Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
I know, it's sick, right?
Yes, but since when did that stop anyone around here?

By the way, if it is not already clear to all, these photographs...

...were taken at the Road Warrior Training venue last year and — barring any unlikely unexpected and unforeseen problems — the activities from last year will be a part of the Road Warrior Training venue this year as well.

More links to photographs and videos can be found at the beginning of this thread.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DiverDave
If not today, should be fixed tomorrow when our sales rep will be back in the office.

Please be patient with us, we will get it sorted out. Thank you for your support!
Looks like it will be tomorrow. If you're eager to finish booking tonight, you can call one of the front desk employees before 11:00 tonight Eastern time and he thinks he can manually book you. If you want to do that, please PM me for the information.

We should have it sorted out tomorrow, and I expect we will have plenty of rooms. We just had some bad luck with the problem not being seen until everybody was out for the long weekend.

Take care,
David H.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Oh gosh, this is a lifelong dream of mine!! Include it, plllllease?
Well, I need to make sure you meet Flyin'Mom. You two will be like "two peas in a pod."

Hey, speaking of Flyin'Mom... I know you are out there - Everyone keeps asking about Deltalina, so for those who didn't know, and those that already did (but needed a refresher), here is post that brought her name to life...

Feb 21, 0, 8:49am
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom

... In fact, the whole thing is definitely geared towards you guys...I thought it was horrible from start to finish. But then I'm not getting distracted from the awfulness of the video by drooling over Deltalina and Exit Row Girl....

I can't wait until my flights tomorrow so I can quietly observe the guys around me while they watch the video.
Now that I have reviewed the actual posts, I realized that some of the Volunteers and soon to be participants in this year event were also a part of the discussion and should remember it well
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:04 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
As a local (Norcross, GA) who did not attend last year, should I consider staying at the Hilton?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff
Now that I have reviewed the actual posts, I realized that some of the Volunteers and soon to be participants in this year event were also a part of the discussion and should remember it well
Flyin'Mom's post in that thread was #29...if you look back at post #24 you'll see I had three suggestions...but in post #38 I concurred that Flyin'Mom had the best suggestion with Deltalina....

Would be nifty to meet either Kat (Deltalina) or Flyin'Mom in person...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:25 pm

Check fares tomorrow (Tuesday)

Just checked and fares from Upstate, NY to ATL are really cheap on AirTran, dropped down to $159... Usually the cheaper carriers (AirTran, SouthWest, JetBlue) release their sale fares on Monday night and by Tuesday the legacies often match....

So for people how haven't gotten their tickets you...I would suggest checking tonight and if AirTran is selling a cheap ticket...wait until tomorrow to see if Delta matches....

(Competition is a GOOD thing!)

EDIT: As an aside...on Kayak they are now have a green antenna/signal icon that apparently means that "wifi available for 100% of trip" on the AirTran flights...wonder if Delta provides this level of info to Kayak... would totally ROCK to know ahead of time if your Delta flight has wifi...

Last edited by Burj; Jul 5, 2010 at 7:28 pm Reason: adding wifi info...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Burj
EDIT: As an aside...on Kayak they are now have a green antenna/signal icon that apparently means that "wifi available for 100% of trip" on the AirTran flights...wonder if Delta provides this level of info to Kayak... would totally ROCK to know ahead of time if your Delta flight has wifi...
By this point, pretty much all Delta domestic planes are wi-fi enabled. The only holdouts should be (by now) the DC-9-30/40s, maybe some of the -50s (due to STC) and a handful of 767-300s (the ETOPS ones used to Hawaii primarily) and maybe some 757-200 5500 series. The A32x, 737 and MD fleets are done and at least 95% of the 757s are as well.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Tomphot
As a local (Norcross, GA) who did not attend last year, should I consider staying at the Hilton?
I'd definitely stay at the headquarters hotel even if I was a local.

Much of the camaraderie that develops from a DO is not from the events but from the interaction in and around the hotel.

Discussions over breakfast, even deeper discussions over an adult beverage or three late at night and at impromptu meetings in the lobby are where friendships are truly developed. If you miss these interactions I feel you miss much of what these DO's are all about.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I think AirTran is at 100% fleetwide.

Originally Posted by Tomphot
I think that would be a matter of your tolerance for traffic. If the events on Thursday and Friday start reasonably early, it might be more convenient for you to stay at the Hilton on the preceding nights. But for the weekend, you might prefer to drive from home.

The Hilton will provide free parking to all of our event attendees, so don't worry about parking in either case. They will also provide free Internet to folks booking their stay with our FT special rate.

Originally Posted by Cholula
I'd definitely stay at the headquarters hotel even if I was a local.

Much of the camaraderie that develops from a DO is not from the events but from the interaction in and around the hotel.

Discussions over breakfast, even deeper discussions over an adult beverage or three late at night and at impromptu meetings in the lobby are where friendships are truly developed. If you miss these interactions I feel you miss much of what these DO's are all about.
And there's another point of view! (Plus you get the HHonors points and stay credits.)

Thank you,
David
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Depending on what the exact details are for dinner, I'd at least consider staying Thursday night - last year was a really good chance to meet up with FTers after dinner (which was at the Hilton) and mingle, before going to bed and ready to go Friday morning.

I know there are some dinners planned, so I'd hold off until those are finalized and make a decision from there on what works best for you.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Would be nifty to meet either Kat (Deltalina) or Flyin'Mom in person...
You will meet Flyin'Mom in person, as she is one of our confirmed volunteers. You will meet her when you first register in person at the registration desk for the event.

As for Katherine Lee...well...we are still working on that...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
By this point, pretty much all Delta domestic planes are wi-fi enabled. The only holdouts should be (by now) the DC-9-30/40s, maybe some of the -50s (due to STC) and a handful of 767-300s (the ETOPS ones used to Hawaii primarily) and maybe some 757-200 5500 series. The A32x, 737 and MD fleets are done and at least 95% of the 757s are as well.
Right but that is all mainline.... ROC-ATL is operated throughout the day by either Delta mainline DC-9s OR Pinnacle CRJ-900s (no wifi)...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
Here's the update:

http://blog.delta.com/category/wi-fi/

David
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I know, it's sick, right?
I have the sickness as well. Have always wanted to take a ride on an airplane slide.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Good news!

Originally Posted by Canarsie
You will meet Flyin'Mom in person, as she is one of our confirmed volunteers. You will meet her when you first register in person at the registration desk for the event.

As for Katherine Lee...well...we are still working on that...
Received this tweet from Deltalina "I can't wait! I am looking forward to it"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.