Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 16, 10, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
I haven't read back through all the postings on this thread, so this may be redundant. Various routings from the focus cities to SIN cost around $1300 and would bring in 42,000-43,000 MQM. PIT-CDG costs under $750 for 15,600 MQM. These are for travel in the first half of November.
I'm doing STL-ATL-LAX-NRT-LAX-ATL-STL on 11/7 all booked in M and was able to upgrade all segments using two (supposedly worthless) SWU's. The trip should yield 67,374 MQM's.

MO
Old Sep 16, 10, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MachOne View Post
I'm doing STL-ATL-LAX-NRT-LAX-ATL-STL on 11/7 all booked in M and was able to upgrade all segments using two (supposedly worthless) SWU's. The trip should yield 67,374 MQM's.

MO
Will you tell us what you paid for the M fare?
Old Sep 16, 10, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MachOne View Post

MO
(Insert broken record)

How much did the ticket cost?

(Remove broken record)
Old Sep 16, 10, 8:35 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Man, I still wish they would do this for MSY...they basically have the same DL footprint, and is an airport dominated by WN.
Old Sep 16, 10, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
I haven't read back through all the postings on this thread, so this may be redundant. Various routings from the focus cities to SIN cost around $1300 and would bring in 42,000-43,000 MQM. PIT-CDG costs under $750 for 15,600 MQM. These are for travel in the first half of November.
Domestically, the segment ATL-SEA or ATL-PDX is pretty good for MQMS - for example, PIT-ATL-SEA roundtrip yields about 10800 MQM for around $260. There's also PIT-JFK-SLC-LGB-SLC-ATL-PIT for about $260 and 11500 MQMs.
Old Sep 16, 10, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm done for now with my STL runs. I flew two -- back to back so only had one rt positioning flight DCA-STL.

I flew DCA-STL stayed overnight and then STL-ICN (6 nights) and then after an overnight in STL flew STL-LIM (2 nights).

Total $s spent -- $1660 including a $150 ECV.
Base miles earned 133,432. about 1.2 cents/mile.
EQMs earned 53,953. about 3.1 cents/mile.

Upgrades -- all domestic segments, 10 total. 3 of 5 international segments --DTW-ICN, ICN-NRT, ATL-LIM.
Bag went to ILM (Wilmington, NC) instead of LIM -- based on conversations with agents in LIM this may happen regularly. Did receive a $200 ecv for the inconvenience.

Met some FTers, some great DL staff (both PMNW and PMDL), interesting people in Korea and Peru. Used the connection in ATL for a global entry interview.
Ate some good food in Korea and Peru.

Thanks to the FTers who posted the STL/BNA/PIT/RDU specials and the STL-LIM fare. All of the miles posted appropriately except for the LIM-STL but the return flight to DCA started 45 minutes after landing in STL so Kevin P fixed that problem.
tom
Old Sep 16, 10, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mot29 View Post
I'm done for now with my STL runs. I flew two -- back to back so only had one rt positioning flight DCA-STL.

I flew DCA-STL stayed overnight and then STL-ICN (6 nights) and then after an overnight in STL flew STL-LIM (2 nights).

Upgrades -- all domestic segments, 10 total. 3 of 5 international segments --DTW-ICN, ICN-NRT, ATL-LIM.
Bag went to ILM (Wilmington, NC) instead of LIM -- based on conversations with agents in LIM this may happen regularly. Did receive a $200 ecv for the inconvenience.

Met some FTers, some great DL staff (both PMNW and PMDL), interesting people in Korea and Peru. Used the connection in ATL for a global entry interview.

Thanks to the FTers who posted the STL/BNA/PIT/RDU specials and the STL-LIM fare. All of the miles posted appropriately except for the LIM-STL but the return flight to DCA started 45 minutes after landing in STL so Kevin P fixed that problem.
tom
thats cheap! lucky on the op ups too!
Old Sep 16, 10, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I've searched this thread but haven't seen this question posted. Has anyone flown out of one of these hubs yet and used the Pay With Miles option (but only using part of the miles to pay for the flight) while booking their flight and have you received the double MQMs and RDMs for the offer?

Last edited by yohanson; Sep 16, 10 at 8:50 pm Reason: clarification
Old Sep 16, 10, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by yohanson View Post
I've searched this thread but haven't seen this question posted. Has anyone flown out of one of these hubs yet and used the Pay With Miles option (but only using part of the miles to pay for the flight) while booking their flight and have you received the double MQMs and RDMs for the offer?
I'm pretty sure all PWM tickets are automatically ineligible for mileage accrual, even if only partially paid with miles.
Old Sep 16, 10, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
I'm pretty sure all PWM tickets are automatically ineligible for mileage accrual, even if only partially paid with miles.
That's what I thought. Is there a way to book a companion with PWM at the same time that I would book my "full fare"? It only gives me the option to use PWM for both fares.
Old Sep 17, 10, 6:54 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson View Post
That's what I thought. Is there a way to book a companion with PWM at the same time that I would book my "full fare"? It only gives me the option to use PWM for both fares.
You probably could book them seperately then have SMS line link them for you.
Old Sep 17, 10, 7:50 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mot29 View Post

tom
That was me next to you on the ATL-MSP flight on the 14th. Good to meet you. Need to shoot an email to Kevin P to get my bonuses fixed up.
Old Sep 17, 10, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
I'm joining the 'conga' albeit at a junior level. Am in STL this week anyway so I decided to try it. I can't swing the time to go intl but got STL-MSP-PDX-MSP-PDX for $250 less the last of my $25 NW Certs that is expiring so the cost per MQM is fairly low. I can do it in a day and get home by lunch on Sunday.

Just checking - I'm assuming that the trip from DFW to STL and back won't count under this promo?
Old Sep 17, 10, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by pmaddock View Post
I'm joining the 'conga' albeit at a junior level. Am in STL this week anyway so I decided to try it. I can't swing the time to go intl but got STL-MSP-PDX-MSP-PDX for $250 less the last of my $25 NW Certs that is expiring so the cost per MQM is fairly low. I can do it in a day and get home by lunch on Sunday.

Just checking - I'm assuming that the trip from DFW to STL and back won't count under this promo?
If you registered for the promo before you flew (You did do that, right? If not, do it before leaving for PDX!), you MAY get the bonus for the DFW-STL r/t. If you do, keep quiet about it so that DL doesn't decide to take it away.
Old Sep 17, 10, 2:17 pm

Sorry - I am sure this has been discussed but I was not able to find it quickly in the 80 pages of this discussion

Since I am not in the spoke city (STL, PIT, RDU) - I have to book 2 seperate tickets one to go from my city to say PIT and then from there to my final destination. Could I fly early morning say from TLH-PIT and then start my 2nd itenary from PIT that same day or does it have to be different days?

Are there some limitations or constraints?

And the final question - would I be able to check my bags all the way to the final destination - or do I have to re-check in PIT?

Thanks for any help on this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: