Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by cova
I called the DL special reservation line to book my tickets under the NM5VD booking code - 1-800-328-1111. The RT fare from DCA-ATL was $183+tax or $204.40.

The agent indicated that the 2% fare discount does not apply if the one-way base fare without taxes is not $120 or more.

No big deal - not worried about saving $4, but I thought I would point this out to others. I should be entered in the contest and the donation amount should still apply.
Thanks for the heads up. I was probably going to fly Delta down as it's currently a base fare of $79 ($89 all in), but return on Continental Sunday night, as they want "only" $170 a/i for a 6 p.m. departure, while Delta wants around $260 for the nonstop on a Q fare.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
So I just called and was able to book my ticket through them. They said that as it was fare sale their would not be any 2% discount (which is fine with me).

They were able to use a $200 ecredit/voucher I had. It helped that I had the exact flights picked out.

As crazy as it sounds, I was willing to pay a little extra to fly through JFK instead of non-stops! I get more miles that way and get to fly an assortment of planes too, CRJ, ERJ-145, 757, and 767!

Needless to say there is plenty o'crazy to go around on this forum!

As an aside, the nice woman on the phone kept apologizing that it was taking so long to use the ecredit/voucher. I said something like "No problem, if you are a premerger NW agent I know the new system must be driving you crazy..."

Well she laugh and then sighed...we had a little chat about the old NW system versus the Delta system...
Was her name M _ _ _ _ _ n ?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Italy98
Unfortunately I didn't catch her name and my stupid mobile phone dropped the call mid sentence...I was going to tell her to hang in there as they need to have the PMNW people around to explain that there IS a better/simpler way since PMDL people tend to accept that the system is the way it is....
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
M_innesota_n?

Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
OK, at this point I think we have everything squared away on the accommodations front.

I believe I have taken care of everybody who had PMed me with an issue. Francine at the Hilton has been very responsive to our requests and needs. ^ ^ ^

Rooms show available at both the $79 room selected at check-in rate, and the $99 executive floor rate for all nights. :-:

Remember our rate can only be booked through the 29th of September, so don't dawdle too long if you are on the fence.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have questions, suggestions, or concerns.

Thank you everybody for your patience, and for supporting the event by staying at our host hotel!

David H.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
M_innesota_n?

Ma _ _ _ _ n.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sc flier
While we're at it with driving unusual vehicles purely for pleasure, could we set things up with Guinness for a world's longest baggage cart train? (The TUG type, not the Smart Carte type.) Test drives of TUG pushback tractors and belt loaders?
Given the reputation of FTets, I think you might have the wrong Guinness in mind.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
While we're at it with driving unusual vehicles purely for pleasure, could we set things up with Guinness for a world's longest baggage cart train? (The TUG type, not the Smart Carte type.) Test drives of TUG pushback tractors and belt loaders?
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Given the reputation of FTets, I think you might have the wrong Guinness in mind.
What about the record for the longest Guinness train?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just checked and fares from Upstate, NY to ATL are really cheap on AirTran, dropped down to $159... Usually the cheaper carriers (AirTran, SouthWest, JetBlue) release their sale fares on Monday night and by Tuesday the legacies often match....
Thanks for the pointer ^ My ATL-LGA flight dropped $50, so I finally booked it. (I now have MDW - ATL - LGA booked, still need to get from NYC to CHI.)

As an aside, the nice woman on the phone kept apologizing that it was taking so long to use the ecredit/voucher.
I just had a similar experience. The woman took me off hold to apologize and then put me back on hold.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
I just had a similar experience. The woman took me off hold to apologize and then put me back on hold.
I wonder how many of us she is dealing with today!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:58 pm

I wonder how many of us she is dealing with today!
She is sharp enough to know, by looking at my name, my next door neighbor!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I see some tough upgrades coming on ATL routes for 10-20/21 and 10/24. About 80 DM/PMs on the way to ATL at the same time
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by cfischer
I see some tough upgrades coming on ATL routes for 10-20/21 and 10/24. About 80 DM/PMs on the way to ATL at the same time
Eh...that's your typical MSP-ATL flight on Delta at around 5 p.m. on weekdays
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
She is sharp enough to know, by looking at my name, my next door neighbor!
This is fantastic. Can we get her invited to the DO? Participating via phone, presumably
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by atldlff
Hey Canarsie, I think they are on to us!

Are you asking if we will do this:

And this:

In the Road Warrior I training? What do you guys think, should we include it again ?
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
Oh gosh, this is a lifelong dream of mine!! Include it, plllllease?
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Taking part in an airline tragedy is a lifelong dream for you?

I am not sure I want to find out what are your interests and hobbies...
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
I know, it's sick, right?
LOL, and there seem to be a lot of sickies here!

Originally Posted by Cholula
I'd love to meet Deltalina.

Here's a pic from a FT'er who met her not so long ago:

Deltalina, Deltalina, talk talk, talk, but I was wondering who this person was!

Thanks for posting the picture, so now I know she is the safety video lady who wags her finger! Gosh, she seems so much prettier in pictures than she is on the video, I bet she is stunning in person (I admit to a weakness for redheads). It is great that she will be attending, does she attend a lot of DO type events?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.