Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

Old Jul 3, 10, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
Having trouble with the hotel registration- I follow the link, at first it shows the DL DO rate and proper dates, and then it says "Please note that the group rate you requested is unavailable. Available rates are displayed below. "
Sorry for that.

As noted on page 6, the rooms allocated for our rate on 10/20 have been taken. We will get more rooms, but can't work it until Tuesday when our sales rep is back in the office.

We will also get more nights for 10/24. 10/21, 10/22, and 10/23 we have plenty and should not have a problem with those nights.

Again, sorry for that, we will get it fixed. Thank you for your patience!

David
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
Sorry for that.

As noted on page 6, the rooms allocated for our rate on 10/20 have been taken. We will get more rooms, but can't work it until Tuesday when our sales rep is back in the office.
I'm trying for the 21st to 24th, not the 20th, but it's rejecting the rate.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:17 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
See you all there

^

I was able to register, but could not figure out the differences between the RWT 1 and 2... more clarification, and I would register to one as well...

On a side note, I was also declined the conference fee @ the hilton... computer glitch? run out of rooms?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by DLroads View Post
^

I was able to register, but could not figure out the differences between the RWT 1 and 2... more clarification, and I would register to one as well...

On a side note, I was also declined the conference fee @ the hilton... computer glitch? run out of rooms?
It sounds like RWT 1 is for first-timers, and 2 is better suited to those who attended last year? I signed up for 1. More clarification would be appreciated. Is it worth signing up for both?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
I'm trying for the 21st to 24th, not the 20th, but it's rejecting the rate.
I just confirmed that. Looks like maybe they did not give us the number of rooms in the contract. Shouldn't be a problem to correct that.

We will get it fixed probably on Tuesday and let everybody know. For anybody who could not complete a reservation, you can PM me and I will PM you back when it is corrected.

Glad you registered for the event - we'll get the accommodations sorted out.

Thank you,
David
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:25 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
RWT I:

The In-flight service training team conducts the majority of this training (and they are a fantastic group!)... Here is the agenda from last year. Anyone that attended the training can also provide their personal feedback/input:

* In-flight services training - review of the In-flight safety announcement, the primary responsibilities on the in-flight crew, equipment and procedures. Overview of in-flight 6 week inflight training courses and topics. We had an ad-lib course on the proper procedure for Business Elite meal and beverage services.
* ACS training - Overview of Delta's current Airport Customer Services training.
* Meterology - Overview of Delta's Meterology department which is one the most technically proficent in industry.
* Emergency Procedures: (includes hands-on training actually operating the emergency equipment aircraft systems, including door and window operation)
* Emergency Equipment, Exit Operation, Emergency Evacuation Prepardeness, Water and Dry Ditching, Decompression.
* Both Emergency Procedures and Equipment operations utilize the full-motion Cabin Simulator at Delta's state of the art training facility.

RWT II (Advanced):

Some of proposed topics we are considering:

* Hazardous Materials - What is and what is NOT allowed on-board the aircraft.
* Smoke and Fire - Learn about fire physiology, types of fires and hot to extinguish them, how to prevent them, and procedures for fighting a fire in the aircraft cabin.
* First Aid/Medical - Addresses emergency action principles, choking, CPR, AED, basic first aid, and other related modules.
* Security - Overview of Security issues and procedures. This may include the review of cast studies and role-play activities based on the most current information from FAA, TSA and DOT. (Note: Pairing of certain FT members can be arranged) - Just checking to see if anyone is reading the detail.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14228476-post168.html
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
SO EXCITED to see you & WifeMpls again! Can't wait!

When did ATL get WN service?
I'm guessing he's flying to to Birmingham and driving, since it's only a couple of hours by car.

As a side note, earlier I was able to get a room at the Hilton arriving Oct. 21, checking out Oct. 24. Wonder if I got the last room?

I can't make Thursday, as I am a teacher and I can only take one personal day (Friday).
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Thank you, longing4piedmont
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier, AS MVPG
Also, for those interested in sharing the flight itineraries, I have set up a public OpenFlights page for this event.

It's at openflights.org with a login of DeltaDO2 and a password of flyertalk (all lowercase) if you wanted to post your flight details.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:36 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
No luck with registration

I have gone to the Atl Do website a couple of times since 1pm july 3 and all I get is a blank page when I click on the "registration" on the left side.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:37 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Registration completed for me + 1. Redeeming Starpoints for the weekend nights at one of the Cat2 Starwoods. (3K Starpoints per night on weekends.)
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dedehans View Post
I have gone to the Atl Do website a couple of times since 1pm july 3 and all I get is a blank page when I click on the "registration" on the left side.

What am I doing wrong?
Check your PM
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:38 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by DLNYC View Post
Thank you, longing4piedmont
Don't thank me..... the post was atldlff's

All of these guys deserve a HUGE thanks for all the work they have done already and will do in the months to come. I'm quite frankly stunned at how much work they have done already to make this a success.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:39 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by sc flier View Post
Registration completed for me + 1. Redeeming Starpoints for the weekend nights at one of the Cat2 Starwoods. (3K Starpoints per night on weekends.)

So, how did you do it?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:40 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by dedehans View Post

What am I doing wrong?
One possibility: scroll up. When navigating between some pages, I ended up in excess blank space at the bottom of the screen. (For me, the starting registration page was not one of the problem links, though.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: