I am going to hand the bag to the purser (is that the right term for the lead FA?) and ask her to distribute the chocolates and the pins to the crew as my way of thanking Delta for that incredible experience in October.

(I am afraid, however, that this will not get me an upgrade -- one of the disadvantages of having a Biz Elite ticket.)
you're so sweet Dov! Andrew and I were just talking about how wonderful you were last week. We thought about hitting up the World of Coke during his last visit, but ran out of time as we were furiously (not furiated!) putting together our wedding invites. Tis a shame - I heart that place!

Hope all is well with you - and let us know how the flight crew react! You just might get a bonus amenity kit or extra pillow, or extra soft cuddly blanket?!?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
you're so sweet Dov!
We should post your statement in OMNI/PR. It will ruin Dov's hard line reputation there.

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
Andrew and I were just talking about how wonderful you were last week.
Andrew should be a bit concerned about how you know just how wonderful I am -- and both Andrew and I should be very worried about he knows. Just how much did we drink that night?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Hi, an interesting giveback

I know many of us (including myself) enjoyed the hospitality of DL at ATL,
Many more enjoyed the 'walk a mile' event,
And many more have gained a lot of knowledge about the operations we did not have before.

Now, many of us were/are/will be stuck on the roads when things go off-charts (i.e. weather in Atlanta, I even got stuck two years ago with the snow in Florida, mechanicals with no alternate equipment, etc.). And, in many cases, it is not even delta's fault (I can't believe I just said it). And they could use some help.

What if a group of FF, who know and care about travel (sound like a group you know?) would be able to help with simple tasks in such case?

You know- print the new BP, let people know the gates, guide them about the DO and DONTs, help them with exercising rights (getting the meal voucher, phone home, etc.), and allow the regularly trained staff to concentrate on the big operations? (rebooking, rescheduling, etc.)

It would give us something to do to 'kill the time', and it would help everyone who got stuck to get back on the road faster...

Some airports have an 'ambassador'/'volunteer' program of some kind (yes, even JFK has a volunteer assist program for international travelers). Why wouldn't there be one like this? after all, as a group, we are probably at least 3-times as likely to get stuck when things don't work.

Something like: You'll help the stand alone GA who has to rebook 300 pax with all the FAQ (Something like the 'walk a mile' and a combination of your local knowledge of the airport and the area, since you've been there or got stuck' there before).
At the same time, it would be easier for the GA to get it all done faster, and delta would also give you 1,000 miles and a thank you note (yes, I am sure someone would suggest a different pricing scheme).

There are some issues with that, but hi- the walk a mile work, and probably most of us know the major airports as good (or better) than some locals.
I do not know if delta has/had/will have such a program in mind, but I would consider that an option
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Andrew should be a bit concerned about how you know just how wonderful I am -- and both Andrew and I should be very worried about he knows. Just how much did we drink that night?
Well, darlin, what happens at the DO stays at the DO!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DLroads
And many more have gained a lot of knowledge about the operations we did not have before.

Now, many of us were/are/will be stuck on the roads when things go off-charts (i.e. weather in Atlanta, I even got stuck two years ago with the snow in Florida, mechanicals with no alternate equipment, etc.). And, in many cases, it is not even delta's fault (I can't believe I just said it). And they could use some help.

What if a group of FF, who know and care about travel (sound like a group you know?) would be able to help with simple tasks in such case?

You know- print the new BP, let people know the gates, guide them about the DO and DONTs, help them with exercising rights (getting the meal voucher, phone home, etc.), and allow the regularly trained staff to concentrate on the big operations? (rebooking, rescheduling, etc.)

It would give us something to do to 'kill the time', and it would help everyone who got stuck to get back on the road faster...

Some airports have an 'ambassador'/'volunteer' program of some kind (yes, even JFK has a volunteer assist program for international travelers). Why wouldn't there be one like this? after all, as a group, we are probably at least 3-times as likely to get stuck when things don't work.

Something like: You'll help the stand alone GA who has to rebook 300 pax with all the FAQ (Something like the 'walk a mile' and a combination of your local knowledge of the airport and the area, since you've been there or got stuck' there before).
At the same time, it would be easier for the GA to get it all done faster, and delta would also give you 1,000 miles and a thank you note (yes, I am sure someone would suggest a different pricing scheme).

There are some issues with that, but hi- the walk a mile work, and probably most of us know the major airports as good (or better) than some locals.
I do not know if delta has/had/will have such a program in mind, but I would consider that an option
I would volunteer to help in such an endeavor, flying up from GNV periodically.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DLroads

Any further discussion on this idea?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:22 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Italy98
Being local, I'd volunteer on occasion as well - I really enjoyed my time spent with the great gate agents in ATL - I think it not only gave me a better understanding of what they deal with, but it also showed them that their best customers really cared about them as well!
I've had a number of conversations with gate agents in ATL who had heard about what happened during our DO and wished that they had an opportunity to participate - I'd love to do it again.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Italy98
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've had a number of conversations with gate agents in ATL who had heard about what happened during our DO and wished that they had an opportunity to participate - I'd love to do it again.
Believe it or not, Canarsie and I did recently discuss this with a few members of the leadership team from the ATL Worldport. I hear that some of you have actually stopped by and said hello to the Leadership team and of course many of you have reached out said hello to your GAs. They are still talking about it in ATL!

Can we do this again? Absolutely! It truly was mutually beneficial to both the Agents and the FT members. Here is the issue - there are security issues and Management buy-in that require advanced approval so it is not possible to make this an ad-hoc program.

We are also aware that some of you have asked to do this in other locations beyond ATL. That is possible too, but it requires those Station Manager's knowledge and buy-in. There are all kinds of possibilities. This program can actually help shape the future of Delta Customer Service by providing direct and engaged Voice of the Customer feedback to and from the ACS employees engaged in delivery of that service on a daily basis. We have shown it clearly adds value.

If there is enough interest, and somone wants to volunteer to lead the planning effort, it might be possible to do this on a limited basis again later this year.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
YGPM

Originally Posted by atldlff
Believe it or not, Canarsie and I did recently discuss this with a few members of the leadership team from the ATL Worldport. I hear that some of you have actually stopped by and said hello to the Leadership team and of course many of you have reached out said hello to your GAs. They are still talking about it in ATL!

Can we do this again? Absolutely! It truly was mutually beneficial to both the Agents and the FT members. Here is the issue - there are security issues and Management buy-in that require advanced approval so it is not possible to make this an ad-hoc program.

We are also aware that some of you have asked to do this in other locations beyond ATL. That is possible too, but it requires those Station Manager's knowledge and buy-in. There are all kinds of possibilities. This program can actually help shape the future of Delta Customer Service by providing direct and engaged Voice of the Customer feedback to and from the ACS employees engaged in delivery of that service on a daily basis. We have shown it clearly adds value.

If there is enough interest, and somone wants to volunteer to lead the planning effort, it might be possible to do this on a limited basis again later this year.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I Finally Uploaded My Photos

They are not in the same league with those taken by Longing4Piedmont, but I wanted to display them anyway.

You can see them at:

http://pangborn76.smugmug.com/Other/...21751741_nKYhs
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by ND76
They are not in the same league with those taken by Longing4Piedmont, but I wanted to display them anyway.

You can see them at:

http://pangborn76.smugmug.com/Other/...21751741_nKYhs
You've got some great pics of things I missed. Thanks for posting them.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by scoow
You've got some great pics of things I missed. Thanks for posting them.
+1 Indeed... some great pictures !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.