Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I cannot wait to hear what everyone has to say after each person’s individual experience...
Maybe you'll want a recorder in the simulator just to hear what everybody has to say while in the simulator too.. ...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by localady
Maybe you'll want a recorder in the simulator just to hear what everybody has to say while in the simulator too.. ...
That brings up a good question...

...are there actual “black boxes” in the flight simulators?...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:52 pm

That brings up a good question...

...are there actual “black boxes” in the flight simulators?...
Interesting thought... I'd almost be afraid that they could catch some good curse words which could go down in history...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Interesting thought... I'd almost be afraid that they could catch some good curse words which could go down in history...
Why — do you plan on being in the same flight simulator at the same time as the Dovster?!?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:02 pm

Why — do you plan on being in the same flight simulator at the same time as the Dovster?!?
hhhhhmmmm... He's been know to curse on occasion, I take it???? I've been know to let out a select word or two... Might be funny to listen to after...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
hhhhhmmmm... He's been know to curse on occasion, I take it???? I've been know to let out a select word or two... Might be funny to listen to after...
I've never heard Dovster utter a curse word.

He is nothing but the ultimate, learned gentleman in my experience.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I promise only to use Hebrew obscenities, thus leaving those not familiar with the language under the impression that I am deep in prayer.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
I've never heard Dovster utter a curse word.

He is nothing but the ultimate, learned gentleman in my experience.
I would not want to be a bad influence on him then...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
I promise only to use Hebrew obscenities, thus leaving those not familiar with the language under the impression that I am deep in prayer.
Oh give me a break... I'll start with Spanish obscenities, then use Italian hand signals, then break out some of the specialties which my grandmother and cousins taught me from Hungary and Slovakia... All which might slip out if something unexpected happens while I'm flying the plane..
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:14 pm

hhhhhmmmm... He's been know to curse on occasion, I take it????
Never! I was discharged from the U.S. Army at the rank of sergeant, and it is well-known that sergeants never curse.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:17 pm

Oh give me a break... I'll start with Spanish obscenities, then use Italian hand signals
There is not an Italian curse word or hand signal with which I am unfamiliar -- this being the result of over a decade of having my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) tell me precisely what she thinks of me.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:21 pm

There is not an Italian curse word or hand signal with which I am unfamiliar -- this being the result of over a decade of having my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) tell me precisely what she thinks of me.
Actually I'm better with the spanish and english curse words... I just know the italian hand signals from friends and I would guess that one would not use them while flying a simulator..
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Perhaps a sign of the cross might be one Italian hand signal that might be useful (ok Vatican actually if one wants to be more accurate)
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Never! I was discharged from the U.S. Army at the rank of sergeant, and it is well-known that sergeants never curse.
Perhaps not in the Army but in the Marines, cursing was the first language for Sergeants, especially Gunnery Sgts.

Though I was stationed on an Army base for some training and some of the Sergeants there were quite rank.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:04 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I always curse in sign language, and not in the (technically incorrect) sign you might think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.