Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
Done! Thanks for the reminder of the button to notify the mods. Since most people abide by common courtesy, I haven't had reason to utilize it thus far. By reminding people not to spam or try and sell something on here, I'm not cluttering. You clearly haven't even gotten the point!
(i.e., more clutter and commentary instead of just hitting the button. more self-moderating instead of leaving that job to the moderators.)

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
I did find the exact routing on Delta.com but it wouldn't let me book it. Tried three times. Same message: .... please call Delta Representative. Blah blah blah.
Funny you mention this.

I just booked STL-ATL-LAX-ATL-MKE-ATL-LAX-ATL-STL (for $418.60). When I tried backtracking through ATL, the first weekend I tried let me do it but I didn't like the price. The second weekend I tried gave me the error you saw. The third weekend I tried let me do it at a price a liked. So, I booked it.

But, I chose the EXACT same itinerary all three weekends. Very odd, no?

Sorry I am new to this and would like to learn how.

Is this as simple as going to Delta.com, choose Roundtrip, put in STL to MKE and dates? For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how that would come out as yours did in one ticket. Did I miss something or is this a two ticket itin?

Thanks for all your help.
You're welcome.

On delta.com, I just booked STL-ATL-LAX-ATL-MKE-ATL-LAX-ATL-STL.

STL-LAX Day 1
LAX-MKE Day 1
MKE-LAX Day 2
LAX-STL Day 2

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:41 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Im doing a similar run on Halloween weekend. With an overnight in MKE (which is awesome since I live here), nice way to break up a MR in your own bed.

Positioning flight in to STL on 10/29
I am doing STL-SLC-LAX-ATL-MKE(day one) 10/30 starting at 8am
MKE-MSP-LAX-SLC-STL (day 2) 10/31 arriving back to STL at 1144P
with flying out back to MKE on 11/1 at 735a
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
i'm not very good at figuring out totals. can someone kindly tell me, RDU to LHR through ATL booked in business, with this promo, what is the total MQM and total skymiles for me?

thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
i'm not very good at figuring out totals. can someone kindly tell me, RDU to LHR through ATL booked in business, with this promo, what is the total MQM and total skymiles for me?

thanks!
I use gcmap.com to figure these things out. In your case, here's how to use it: go to gcmap.com and click on "Map". In the Paths box, enter your route (RDU-ATL-LHR-ATL-RDU). To the right of that, click the "Dist+Time" tab and enter "500" under "Minimum". Click "Draw Map", and you have your base mileage (plus or minus maybe 10 miles).

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=RDU-ATL...s&DU=mi&DM=500

Using this info, it comes out to 9,420 base miles. Using your DM status and the bonus, you get 9,420*1.5 COS * 2 promo = 28,260 MQM and 9,420 * (1.25 Diamond bonus + .5 COS) + 50,000 promo = 75,905 RDM according to my calculations.

Happy travels!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: Down to silver.....
MR success

Rarely post but frequently read, wanted to share promo experience

Flew this past saturday/sunday

Booked RDU - JFK - PHX (red eye) - ATL - RDU

$280ish

Positioning flight ATL - RDU $180ish

10k MQM +
20k SM+

5/5 UGS (RDU-JFK is Em145)

Door to door in 26 hours. Only "mistake" i made was ATL - RDU was a turn around plane and i had booked the 12:17 flight, could have saved myself an hour or so

No issues with the positioning flight being too close to promo itinerary, however, JFK - PHX leg and PHX - ATL leg did not post bonus MQMs

Emailed K. Pinto this afternoon, it was fixed and responded to within an hour!!!

His reputation is true and then some, excellent Delta employee experience.

Thank you again Kevin.

MRM

Last edited by MVA2001; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry I am new to this and would like to learn how.

Is this as simple as going to Delta.com, choose Roundtrip, put in STL to MKE and dates? For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how that would come out as yours did in one ticket. Did I miss something or is this a two ticket itin?

Thanks for all your help.
I used multi-city on delta.com and put in STL-LAX, LAX-MKE, MKE-LAX and LAX-STL. You then get a list of flights for each entry. Since there are no direct flights (as far as I know) for these city pairs, each will be routed through a hub. You choose the routings you prefer, then see what the price ends up being. As pointed out above, sometimes delta.com can't price it out. I don't know why that is.

I actually use expedia.com's multi-city first to see which routings are possible for the low price, find the legs that have the highest mileage for the low price and then plug them into delta.com. I replace the low-mileage legs with higher-mileage legs, like LAX-DTW-MKE for LAX-MSP-MKE. If the replacement keeps the low price, I'm golden.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVA2001
...Emailed K. Pinto this afternoon, it was fixed and responded to within an hour!!!

His reputation is true and then some, excellent Delta employee experience...
I emailed him about legs not posting, and thus the bonus not posting, and he emailed me on 9/15 that he passed my issue off to an associate. Nothing has happened since, so I think the timely magic happens only if he gets involved directly. I was a bit perturbed when I found out he wasn't going to handle it, and apparently I was right to be.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold, UA Premier
Could someone PM me Kevin's email address or anyone else that has been helpful getting the bonus miles posted? I have a coworker that has registered for the RDU code and we flew this past weekend but her bonus miles didn't post. My bonus miles did for the same exact flights so we know it's something that should have happened. She emailed the customer service desk but they of course said that it won't post until after the end of the year. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by YosefTraveler
Could someone PM me Kevin's email address...
In case you don't get a PM, you'll find your answer in this thread.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just booked STL-ATL-DEN-ATL-STL on 10/30 for $170.80.

There seemed to be multiple same day examples available.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I emailed him about legs not posting, and thus the bonus not posting, and he emailed me on 9/15 that he passed my issue off to an associate. Nothing has happened since, so I think the timely magic happens only if he gets involved directly.
Same thing happened to me. My first run, KP fixed the problem within an hour at about 10 PM. I was amazed.

The second run, I emailed KP last week. He said he was handing it off to Linda. A few days later, I followed up with an email. Still nothing....odd.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
(Insert broken record)

How much did the ticket cost?

(Remove broken record)
Sorry, been away for a few days. $3k.

MO
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MachOne
Sorry, been away for a few days. $3k.

MO
No worries. Thank you for your answer.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
Is it possible to go through two of the bonus cities and collect promo for both? Seperate tix of course, each with originating/terminating in a promo city. Has anyone tried it?

example with unknown connections:

Day1/Ticket1: BNA-XXX-STL
Day1/Ticket2: STL-XXX-LAX
Day2/Ticket2: LAX-XXX-STL
Day2/Ticket1: STL-XXX-BNA
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by matt5596
Is it possible to go through two of the bonus cities and collect promo for both? Seperate tix of course, each with originating/terminating in a promo city. Has anyone tried it?

example with unknown connections:

Day1/Ticket1: BNA-XXX-STL
Day1/Ticket2: STL-XXX-LAX
Day2/Ticket2: LAX-XXX-STL
Day2/Ticket1: STL-XXX-BNA
Is this a nested ticket and are nested tickets allowed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.