Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jul 3, 10, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
I saw no such donation. Maybe it was specific to you?
I do not recall having to donate - the fees that I paid were consistent with what I was told they would be.

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Obviously not first but I am all in! Thanks guys for putting everything together for the DO. The registration was excellent, so easy.

The only things I need to add are flts and hotel. Will look at the flts now, then take care of the hotel when things work out for the rates Wed-Sun.

Special thanks for tying in the registration date to the new DL BounceBack promo which began Thur.... Double SM if you use the Delta AmEx card.

You might want to remind attendees about the special phone number to book flts. This helps everyone in the end.

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Yeah, I wasn't happy about this either. I HATE forced contributions ... can a get a tax receipt
Actually if you want one let me know at [email protected] and I'll put you in touch with the right people.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Anyone wanna guess the most popular credit card type?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WesNSpace View Post
Anyone wanna guess the most popular credit card type?
It wouldn't be a US Bank FlexPerks Visa, would it?
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
I used my visa for both registrations.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:24 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
The apparently mandatory "charitable" donation of $5.00 per person in order to register is unacceptable and, I believe, a violation of FlyerTalk policies.

We would only be there on Saturday for RWT. It's enough of a hit to be assessed $95/head to cover, among other things, bus transportation that we won't be using (everyone will be walking to RWT) and t-shirts that we'll probably never wear. We had a nice, sweltering visit to the Heritage Museum last year and, to be honest, it's nowhere on my list of charities to be support.
You know I'm beginning to detect a general overall tone to most of your posts in DL forum..... I'm slow but I catch on eventually.......
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
I'm registered, woo-hoo! ^
I want to do both RWT's if possible, I saw they're both listed on Saturday so, I wasn't sure how to convey that so, I registered for both.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:28 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
I used my Delta Skymiles Amex for registration. Hoping we all earn double valuable additional SkyMiles for this FlyerTalk event?

I noticed the registration form didn't request a Delta SkyMiles Number.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by Robert Leach View Post
It wasn't mandatory. If you put a zero in the field, it won't accept it, but if you just leave the field blank, it goes through with no donation.
I tried 0, and it told me the minimum was $5.00. I'll try it blank.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
registered as well ... Delta must be watching this now the airfare to ATL is $120 more than yesterday
Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont View Post
You know I'm beginning to detect a general overall tone to most of your posts in DL forum..... I'm slow but I catch on eventually.......
Sorry, but I draw a line when unexpected charges pop up like this.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Burj View Post
Yep...my airfare, from Upstate, NY (so relatively short flight) went up about $50...

Right now USAirways is the cheapest! I'm going to wait it out...AirTran periodically has flights to ATL on sale, and when they do Delta usually matches...
I just started booking September travel last night, and I still have August to book as well... I'll probably book the flights as we get closer - I've tended to find that fares in the fall indeed fall (pardon my horrible pun) once we get into late summer.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
We would only be there on Saturday for RWT. It's enough of a hit to be assessed $95/head to cover, among other things, bus transportation that we won't be using (everyone will be walking to RWT) and t-shirts that we'll probably never wear. We had a nice, sweltering visit to the Heritage Museum last year and, to be honest, it's nowhere on my list of charities to be support.
Then don't come.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Having trouble with the hotel registration- I follow the link, at first it shows the DL DO rate and proper dates, and then it says "Please note that the group rate you requested is unavailable. Available rates are displayed below. "

Search this Thread
Search Engine: