Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 22, 10, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by DLFan2 View Post
Fellow FTers, this thread is now 84 pages long. Please don't tell me to read every page to find the answer to my question.

Please tell me how to reach Jeff Pinto and/or Laura...
Search and ye shall find. @:-)
Old Sep 22, 10, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Fellow FTers, this thread is now 84 pages long. Please don't tell me to read every page to find the answer to my question.

Please tell me how to reach Jeff Pinto and/or Laura...I need to get the bonus miles for my BNA-SYD-BNA MR which was completed on 9/13. Sounds like I should have had them post by now (even though the T&C say that they will post six weeks after the end of the promotion).

If it isn't permitted to post the emails publicly, please PM me. Thanks!
Is it in the wiki?
Old Sep 22, 10, 3:25 pm

Programs: 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum

Please tell me how to reach Jeff Pinto and/or Laura...I need to get the bonus miles for my BNA-SYD-BNA MR which was completed on 9/13. Sounds like I should have had them post by now (even though the T&C say that they will post six weeks after the end of the promotion).

I remember this coming up early in the thread. Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions posted something about issues with this. Check his post #307 on page 21 and also #335 on page 23. Read in the timeframe from page 19-30 as others experienced this.
Old Sep 22, 10, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
Take your posted MQM balance and what you have coming, and you know the number, assume (?) what's missing will ultimately post, even if it takes more legwork on your part, and then make a determination. @:-) Or, maybe I'm just missing something here.
There's some question if they will grant me all the miles because of the convoluted routing and layover. So I can't be certain of what I'll get eventually.
Old Sep 22, 10, 5:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Living in PIT, I've been pretty much keeping up with the "stuff" here, but one thing I can't seem to remember. I've been working on a trip to TXL for December, and every time I try to choose flights, the choices change, and I just can't get the outbound and the reurn I want to come up together during the same search - BELIEVE ME, I've tried every way I can think of. So, I called the PM line, and they were able to do it for me!! The glitch was trying to get a forced overnight in Paris on the way back from TXL. . . .

Anyway, my question is: Does the promotion require a ticket to be purchased online, or can I ticket by phone and still get all the bonuses? I don't seem to recall any restriction about that.
Old Sep 22, 10, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Booking by phone is fine
Old Sep 22, 10, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL-PM. AA,QF,UA. Every imaginable hotel program, but use Hotwire and Priceline whenever possible!
FWIW I emailed Kevin Pinto and when I checked my account a couple of hours later, my missing miles had been credited and I had received a nice email from him explaining why the failure to credit had occurred (my positioning trip on a separate PNR had confused the system).
Old Sep 22, 10, 10:04 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Just came across this. Man, I need this promotion. I'm 20K MQMs away from Gold.

Thank you for sharing. My time is limited but hope to squeeze in a big Intl trip from one of the promo cities this fall.
Old Sep 23, 10, 5:24 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I am sorry for this post - I think this has been discussed before.

I am looking to fly RDU-ATL with a 7 hour stop in ATL. Then flying ATL-CHS and then two days later CHS-ATL-RDU.

I assume I will get double MQMs on the RDU-ATL and CHS-ATL-RDU segments but not on the ATL-CHS segments. Is that correct?

Also with the bonus RDMs I assume I will get 7,500 (2,500 for RDU-ATL and then 5,000 for CHS-ATL-RDU). Am I correct on that one too?

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 10, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I am sorry for this post - I think this has been discussed before.

I am looking to fly RDU-ATL with a 7 hour stop in ATL. Then flying ATL-CHS and then two days later CHS-ATL-RDU.

I assume I will get double MQMs on the RDU-ATL and CHS-ATL-RDU segments but not on the ATL-CHS segments. Is that correct?

Also with the bonus RDMs I assume I will get 7,500 (2,500 for RDU-ATL and then 5,000 for CHS-ATL-RDU). Am I correct on that one too?

Thanks!
TTT, would this be on one PNR? I think that's the key issue here. If your RDU-ATL flight is on one PNR and the rest on a separate one, you wouldn't get any bonus miles at all. If it's all on the same PNR, I believe you should get DMQM and 10k RDM.
Old Sep 23, 10, 7:25 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.98MM And holding - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post

Thank you for sharing. My time is limited but hope to squeeze in a big Intl trip from one of the promo cities this fall.
For about $500 - you can do 2 RT - BNA-SEA - in 2 days and get 21,000 MQMs
Might be a better option unless your planning on making the big Intl trip a vacation and actually stay someplace.
Old Sep 23, 10, 7:41 am

Programs: 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post

Don't overlook Hawaii!

I was looking at an international trip but couldn't decide on one. Then I got the promo e-mail on Hawaii. I looked into it and it made perfect sense. By going west first and then returning east, my trip takes less than 48 hrs (34) and I miss no work time. I'm picking up about 30K in bonuses and I get about 7 hrs in HNL to make a quick tour of the sights (I could have just done a turnaround). A-fares are about $2500.00 which also has the 150% bonus x 2.

My routing is 9947 X 150% x 2 = 29841 MQM.
Old Sep 23, 10, 10:35 am

You don't have to read but you can search this thread only, you know? BTW, it's Kevin Pinto, not Jeff. That might affect your search results...
Old Sep 23, 10, 1:23 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
TTT, would this be on one PNR? I think that's the key issue here. If your RDU-ATL flight is on one PNR and the rest on a separate one, you wouldn't get any bonus miles at all. If it's all on the same PNR, I believe you should get DMQM and 10k RDM.
Yes - all one PNR. Thanks for the information. Certainly better than what I was thinking!
Old Sep 23, 10, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by pmaddock View Post
Well DL's posting system doesn't seem to like my flts for some reason. The outbound to PDX posted with a 5K bonus (1/2 of non hub domestic) but the return didn't show even though my flts from the next day did. I submitted for mileage credit and the PDX-MSP showed up w/o the MSP-STL - so the system downgraded the original boost to 2500 (1/2 of domestic hub). Tried to request credit again but now the the system is giving a 'too soon to post' code even though the next day's flts posted. (the entire circle was back on Sat). Going to call the Medallion line - guess if that doesn't work it will be time to try Kevin "Mr. Wizard" Pinto.
Happy to report the Medallion line was able to take care of it. They called down to some specialty desk and got the final segment posted. I'm almost afraid to admit it but so far the DFW-ATL-STL and back 'feeder' ticket did end up getting credit for the promo as well.

Guess this is why Silver just doesn't cut it anymore.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: