Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 10, 10, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by cnc2002 View Post
Finding one's way through very long threads is one of the frustrating aspects of FT. Is there any way to limit a search inquiry to a single thread?
Do you see the page numbers at the top? There is a 'Search this Thread' link in the blue bar right below that. Click there and type in the box to search within the thread.

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA View Post
Did everyone get their miles posted for this? Any problems to look out for?
Two that immediately come to mind:

Some people reported the 50% Class of Service bonus wasn't always reflected in the DMQM when that posted.

Others said when they flew on two different itineraries (i.e. a positioning flight to the bonus city and the start of the RT from the bonus city) sometimes the Bonus did not post properly if there was less than 4 hours (or 6, perhaps?) between to thwo flights because DL saw it as one continuous journey through the bonus city and not a stop and start.

For both the above issues, it was reported (multiple times) that a quick e-mail to Kevin Pinto resolved the issue promptly.

HTH.
Old Sep 11, 10, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's what happened to me:

On my outbound, my first flight STL-MSP was delayed enough that they couldn't keep my original routing, STL-MSP-ORD-CVG-LAX-SYD, and so I flew STL-MSP-LAX-SYD. The miles posted in accordance to what I actually flew and I got the 12,500 miles international bonus plus the double EQMs together as a one-line entry. OK, I figure I'll just ask for original routing credit, but at least it posted correctly.

I completed my trip on Monday, but when the miles for the inbound posted, the last two flights, ORD-MSP-STL, didn't appear, so I didn't get the promotion bonus for the inbound.

They still hadn't appeared by Friday, so I did a Request Mileage Credit online, and when I checked an hour ago, the original outbound routing was there, plus the substitute MSP-LAX flight, for some reason. But the bonus for the outbound was now only 5,000 miles and 1000 EQM (?), listed as "Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean (posted on 31Aug2010)".

The inbound now had one of the missing flights, MSP-STL, listed, but not the preceding ORD-MSP, and the bonus for the inbound was only 2,500 miles and 500 EQM, listed as "Air Activity 5K miles for Delta Hubs (posted on 06Sep2010)". Apparently the missing ORD-MSP made the computer only count the MSP-STL segment for the inbound bonus.

So Request Mileage Credit actually cost me miles and EQMs, since I was over 50K EQMs before and now I'm back under 50K. I'm hoping they're just in the middle of fixing it and that I don't have to call or email somebody to get my promotion credits.

To be fair, it was a complicated itinerary.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Sep 11, 10 at 2:28 am
Old Sep 11, 10, 7:29 am
Suspended

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way....but, for the life of me, I don't get why anyone would contact a party other than Kevin Pinto when there are mileage post problems. Each and every report indicate that Kevin or one of his colleagues corrects problems very quickly. Results from people that use "regular" channels are...well...mixed, to be generous.
Old Sep 11, 10, 7:33 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Good to know. I wrote down my mileage total before I left yesterday so I don't forget what I started with when I get back tomorrow and mileage starts to post or disappear.
Old Sep 11, 10, 9:38 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
MQM COS Bonus

I searched unsuccessfully for quite a while for an answer to this, I promise. Also, there's probably a better place to post this but I figure people reading this thread will be on top of this issue.

I'm booking an itinerary from PIT to FRA in Fare Class "I" and via ATL in each direction. On the "Trip Summary" page, I see "Miles Earned = 15,422" and "MQM earned = 10,282". In other words, the 50% COS bonus is reflected in the Miles earned column but not the MQM earned category. Clicking on the "details" link also shows the same mileage and MQM amounts. The 50% mileage bonus is reflected in a separate column but there is no indication of a similar bonus for MQM.

I had been confident that a trip booked in "I" class qualified for the 50% MQM bonus and in fact that is clearly indicated in the SkyMiles rules on delta.com. However, the fact that it is not reflected on the one page where DL summarizes miles and MQM earned for a trip gives me a bit of concern as I will do this itinerary only if it nets me 30,846 MQM (10,282 * 1.5 (COS) * 2 (DMQM)).

Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 11, 10, 9:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
Here's what happened to me:

On my outbound, my first flight STL-MSP was delayed enough that they couldn't keep my original routing, STL-MSP-ORD-CVG-LAX-SYD, and so I flew STL-MSP-LAX-SYD. The miles posted in accordance to what I actually flew and I got the 12,500 miles international bonus plus the double EQMs together as a one-line entry. OK, I figure I'll just ask for original routing credit, but at least it posted correctly.

I completed my trip on Monday, but when the miles for the inbound posted, the last two flights, ORD-MSP-STL, didn't appear, so I didn't get the promotion bonus for the inbound.

They still hadn't appeared by Friday, so I did a Request Mileage Credit online, and when I checked an hour ago, the original outbound routing was there, plus the substitute MSP-LAX flight, for some reason. But the bonus for the outbound was now only 5,000 miles and 1000 EQM (?), listed as "Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean (posted on 31Aug2010)".

The inbound now had one of the missing flights, MSP-STL, listed, but not the preceding ORD-MSP, and the bonus for the inbound was only 2,500 miles and 500 EQM, listed as "Air Activity 5K miles for Delta Hubs (posted on 06Sep2010)". Apparently the missing ORD-MSP made the computer only count the MSP-STL segment for the inbound bonus.

So Request Mileage Credit actually cost me miles and EQMs, since I was over 50K EQMs before and now I'm back under 50K. I'm hoping they're just in the middle of fixing it and that I don't have to call or email somebody to get my promotion credits.

To be fair, it was a complicated itinerary.
send Kevin an email. He will fix it.
Old Sep 11, 10, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ctbjr1309 View Post
I searched unsuccessfully for quite a while for an answer to this, I promise. Also, there's probably a better place to post this but I figure people reading this thread will be on top of this issue.

I'm booking an itinerary from PIT to FRA in Fare Class "I" and via ATL in each direction. On the "Trip Summary" page, I see "Miles Earned = 15,422" and "MQM earned = 10,282". In other words, the 50% COS bonus is reflected in the Miles earned column but not the MQM earned category. Clicking on the "details" link also shows the same mileage and MQM amounts. The 50% mileage bonus is reflected in a separate column but there is no indication of a similar bonus for MQM.

I had been confident that a trip booked in "I" class qualified for the 50% MQM bonus and in fact that is clearly indicated in the SkyMiles rules on delta.com. However, the fact that it is not reflected on the one page where DL summarizes miles and MQM earned for a trip gives me a bit of concern as I will do this itinerary only if it nets me 30,846 MQM (10,282 * 1.5 (COS) * 2 (DMQM)).

Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That's a known bug. You really can't trust that table with regards to miles actually earned. You should be all set to get the 30k MQM.
Old Sep 11, 10, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
That's a known bug. You really can't trust that table with regards to miles actually earned. You should be all set to get the 30k MQM.
Thanks for the quick and definitive reply. Much appreciated.
Old Sep 11, 10, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend View Post
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way....but, for the life of me, I don't get why anyone would contact a party other than Kevin Pinto when there are mileage post problems. Each and every report indicate that Kevin or one of his colleagues corrects problems very quickly. Results from people that use "regular" channels are...well...mixed, to be generous.
As a matter of principle, I request problems be fixed through "regular" channels first and provide that information to Kevin if not resolved. Most of the time, the normal channels fix the problem appropriately and Kevin's a valuable resource for all.
Old Sep 11, 10, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by icurhere2 View Post
As a matter of principle, I request problems be fixed through "regular" channels first and provide that information to Kevin if not resolved. Most of the time, the normal channels fix the problem appropriately and Kevin's a valuable resource for all.
Fair point. I just think that with "complicated" issues like this one, the regular channels are not very helpful (to put it kindly). But, I understand your rationale.
Old Sep 11, 10, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL PM; CO Plat
DL promotions stackable

Dont know if anyone has successfully answered this yet, but with the myriad of promotions DL is offering.. does anyone know if they are stacking?

I booked a PIT-DTW-HKG-PDX-SFO-DTW-PIT ticket yest intending the following:

1. ex-PIT deal DMQM +25k bonus RDM
2. ex-DTW-HKG double mile bonus for new route (in my case one way)
3. deal with Horizon/Alaska where one flight segment in itinerary earns double miles on complete itinerary. (PDX-SFO on Alaskan)
4. 100% PM RDM bonus

My question is, since 1 segment is Alaskan and not on DL metal, will only that portion not count for the DMQM deal?

And of course.. are these actually stackable? Dont see anything anywhere that says not combinable with other offers?
Old Sep 11, 10, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I don't know the answer, but what a trip. How much did that ticket cost and when?
Old Sep 11, 10, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; CO Plat
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA View Post
I don't know the answer, but what a trip. How much did that ticket cost and when?
its for 9/17-9/26. Pid $1150 for it in the hopes of getting all the promos.
My main concern is that I dont want the DMQM to cancel out on the complete Itin. Thats the main promo to be in for.
Old Sep 12, 10, 8:02 am

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
I'm in the middle of a BNA-MFR round trip. The BNA-CVG leg posted by itself with the 5000 mile bonus and double MQMs for the segment. 24 hours later the other segments posted, and the 5000 bonus and double MQMs have disappeared.

One of the legs that just posted is Horizon. As I understand it, I won't get double MQMs for that leg, but it shouldn't knock out the whole promotion.

Is this typical, or will I end up having to ask for help?

Thank you,
David

Last edited by DiverDave; Sep 12, 10 at 8:08 am
Old Sep 12, 10, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
I'm in the middle of a BNA-MFR round trip. The BNA-CVG leg posted by itself with the 5000 mile bonus and double MQMs for the segment. 24 hours later the other segments posted, and the 5000 bonus and double MQMs have disappeared.

One of the legs that just posted is Horizon. As I understand it, I won't get double MQMs for that leg, but it shouldn't knock out the whole promotion.

Is this typical, or will I end up having to ask for help?

Thank you,
David
DiverDave, I think you'd be best waiting until a couple days after you're done with the trip. If it hasn't all been accounted for correctly by then, I think you should contact Delta/His Gloriousness Kevin Pinto the Amazing. It seems like anything unusual (such as a codeshare flight not on DL) can confuse the IT system that processes these things.

Happy travels!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: