Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jul 1, 10, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
I used the link DiverDave posted above (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14229027-post170.html) and was able to pull up the FT rate by just clicking through and not having to enter any special group/rate code on hilton.com...
hilton.com doesn't always associate listings with your account if you create them outside the account. I logged in in a separate tab before I clicked on the link, maybe it will work.
Old Jul 1, 10, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
OK, two down one to go. Booked the Hilton and Delta (even a decent fare $290 AI from FAT). Just waiting for 9am PDT on 7/3 to roll around.

MO
Old Jul 1, 10, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA/US ExPlat & 1.05MM, AF C2K, UA dirt
Well, now 3 of 5 steps have been completed,

Step 1: Clear Calendar (complete)
Step 2: Register (not complete, but since I'm waiting for my parents to fly into PVD, I figure I'll have enough time to register)
Step 3: Airline Tickets (not-complete, debating between US and DL as US has a competitive fare)
Step 4: Hilton Atlanta Airport (complete)
Step 5: Hertz (complete) (One never knows whether quick trips to assorted destinations will be in the cards)
Old Jul 2, 10, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
I used the link DiverDave posted above (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14229027-post170.html) and was able to pull up the FT rate by just clicking through and not having to enter any special group/rate code on hilton.com...
Yes. That worked for me, and I logged into my Hilton account on that second page. The reservation is showing up in my Hilton account. I'm in Wednesday through Sunday morning. (The DiverDave limo will depart for HSV sometime Sunday afternoon/evening.)

I hope everybody enjoys their 4th of July weekend! :-: :-: :-:

David H.
Old Jul 2, 10, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Very excited. And yes, people do read the details - I can already think of a few people I would love to team up with for various security situations
Old Jul 2, 10, 9:58 am

I'll be at the Hilton at least one night but will be hopping between Hilton(s) and Hyatt(s). Gotta requalify
Old Jul 2, 10, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I probably won't be attending the whole event but will try to pop my head in at least one day. I won't be officially registering as I don't won't to hold up any spots. Hope to y'all soon!
Old Jul 2, 10, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Successfully booked at the Hilton. Would have preferred you could specifically book a King room for $79 instead of "Room selected at check-in" but not a big deal.

If you want some hilarious reading check out the Tripadvisor reviews of the hotel. Apparently they recently hosted a dog show that went badly awry. The first three pages of reviews are complaints about it.
Old Jul 2, 10, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Two logistics questions....

1) Is the FT Hilton rate available for Wednesday night?

2) If we book over the phone for the 2% discount, can we use VDB vouchers?
Old Jul 2, 10, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
Two logistics questions....

1) Is the FT Hilton rate available for Wednesday night?

2) If we book over the phone for the 2% discount, can we use VDB vouchers?
(1) Yes - the Hilton rate is good for Wednesday night. Last year, there were several FT members that came down on Wednesday evening, and I am sure that will be the case again this year. I will be organizing an unofficial drinks/dinner event for Wednesday night at one of the bars at the Hilton - we had a group of about 10-15 FlyerTalkers swing by last year and Bob Soukup stopped by for a bit. I'm hoping to lead a more organized Wednesday night festivity this year. More to come on this...

(2) Shouldn't be any issues using VDB vouchers over the phone.
Old Jul 2, 10, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
(1) Yes - the Hilton rate is good for Wednesday night. Last year, there were several FT members that came down on Wednesday evening, and I am sure that will be the case again this year. I will be organizing an unofficial drinks/dinner event for Wednesday night at one of the bars at the Hilton - we had a group of about 10-15 FlyerTalkers swing by last year and Bob Soukup stopped by for a bit. I'm hoping to lead a more organized Wednesday night festivity this year. More to come on this...

(2) Shouldn't be any issues using VDB vouchers over the phone.
good to know, I might fly in Wednesday night. Booked the Hilton Wed --> Sun. How about drinks at the Exec. lounge? Is this any good at this hotel? Sometimes they have better deals in the lounge compared to the regular hotel bar.
Old Jul 2, 10, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
If you want some hilarious reading check out the Tripadvisor reviews of the hotel. Apparently they recently hosted a dog show that went badly awry. The first three pages of reviews are complaints about it.
Wow, I wonder what's worse - a hotel full of unhappy dog owners or a hotel full of unruly FTers.

David
Old Jul 2, 10, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by cova View Post
Can you be specific on the first event on Thursday am (event + start time) and the final event on Sunday (event + end time). Would be helpful flight planning. Thanks.
Unfortunately, the agenda is still no confirmed at this point. Thursday, October 21st, will likely begin at 9:00 a.m. with registration open from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Depending upon the final venues for Sunday, we should be done no later than 5:00 p.m.

Originally Posted by ifette View Post
Very excited. And yes, people do read the details - I can already think of a few people I would love to team up with for various security situations
^^ I figured someone would catch that!

Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
I'll be at the Hilton at least one night but will be hopping between Hilton(s) and Hyatt(s). Gotta requalify
Hotel Hopper Is that a daytime or evening activity?

Originally Posted by zsmith2 View Post
I probably won't be attending the whole event but will try to pop my head in at least one day. I won't be officially registering as I don't won't to hold up any spots. Hope to y'all soon!
PLEASE do. We have a process to register Delta employees without taking up slots. We really want to encourage broad participation from Delta employees at this event, which also includes the dinner/evening events. Last year, I think we had Delta employees participating in ALL of our evening events and it was a key highlight!

We will extend an invitation to several Delta employees, but I am sure we will not reach all the employees that may read this forum, so... if there is a Delta employee that would like to participate, simply send email [email protected] letting us know what you would like to attend/participate in.

I will be organizing an unofficial drinks/dinner event for Wednesday night at one of the bars at the Hilton - we had a group of about 10-15 FlyerTalkers swing by last year and Bob Soukup stopped by for a bit. I'm hoping to lead a more organized Wednesday night festivity this year. More to come on this...
This was a great idea last year. Hopefully even more people can participate in the Wednesday event this year. Please refrain from drinking until after the Wednesday evening registration is closed...

Originally Posted by ffI View Post
Not sure what else will be possible.
Hmmmm... never underestimate the abilities of this planning team.

FINAL NOTE for this evening. A huge call out to WesNSpace for all his hard work behind the scenes getting ready for tomorrow's official launch of the online registration. We will go live at 12:00 noon Eastern Daylight Time. Wes will be monitoring this over the Holiday weekend, be available tomorrow to FT members via phone and IM, and in contact with the company managing our registration process. That is dedication above and beyond and truly "best-in-class"! Thanks Wes! ^
Old Jul 3, 10, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Ok, I think I'm missing something here or the Hilton is already booked full for the special rate.

I've clicked through the link DiverDave posted and also copied+pasted it into a new browser. Every time I search for rooms I get a rate of $159 a night. If I pay in advance the rate is $135 a night.

I've done this both while logged in and not logged in and there's no difference. I've also tried changing the dates.

Does anyone else see the special rate or are you seeing the rates I've posted here? It's probably not a huge deal as I may wind up using Marriott points for the stay anyway.

Looks like $325 a/i SEA-ATL for the DO.

Thanks,
RM
Old Jul 3, 10, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Ok, I think I'm missing something here or the Hilton is already booked full for the special rate.

I've clicked through the link DiverDave posted and also copied+pasted it into a new browser. Every time I search for rooms I get a rate of $159 a night. If I pay in advance the rate is $135 a night.

I've done this both while logged in and not logged in and there's no difference. I've also tried changing the dates.

Does anyone else see the special rate or are you seeing the rates I've posted here? It's probably not a huge deal as I may wind up using Marriott points for the stay anyway.

Looks like $325 a/i SEA-ATL for the DO.

Thanks,
RM
I was just able to pull up the $79 rate using DiverDave's link...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: