Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event October 21-24, 2010

Old Jun 28, 10, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, United MP
Add me on the list of interested people who potentially will go
Old Jun 28, 10, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Just so everyone knows, Canarsie has been updating the posts at the beginning of the thread with new information as it becomes available.

Check out this years very cool logo that he created!
Old Jun 28, 10, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
As Hiltons go, it's well worth the $79 per night. Also note that Hilton HHonors Diamonds will get lounge access & complimentary breakfast for 2 no matter where their rooms are.

yeah, but I am only a Gold and hence may or may not get access ... and the lounge might be closed for the weekend! Hence I am looking for some kind of a reason to go with the more expensive Hilton. At other events Hiltons have guaranteed exec. floor rooms, so I was wondering if anything like it was in the works.

Originally Posted by USirritated View Post
At the Courtyard, there is a $62/night MR rate for October 21-25. For Marriott elite members, that is hard to beat!

I'm really looking forward to a great event!
I'd rather pay $71 and stay at the Ren.
Old Jun 28, 10, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

2% Discount on Delta Air Lines Airfare to the Event

Originally Posted by WesNSpace View Post
ATLDiff has arranged for us to be a part of a special "Corporate" program that will allow us to get a free ticket to be given away at a later time. If you are flying Delta to the event please consider calling 1-800-328-1111 and using reference code NM5VD. The phone booking fees are waived for those taking part in this program using this number and code. Also you will save 2% and help us with our fund-raising goals.
I am simply quoting this to add a link to the beginning of this thread.
Old Jun 28, 10, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
This is about a specific event that frequent travelers on Delta (and FlyerTalk members) are being invited to. This is NOT the arena to discuss your personal gripes or opinions on one's travel plans. ...
That was merely a response to your "gripes and opinions" about another poster in this thread.
Old Jun 28, 10, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
Just so everyone knows, Canarsie has been updating the posts at the beginning of the thread with new information as it becomes available.

Check out this years very cool logo that he created!
Very cool logo.
Old Jun 28, 10, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
I am simply quoting this to add a link to the beginning of this thread.
hmmm, I get 2% through ebates anyway or 3-3.5% through other options ... plus I need a more convoluted routing including more than just ATL plus I want to use at least 2 ECVs. Can I still use this? My guess is no, but I thought I ask anyway.
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Any advice on how to get skeptical, non-flying spouses to attend? Or at the very least, how to explain it to her so she'll let ME go?
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:44 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
Any advice on how to get skeptical, non-flying spouses to attend? Or at the very least, how to explain it to her so she'll let ME go?
Important meeting to set up social engagements? I am rehearsing that answer as well.
I am going to the ORD mini DO the weekend before and have booked myself on Saturday for now.
Have to find some one to do my work the last 2 days of the week.
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier, AS MVPG
As MemphisQueen would say, it's a field trip for grown-ups
Old Jun 28, 10, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Wirelessly posted (Propel: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Will the registration be mobile compatible?

I might not be in laptop/desktop range at the registration window.
Old Jun 29, 10, 1:11 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Completely non-flying ? Not sure, in that case. I got my almost FO spouse amenable to going by discussing the RWT, and she allowed as how it might be good to be formally trained in how to operate emergency exits, and use the slides, etc. We're tentatively coming, I'll have her committed by registration though. She'll probably only attend a few activities, and spend the rest of the time finding out if Coach, Burberry, etc., offer better prices in Atlanta than NY or Milan Atlanta is that town we've "been through" so many times without ever having "been too." I wonder if I can get her to agree to hotel-hop through 4 *wood hotels though ?
Old Jun 29, 10, 1:37 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
yeah, but I am only a Gold and hence may or may not get access ... and the lounge might be closed for the weekend! Hence I am looking for some kind of a reason to go with the more expensive Hilton. At other events Hiltons have guaranteed exec. floor rooms, so I was wondering if anything like it was in the works.

I'd rather pay $71 and stay at the Ren.
Same here, but I can't find that rate anymore, care to share?
Old Jun 29, 10, 9:42 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Might try letting her speak with Mrs. Italy who has inquired more about this DO than anything else, to include the grand kids. Me going to the Cow DO - nope, nada, no way, not going to happen (there is still a glimmer as she has not said "NO!". Me going on a MR - maybe, we will see . . . The 2nd ATL DO - YES!!!. Go figure.
Old Jun 29, 10, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
Wirelessly posted (Propel: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Will the registration be mobile compatible?

I might not be in laptop/desktop range at the registration window.
Great question... let me check.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: