Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Sorry if this was answered earlier... I've read every page of this thread over the past few months but just tried several searches and couldn't find an answer.

I'm booking a trip to SEA and want to go through one of these DEQM promo cities to beef up my MQM. I think I've found some descent flights -- either out of PIT or STL.

My question concerns the positioning flights. I absolutely realize that they're not really supposed to get the DEQM, but I know that's been happening. Is that happening on all flight segments or just the last one? If it's only the last one then I'll try to take a direct flight to the main city, otherwise I'll take a connection and try to maximize things.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bworrell
My question concerns the positioning flights. I absolutely realize that they're not really supposed to get the DEQM, but I know that's been happening. Is that happening on all flight segments or just the last one?
As you say, the positioning flts are not supposed to qualify for the 2X MQM's. If they happen -- not saying they are -- this would be an error in the favor of the passenger.

Sometimes best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Shhhh...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold, UA Premier
Kevin has not replied to my coworkers request to fix her promotional miles which have not posted. Could someone PM me some of his colleagues email addresses? I have searched the thread but either I am missing them or they have not been posted. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by YosefTraveler
Kevin has not replied to my coworkers request to fix her promotional miles which have not posted. Could someone PM me some of his colleagues email addresses? I have searched the thread but either I am missing them or they have not been posted. Thanks in advance.
Try....

Andrea Maurer at [email protected] or Leslie Aiken at [email protected].
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Geography per Delta

Thanks for the info about the flights having to originate in RDU, for example. My mistake but see what Delta has replied so far.

Just for fun, I emailed Delta via the email site asking about getting double MQM for a RT to RDU and have gotten the following three answers so far.

1) They will post at the end of the promotion

2) You did not register for the South American double miles promotion. (I sent a reply that I know RDU is in the South but I thought it was still in North America so I asked again)

3) You did not register for the South America or Latin America promotion. (Getting closer but still south of the Border so I suggested use of an Atlas)

Still waiting for the next response.

Cheers
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by X3Skier
Thanks for the info about the flights having to originate in RDU, for example. My mistake but see what Delta has replied so far.

Just for fun, I emailed Delta via the email site asking about getting double MQM for a RT to RDU and have gotten the following three answers so far.

1) They will post at the end of the promotion

2) You did not register for the South American double miles promotion. (I sent a reply that I know RDU is in the South but I thought it was still in North America so I asked again)

3) You did not register for the South America or Latin America promotion. (Getting closer but still south of the Border so I suggested use of an Atlas)

Still waiting for the next response.

Cheers
why would you do that?

you know people have been getting the 2x for flights that end in the cities.....but you still emailed them....i know it's a long shot but they could go back and correct the error so it wont happen again
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by ianturner
why would you do that?

you know people have been getting the 2x for flights that end in the cities.....but you still emailed them....i know it's a long shot but they could go back and correct the error so it wont happen again
I emailed before I was corrected that the flights had to originate in the target cities. I had no idea there was an error in some accounts. I did NOT "...know people have been getting the 2x...."

Cheers
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone,
First time posting... I've been following this thread for a while, and I haven't seen the answer to a question I have. 3/4 of the spoke cities specifically state "fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in xxx", but BNA states "fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA)"

Is this a mistake, or do flights only originating out of BNA (and not returning there) get full credit?

I'm planning on doing an INTL flight soon, and thought I'd take a one way ticket to BNA, and take advantage of this. I'm based out of ATL, so my flight would look something like this:

ATL > BNA (one way separate PNR)
BNA > ATL > CDG > BOM > CDG > ATL

This would be a multi-city booking (BNA > BOM, BOM > ATL), so:

1) Does multi-city count as "round-trip" for this promotion? and
2) Would this count for full DMQM, and 25k bonus miles?

I know the rules are ambiguous, so I'm wondering if anyone has done anything similar out of BNA? (I've looked through the thread and can't find anything, so pardon my ignorance

-Matt
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by hattmardy
Hi Everyone,
First time posting... I've been following this thread for a while, and I haven't seen the answer to a question I have. 3/4 of the spoke cities specifically state "fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in xxx", but BNA states "fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA)"

Is this a mistake, or do flights only originating out of BNA (and not returning there) get full credit?

I'm planning on doing an INTL flight soon, and thought I'd take a one way ticket to BNA, and take advantage of this. I'm based out of ATL, so my flight would look something like this:

I know the rules are ambiguous, so I'm wondering if anyone has done anything similar out of BNA? (I've looked through the thread and can't find anything, so pardon my ignorance

-Matt
I think the last ATL stop would make it invalid. Unless BNA is the only city that is different in this promo (I thought they were all the same) you do need to start and stop in BNA. So instead of the one way from ATL to BNA, you should do a RT.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:22 pm

Miles Posted - Now PM

The bonus MQMs posted with the final segment for each leg.

Very quick. What is weird is DL once again changed the layout of the SkyPesos page of the web site, so it is a little hard to follow. Yesterday it had a separate line for bonus SMs and the bonus MQMs. Now the 25000 bonus miles posted as 12500 bonus miles added to the last segment of each leg.

Anyway, they upgraded me to PM today, so I do not have to wait until Sunday, the way it was in the past.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally posted by matthardy
Hi Everyone,

-Matt

This site has one promo statement covering all four cities. BNA has the same requirements as the others.

http://www.delta.com/pet/doublemqm062010tc/pet/main

Last edited by CarmenOM; Sep 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
So what are the legal minimum connection times that would tie a positioning flight to flights in/out of the bonus city origin? For domestic bonus flights? International?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:34 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by meh130
The bonus MQMs posted with the final segment for each leg.

Very quick. What is weird is DL once again changed the layout of the SkyPesos page of the web site, so it is a little hard to follow. Yesterday it had a separate line for bonus SMs and the bonus MQMs. Now the 25000 bonus miles posted as 12500 bonus miles added to the last segment of each leg.

Anyway, they upgraded me to PM today, so I do not have to wait until Sunday, the way it was in the past.
Just FYI - there is an "expand all" option on the new SkyMiles page so you can see each line item below the main activity.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
standby for an earlier flight

I am taking a r/t out of PIT this weekend... if I go to the airport and standby for an earlier flight will I still recieve the DEQM & 10Krdm bonus?

I have seen many posts in this thread in which any change or IROP have resulted in miles (especially bonus miles) not posting correctly.

I would love to hear from anyone who acually did a earlier standby.

Last edited by bajrbajr; Sep 29, 2010 at 1:14 am
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Yes, you can go on an earlier flight, you will still get your miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.