Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 15, 10, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
I've done BNA-SEA same day turn around through ATL - 10,728 MQMs for $259 all in.
Thank you!
Old Sep 15, 10, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend View Post
I would love to do a few more of these trips. I did STL-LIM twice.

I would appreciate if people continue to post good itineraries/prices, etc. either in this thread or the thread in the Mileage Run Discussion forum (or, PM me if you prefer). I live in NYC but don't mind positioning. A mileage run companion would also be cool, though certainly not required.

Thank you everyone.
JFKSFOLAX_friend (and anyone else interested!), I know it's a bit late for this, but I've found STL-DEN to be decent for both CPMQM and CPRDM. I'm doing this trip twice (both on Sundays after going somewhere else on Saturday) and doing same-day turns. First time is STL-ATL-DEN-ATL-STL, second time is STL-ATL-DEN-SLC-STL. The cheap fares that make this run nice may have sold out by now, but worth checking into.
Old Sep 15, 10, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
JFKSFOLAX_friend (and anyone else interested!), I know it's a bit late for this, but I've found STL-DEN to be decent for both CPMQM and CPRDM. I'm doing this trip twice (both on Sundays after going somewhere else on Saturday) and doing same-day turns. First time is STL-ATL-DEN-ATL-STL, second time is STL-ATL-DEN-SLC-STL. The cheap fares that make this run nice may have sold out by now, but worth checking into.
Thanks. What price did you get? I am seeing $158 before tax.
Old Sep 15, 10, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
I did part of that run last weekend. I did STL-ATL-DEN-SLC-SAN-SLC-STL
had a great time!
Old Sep 15, 10, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
I did not register for the double miles promotion yet. I will before I book. Anyone want to save me some searching pain and repost the link if readily available since I don't know where it was originally posted? Thanks
Old Sep 15, 10, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Promo link

http://www.delta.com/pet/doublemqm062010tc/pet/main
Old Sep 15, 10, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA View Post
I did part of that run last weekend. I did STL-ATL-DEN-SLC-SAN-SLC-STL
had a great time!
Once again, price please.
Old Sep 15, 10, 8:36 pm

Thanks. What price did you get? I am seeing $158 before tax.
Holy smokes! Wish I had found that . According to my records, I paid about $260 ai for each trip (that's just the STL-DEN ticket).

Looking some more, I'm also doing runs to PDX, SAN, PHF, and BOS. Found a flight STL-ATL-SAN-ATL (redeye)-STL 11/12 Dec, for $260.80 ai. Comes out as:
4784 base miles + 10000 bonus miles = 14784 RDM --> 1.76 CPRDM
4784 base miles *2 = 9568 MQM --> 2.72 CPMQM

Similar itinerary is available 23/24 Oct, but is $291ai.

The PHF and BOS runs are not true mileage runs, as I'm actually going to see people and thus am not necessarily taking the cheapest, longest routings. That said, I will end this year with a nice pile of MQM (for me, anyway) as well as RDM (cross my fingers and hope that my AF-related travels have me end up on a Y fare sometime ).

If anyone wants specific details as to fares and routings, I'm happy to share those. Thanks to FT for initially pointing this promo out, and sharing many a tip that I may consciously or unconsciously put to use.

Happy travels!
Old Sep 15, 10, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
My cost was 169 without my positioning flight
Old Sep 15, 10, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Thanks! I still need/want to do a few more of these and ideas are appreciated. Feel free to PM if anyone has ideas or wants a travel companion.
Old Sep 15, 10, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
In the fine print in the attached is the following: MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 68 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010)

Does this mean that the MQMs will post in 2011 so will not impact Medallion status in 2011 but rather 2012?
Has anyone flown using this promotion and received bonus MQMs yet?
Old Sep 15, 10, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
If my memory serves me right, when this first came out a few months ago several people confirmed that the miles would in fact be credited to 2010 miles.
Old Sep 15, 10, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Thanks! I still need/want to do a few more of these and ideas are appreciated. Feel free to PM if anyone has ideas or wants a travel companion.
I haven't read back through all the postings on this thread, so this may be redundant. Various routings from the focus cities to SIN cost around $1300 and would bring in 42,000-43,000 MQM. PIT-CDG costs under $750 for 15,600 MQM. These are for travel in the first half of November.
Old Sep 15, 10, 10:16 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyFromDTW View Post
In the fine print in the attached is the following: MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 68 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010)

Does this mean that the MQMs will post in 2011 so will not impact Medallion status in 2011 but rather 2012?
Has anyone flown using this promotion and received bonus MQMs yet?

ALL bonus RDM's AND MQM's post IMMEDIATELY along with your normal miles. Here's a link to the FT post about this promotion. There are currently more than 1100 posts which should answer most questions you have, and will probably generate a few new ones!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ound-trip.html
Old Sep 16, 10, 5:22 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
I too will verify this posted immediately. After last week's BNA-HKG trip and a short segment yesterday, I'm a newly minted DM. Ironically, it appears my first flight as a DM will be in coach later today.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: