Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry for breaking the cardinal rule of not reading the entire thread, but I came up against an urgent trip this Wednesday to BNA via ATL and back through ATL on Sunday to OKC. But this is not elgible for any promotion, right?
Correct, since you're not starting and ending in BNA.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry for breaking the cardinal rule of not reading the entire thread, but I came up against an urgent trip this Wednesday to BNA via ATL and back through ATL on Sunday to OKC. But this is not elgible for any promotion, right?
I'll cut you some slack this time Xeno but don't let it happen again...

First off, did you register for the BNA-specific bonus promotion? If not, do so before Wednesday. Here is the link:

http://delta.com/bnabonus

Secondly, the promotion T&C clearly state that the RT must start and end in the bonus city. Having said that, some folks have reported that RT originating elsewhere (and also one-way trips to or from a bonus city) have earned the bonus. Someone has also said that DL removed their DMQM and bonus RDM later after everything posted.. So YMMV but it certainly doesn't hurt to register before flying out...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by yashan
I'll cut you some slack this time Xeno but don't let it happen again...

First off, did you register for the BNA-specific bonus promotion? If not, do so before Wednesday. Here is the link:

http://delta.com/bnabonus

Secondly, the promotion T&C clearly state that the RT must start and end in the bonus city. Having said that, some folks have reported that RT originating elsewhere (and also one-way trips to or from a bonus city) have earned the bonus. Someone has also said that DL removed their DMQM and bonus RDM later after everything posted.. So YMMV but it certainly doesn't hurt to register before flying out...
Thanks for the helping hand. I am now registered and we'll see what happens.

I am 1.7K short of DM and had to call SMS to hear I would get 2K MQMs which will be a good way to start the October trip to IST.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Ok I'm a bit annoyed, its been over 24 hours and I still don't have all of my miles posted, Im still missing 3 segments. I know Im very anal about this sort of thing and normally I wouldn't be, but it is a difference between GM and PM
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:59 pm

Not to piggyback on Xeno's post, but after reading 51 pages of this thread I understand I have to fly in and out of BNA, but can't find an answer to my specific question. If I am already planning a one way from BNA to MCO, would I still get the 10K bonus if I booked a RT flight but never took the return flight back to BNA?

Flying up direct to BNA with friends on Southwest and would be willing to book a roundtrip home on Delta if I could score the points!

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Ok I'm a bit annoyed, its been over 24 hours and I still don't have all of my miles posted, Im still missing 3 segments. I know Im very anal about this sort of thing and normally I wouldn't be, but it is a difference between GM and PM
Report the missing segments through delta.com If the miles don't post correctly, then e-mail Kevin and he'll take care of it.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
You said in another post this morning:

"I have a flight out tomorrow so either way if I get the other miles I will be a PM tomorrow night."

Just relax and wait a another day like you, yourself, suggested. E-mailing SMS will still require you to wait a couple days and e-mailing KP, in my opinion, is not an option yet for something like this because you haven't waited enough time nor gone through the proper channels first.

Relax, MR_MAMA.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Allitali
Not to piggyback on Xeno's post, but after reading 51 pages of this thread I understand I have to fly in and out of BNA, but can't find an answer to my specific question. If I am already planning a one way from BNA to MCO, would I still get the 10K bonus if I booked a RT flight but never took the return flight back to BNA?

Flying up direct to BNA with friends on Southwest and would be willing to book a roundtrip home on Delta if I could score the points!

Thanks for your help!

No. You didn't fly the return, so you wouldn't even earn the regular mileage (and any Medallion bonus, if appropriate), and therefore you wouldn't get the DMQM and the bonus RDM.

In addition, you may or may not get DMQM and 5k bonus (half of 10k) for just the outbound. DL might also take it away for not completing the RT. No one has posted regarding the dropping of a return leg. People have posted that they got the bonus on a one-way but someone also said the miles were taken away too. YMMV.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:39 pm
Suspended

My postings were all jacked up from my first run. I emailed Kevin at about 9 PM eastern and it was fixed within the hour. Wow.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
My postings were all jacked up from my first run. I emailed Kevin at about 9 PM eastern and it was fixed within the hour. Wow.
I would never go to him as a primary source but when other channels fail, he is quite amazing. That's why I call him...

He.Who.Walks.On.Water
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by yashan
Not sure what you're asking... But you will not qualify for DMQM for the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air anyway. That is not a Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated flight as per the DMQM T&C. As for the Horizon double miles promo, I am not familiar with that one.
There is a promo starting in a couple of days for double RDM (I think) for itineraries that include an Alaska or Horizon flight. I don't know if it is stackable with the double MQM offer, which of course does not apply to Alaska or Horizon flights.

http://www.delta.com/pet/alaskaoffer0810tc/pet/main

Doesn't matter in my case, as my Horizon flights will be done before the start of the promotion. But they seem to have fouled up the posting of the double MQM bonus, so I will have to e-mail KP in a couple of days.

David
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
How risky is it trying a positional flight on another airline to catch an international flight from RDU on the same day. US Airways is giving double miles for flights to/from RDU, so I was thinking about using them instead of Delta but there is the chance I might miss my flight if something happens to the US Air flight.

or should I just stick with using Delta for the whole trip?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
I just got back from a PIT-SIN-PIT run yesterday - all my 2x MQM miles have posted to my account and the "bonus" 25k miles just posted while I was typing. Fun.

Last edited by dhh1; Sep 13, 2010 at 11:23 pm
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dhh1
I just got back from a PIT-SIN-PIT run yesterday - all my 2x MQM miles have posted to my account and the "bonus" 25k miles just posted while I was typing. Fun.
Same thing happened here, finished my STL-HKG MR on the 12th, 2xMQMs, 25k RDMs both posted correctly and accurately.

Hmm...now I started to see why they only say "We would like to extend our welcoming to our Diamonds, PLTs, Golds..." One trip and I'm almost gold...^
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by TAWS
How risky is it trying a positional flight on another airline to catch an international flight from RDU on the same day...
Risky.

...US Airways is giving double miles for flights to/from RDU, so I was thinking about using them instead of Delta...
Are you aware what bonuses may accrue on the positioning flights should you FLY DELTA JETS?

...or should I just stick with using Delta for the whole trip?
Without knowing your positioning flights details, and not knowing if US miles are important to you, and for your general peace of mind, I say FLY DELTA JETS all the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.