Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

Old Jul 4, 10, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Burj View Post
Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...
yeah, I'll have to wait as well, I hope they will drop the prices again.
Old Jul 4, 10, 8:33 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by WesNSpace View Post
You can add that information all the way up to the day before the event. Basically we just want to make sure that you don't show up we can check up on ya to make sure they didn't divert you to ANC instead of ATL.
You don't sleep much, do you? Saw that you were going to bed at 2:15 am...that's not much sleep!
Old Jul 4, 10, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dedehans View Post
You don't sleep much, do you? Saw that you were going to bed at 2:15 am...that's not much sleep!
To quote my grandmother..."Sleep is overrated" :-)
Old Jul 4, 10, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, HH DM, Bnvoy Plat, Htz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
I'll 2nd that motion! Current T fare for me is over $1300 all in...
Old Jul 4, 10, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Originally Posted by ULDB65 View Post
I'll 2nd that motion! Current T fare for me is over $1300 all in...
I managed to get an award flight in from TLV on the "low" fare and return on the "medium". I somehow suspect that I am not going to do any better than that.
Old Jul 4, 10, 11:08 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
The registration process went extremely well yesterday. Thank you again to WesNSpace for your long hours and incredible hard work behind the scenes to make this run so well. Both Canarsie and I are extremely lucky to be working with such a great team of volunteers for this event.

Couple of quick comments:

As of this post, we have a total of 81 registrations for the event. This is in addition to the 25 volunteers, so that brings our total to 106 total participants. The total capacity for each venue was set at 100, which DOES NOT include the volunteers. As we predicted, we did not reach full capacity for any of the venues, so we still have plenty of room for any anyone else that would like to participate that has not yet registered. As we indicated earlier, when we reach capacity for any venue, you will be placed on a waitlist. I am willing to predict that we will, as we did last year, be able to accommodate everyone that would like to attend this event.

Let me respond to some of the e-mails and PMs that we have received:

Contributions:
My apology for the confusion over the contribution to the Delta Museum. Any contribution or support of the charities for this event is strictly on a volunteer basis. We have updated the registration site to reflect this. If you made a contribution to the Museum and did not wish to contribute, please send mail to [email protected], and we will make sure your contribution and any associated fees are properly refunded.

We will be expanding the fund raising efforts to include a charity from Delta's Force for Global Good, and the opportunity to win some exciting prizes in a charity raffle. Stay tuned for more to come.

The $79.00 rate at the Atlanta Airport Hilton:
We are aware that the $79.00 rate for the Hilton is currently not available for all of the potential days via the registration website at the moment. DiverDave will address this with the Hilton team on Tuesday, July 6, 2010, and it will be fixed as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Road Warrior I and Road Warrior II training:
Click here for a preliminary description of the two Road Warrior Training Courses. As Canarsie indicated, we will be meeting with the Delta team this week on the RWT I & II, so more to come on those specific details. Again, if there is anything specific you would like to have covered in the RWT, please let us know before Thursday and we will he happy to consider it.

I hope everyone enjoys the 4th of July Holiday!
Old Jul 4, 10, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by MachOne View Post
OK, two down one to go. Booked the Hilton and Delta (even a decent fare $290 AI from FAT). Just waiting for 9am PDT on 7/3 to roll around.

MO
Wow, I got wrapped up in a family gathering yesterday and ATLDO registration was the last thing on my mind. Checking FT today got me back on track. Registered and signed up for the RWT I activity.

Kudos to Wes for the registration website. I was a breeze. Maybe DL-IT could put your talents to use?

I'm looking forward to putting faces and names together that I've met on-line over the last 6 or 7 years.

MO

Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...
I checked the farte FAT-ATL about a week and a half ago and it was showing $360 all in. When I booked on 7/1 it was $292 AI.

Looks like I got the benefit of your $50 fare bump

MO

Originally Posted by fgirard
Quick question: On the registration form, I left the arrival and departure information blank because I need to firm up those plans. What is the latest date in which that information needs to be in the system?

You can add that information all the way up to the day before the event. Basically we just want to make sure that you don't show up we can check up on ya to make sure they didn't divert you to ANC instead of ATL.
Dang. I was hoping it was so that DL could run a special ATLDO upgrade on all of us

MO

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 4, 10 at 3:14 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jul 4, 10, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
The registration process went extremely well yesterday. Thank you again to WesNSpace for your long hours and incredible hard work behind the scenes to make this run so well. Both Canarsie and I are extremely lucky to be working with such a great team of volunteers for this event.
I completely agree with atldlff.

Thank you so much for all of your time and effort with the work you put into www.atldo.com, WesNSpace, but I do need to make one comment...
Going to bed... soooooo glad today is over :-)
...amateur.

Listen to your grandmother.

2:19 in the morning? To paraphrase Cholula, my socks are first getting started at that hour...
Old Jul 4, 10, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
The registration process went extremely well yesterday. Thank you again to WesNSpace for your long hours and incredible hard work behind the scenes to make this run so well.
Yes, kudos on the great job!

The $79.00 rate at the Atlanta Airport Hilton:
We are aware that the $79.00 rate for the Hilton is currently not available for all of the potential days via the registration website at the moment. DiverDave will address this with the Hilton team on Tuesday, July 6, 2010, and it will be fixed as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Well, there have been two issues. (1) We didn't ask for enough rooms on the 20th , and (2) the Hilton didn't set up our agreed upon number of rooms for the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd .

I just spoke to somebody there. (2) should hopefully be resolved NLT sometime Monday. (1) will likely have to wait until our sales representative is available on Tuesday the 5th.

I will plead guilty on (1), as I should have expected that many folks would check in on Wednesday night. I'll post when we start getting things resolved, and will PM back to those who have PMed me.

Thanks to all for their support of the event, and for their patience!

David
Old Jul 4, 10, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
Yes, kudos on the great job!
...and thank you for all of the effort you are putting in to ensuring that everyone has quality accommodations at an affordable price and still earn points and miles while receiving lounge access!

People are beginning to see how this event can no longer be organized by just two people...
Old Jul 4, 10, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
People are beginning to see how this event can no longer be organized by just two people...
lies! I just think you and atldlff are just slacking off
Old Jul 4, 10, 10:16 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MachOne View Post
Wow, I got wrapped up in a family gathering yesterday and ATLDO registration was the last thing on my mind. Checking FT today got me back on track. Registered and signed up for the RWT I activity.

Kudos to Wes for the registration website. I was a breeze. Maybe DL-IT could put your talents to use?

I'm looking forward to putting faces and names together that I've met on-line over the last 6 or 7 years.

MO

I checked the farte FAT-ATL about a week and a half ago and it was showing $360 all in. When I booked on 7/1 it was $292 AI.

Looks like I got the benefit of your $50 fare bump

MO

Dang. I was hoping it was so that DL could run a special ATLDO upgrade on all of us

MO
What??? No automatic LUT upgrade to F for attendees? Did the organizers of this DO not make this a point w/DL?
Old Jul 5, 10, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EP
To quote my grandmother..."Sleep is overrated" :-)
Sleep is a completely inadequate substitute for caffeine!
Old Jul 5, 10, 1:56 am

Programs: AA EP
. Again, if there is anything specific you would like to have covered in the RWT, please let us know before Thursday and we will he happy to consider it.
For either the of the RWT will people get to go down an inflatable slide? Is there a chance to go in the pool and climb into a life raft? I noticed the "can you swim" question!
Old Jul 5, 10, 7:37 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
For either the of the RWT will people get to go down an inflatable slide? Is there a chance to go in the pool and climb into a life raft? I noticed the "can you swim" question!
We did both in RWT I last year.

Check out some of the photos and videos: http://www.easyvictor.org/

David

Search this Thread
Search Engine: