Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Burj
Is it possible to do both the RWT, Level 1 and then Level 2?

Actually...what exactly happens in each and how are they different?

I know the registration fee is non-refundable, but can we sign up for the RWT and then cancel later when the exact schedule is set? It is hard to commit before knowing exactly when they will be held.
I would think that the two RWT events would run concurrently - last year's was an all-day event (started around 830a and we finished around 4-430p).

I'd also think that RWT would likely be on the weekend (as it was last year on Saturday) to allow for better use of the facility, as I tend to think F/A training will not be as heavy on a Saturday as it might be on a Thursday-Friday.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by mersk862
I would think that the two RWT events would run concurrently - last year's was an all-day event (started around 830a and we finished around 4-430p).

I'd also think that RWT would likely be on the weekend (as it was last year on Saturday) to allow for better use of the facility, as I tend to think F/A training will not be as heavy on a Saturday as it might be on a Thursday-Friday.
I would think that those are good bets. My plan is to register us for Friday dinner & all Sat/Sun activities inc. RWT.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Italy98
Thank you and your team for the hard work. One question - will an agenda be available before registration starts?
The "formal" agenda is still in the works. The venues list at the top of the thread is valid, and any changes will appear in that post. We are working on a few new ones, so stay tuned (p.s. they will be pretty cool ). When and if we get those confirmed, we will let everyone know, and you can update your registration or create a new registration (if you haven't already signed up for the event) if you want to attend the additional venues.

We are still working out the details of what venues happen when, and it is likely that we will offer some of the venues concurrently. As indicated in the venue post, at this point only October 21st - Thursday's agenda is confirmed .

Originally Posted by Burj
Is it possible to do both the RWT, Level 1 and then Level 2?

Actually...what exactly happens in each and how are they different?

I know the registration fee is non-refundable, but can we sign up for the RWT and then cancel later when the exact schedule is set? It is hard to commit before knowing exactly when they will be held.
Yes, you can cancel RWT and receive a refund up to the cut-off date for cancellations (I believe that is one week before the event). Wes please correct me if I got that wrong. The $95.00 registration fee and the service fees are NON-refundable. It is very unlikely that both of RWT courses will reach capacity so if you are not sure if you want to attend those, or you need to know the "confirmed" dates/times for that training, I would personally hold off on registering for RWT at this time.

We are meeting with the Delta training team next week to work out the logistics for this. I am not able to tell you whether or not you can attend both or whether they will run concurrently at this point. It depends on the facility availability and the staff avilability that will delivering the training. I will know more after our meeting next week.

What is the difference between RWT I and RWT II? Good question. Let me begin by saying that we are customizing the agenda for the training specific to this event. We will likely make some changes from last years RWT I training, and here are some of the things we are talking about covering in RWT II this year. Stay tuned - more to come.

RWT I:

The In-flight service training team conducts the majority of this training (and they are a fantastic group!)... Here is the agenda from last year. Anyone that attended the training can also provide their personal feedback/input:
  • In-flight services training - review of the In-flight safety announcement, the primary responsibilities on the in-flight crew, equipment and procedures. Overview of in-flight 6 week inflight training courses and topics. We had an ad-lib course on the proper procedure for Business Elite meal and beverage services.
  • ACS training - Overview of Delta's current Airport Customer Services training.
  • Meterology - Overview of Delta's Meterology department which is one the most technically proficent in industry.
  • Emergency Procedures: (includes hands-on training actually operating the emergency equipment aircraft systems, including door and window operation)
  • Emergency Equipment, Exit Operation, Emergency Evacuation Prepardeness, Water and Dry Ditching, Decompression.
  • Both Emergency Procedures and Equipment operations utilize the full-motion Cabin Simulator at Delta's state of the art training facility.

RWT II (Advanced):

Some of proposed topics we are considering:
  • Hazardous Materials - What is and what is NOT allowed on-board the aircraft.
  • Smoke and Fire - Learn about fire physiology, types of fires and hot to extinguish them, how to prevent them, and procedures for fighting a fire in the aircraft cabin.
  • First Aid/Medical - Addresses emergency action principles, choking, CPR, AED, basic first aid, and other related modules.
  • Security - Overview of Security issues and procedures. This may include the review of cast studies and role-play activities based on the most current information from FAA, TSA and DOT. (Note: Pairing of certain FT members can be arranged) - Just checking to see if anyone is reading the detail.

If there are other topics that people would like to have covered in RWT II, please let me know and we will consider it.

It is also possible that we may include either a Water or Dry Ditch refresh for this course... as one can never get too much practice.

Hope that helps provide some more clarity!

Last edited by atldlff; Jul 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The Hilton confirms they will give lounge access to their registered guests who are HHonors Gold members. (That's actually the normal policy at this Hilton.) I will ask HHonors Gold members staying at the Atlanta Airport Hilton to PM me a week or so before the event, and I will provide that list to the Hilton. That will make doubly sure you get lounge access as an HH Gold member.

I have confirmed that their lounge is now open regular hours over the weekend. Last year it was closed over the weekend with changed hours due to the economy. This year it is back to regular hours.

Where you have questions/concerns about the Hilton, I'll help. My first priority request was to get free Internet, which they graciously agreed to. Our contract is signed, but I can still follow up on questions/concerns.

The Hilton is doing a lot to help us out, so we ask that you give consideration to staying with them for this event.

Thank you,
David H.
^ to the Hilton for this ... will cancel the Ren asap
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by cfischer
^ to the Hilton for this ... will cancel the Ren asap
Glad to hear you are joining our party.

The reservations page for the Hilton is now up:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...l?WT.mc_id=POG

Note that when you complete your reservation, it is on their standard page that details the normal parking charges. Don't worry, we will not be paying to park. They will update the reservations page with a note about the parking, but that may take a day or so.

I used the link, and already made my reservation.

If anybody has questions, just let me know!

Have a great and safe holiday weekend! :-:

Thank you,
David H.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad to hear you are joining our party.

The reservations page for the Hilton is now up:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...l?WT.mc_id=POG

Note that when you complete your reservation, it is on their standard page that details the normal parking charges. Don't worry, we will not be paying to park. They will update the reservations page with a note about the parking, but that may take a day or so.

I used the link, and already made my reservation.

If anybody has questions, just let me know!

Have a great and safe holiday weekend! :-:

Thank you,
David H.
I will fly into ATL on Delta hopefully prices are high right now ... parking won't be necessary.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rate Type:
DELTA FLYERTALK
OCTOBER 17-OCTOBER 26 S/D 79.00 EPO/COMP HSIA/COMP SELF PARKING CUTOFF 09/29/2010 INDIVIDUAL CALL NON COMM SR TT
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Can you be specific on the first event on Thursday am (event + start time) and the final event on Sunday (event + end time). Would be helpful flight planning. Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
Can you be specific on the first event on Thursday am (event + start time) and the final event on Sunday (event + end time). Would be helpful flight planning. Thanks.
Should have that info ASAP.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I will fly into ATL on Delta hopefully prices are high right now ... parking won't be necessary.
That's the issue I'm having - Delta is a good bit more than United, and at this point I am in more dire need of United segments than Delta EQMs...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mersk862
That's the issue I'm having - Delta is a good bit more than United, and at this point I am in more dire need of United segments than Delta EQMs...
We won't tell
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Mrs. Italy & I will have our reservations for the Hilton made this weekend along with our air travel, after we decide what else we would like to do before and or after the DO. ^
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:22 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by hfly
I may be in the neighborhood and able to attend two days....
I am in a similar situation and can be there Sat and Sun probably, trying to figure out what will be there the last 2 days (most likely the RWT on Saturday?)
Not sure what else will be possible.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Rate Type:
DELTA FLYERTALK
OCTOBER 17-OCTOBER 26 S/D 79.00 EPO/COMP HSIA/COMP SELF PARKING CUTOFF 09/29/2010 INDIVIDUAL CALL NON COMM SR TT
What is the group/convention code to use on hilton.com? "DELTA FLYERTALK" is 9 chars too long.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
What is the group/convention code to use on hilton.com? "DELTA FLYERTALK" is 9 chars too long.
I used the link DiverDave posted above (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14229027-post170.html) and was able to pull up the FT rate by just clicking through and not having to enter any special group/rate code on hilton.com...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.