Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 9, 10, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Same-day turns are still a round-trip. Sometimes these require prompting / follow-up, as manual intervention can be required to print the boarding passes for "the return" if "the outbound" hasn't fallen off your DL ticket record yet (outbound credits fine, return doesn't credit until requested). I had an "urgent lunch" in CMH a couple weeks ago.
Old Sep 10, 10, 6:03 am

Will any of this qualify for double MQM?

I've read through half of this enormously long thread and also done searches but haven't been able to figure out the following. I apologize if it's here somewhere.

I am flying BDL-DTW-BNA working in BNA and overnight in BNA
then BNA-DTW-SEA
several days later SEA-DTW-BNA-CVG-BDL

Will the BNA-DTW-SEA-DTW-BNA segments receive double MQM (I know the BDL-BNA roundtrip will not)? Or do I have to rebook and have the two RTs on separate PNRs?

More generally, It would be very useful if someone would summarize the correct information for the many queries FTers have posted--I can find the question but not the answer. Finding one's way through very long threads is one of the frustrating aspects of FT. Is there any way to limit a search inquiry to a single thread?
Old Sep 10, 10, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by cnc2002 View Post
I've read through half of this enormously long thread and also done searches but haven't been able to figure out the following. I apologize if it's here somewhere.

I am flying BDL-DTW-BNA working in BNA and overnight in BNA
then BNA-DTW-SEA
several days later SEA-DTW-BNA-CVG-BDL

Will the BNA-DTW-SEA-DTW-BNA segments receive double MQM (I know the BDL-BNA roundtrip will not)? Or do I have to rebook and have the two RTs on separate PNRs?

More generally, It would be very useful if someone would summarize the correct information for the many queries FTers have posted--I can find the question but not the answer. Finding one's way through very long threads is one of the frustrating aspects of FT. Is there any way to limit a search inquiry to a single thread?
I'm curious, cnc2002, why did you go SEA-DTW-BNA-CVG-BDL for the return? Was it cheaper that way? As for the promo, I think two separate PNRs is best.

And, you might want to take a look at this: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010 Anyone can edit this, and especially those of you who contact Kevin Pinto with questions, please edit this page to reflect what information you get from him.
Old Sep 10, 10, 6:43 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I did an SFO-ATL-RDU-ATL-SFO last week and got this:

(all MQM)
Air Activity Delta from Raleigh/Durham, NC to Atlanta, GA 500
Air Activity Delta from Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA 2139
Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean 2639
Air Activity Delta from San Francisco, CA to Atlanta, GA 2139
Air Activity Delta from Atlanta, GA to Raleigh/Durham, NC 500
Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean 2639

This is how it posted in my account. Not sure how this RDU spoke bonus is working it if your origin city is not one of the spoke cities but am happy to get an extra 5100MQM miles!

Unless these are points for some other promo I signed with...
Old Sep 10, 10, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by kirk3280 View Post
I have booked several flights out of BNA, and looking to do another since I will be there anyhow. Found one to Hartford for $189, but the return is 1 hour after the arrival. Going just for the ride and the miles. I cannot find any "overnight stay required" etc. rules. Any opinions? Do not want to book if I do not get double MQMs.
Did a same-day turn to SFO in August without issue for the promo. (Now checking in at SFO was a different story, but I think it was just my PNR that had the computer confused.)
Old Sep 10, 10, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
I'm curious, cnc2002, why did you go SEA-DTW-BNA-CVG-BDL for the return? Was it cheaper that way? As for the promo, I think two separate PNRs is best.

And, you might want to take a look at this: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010 Anyone can edit this, and especially those of you who contact Kevin Pinto with questions, please edit this page to reflect what information you get from him.

I was under the impression that the BNA-DTW-SEA-DTW-BNA would count for double MQM plus 10K. Otherwise, I would not have routed myself back through BNA. I also booked this all in one record because I didn't want to have to pay two change fees if, unexpectedly, I had to change the date or flights.

"smokingbunny" who posted above about getting the extra MQMs and bonus when the trip began at SFO and went through RDU (SFO-ATL-RDU-ATL-SFO), but that should't have earned anything according to the rule of the promotion, so it's not reallyl germaine to my question. Hopefully, someone who has done something like my routing will respond to this question. I know I can contact DL but that can take awhile. Along those lines, does anyone have an email address that gets an email question to someone likely to provide a meaningful answer. So many of the repsonses from DL customter service are boilerplate and often don't answer the question asked.
Old Sep 10, 10, 9:54 am

MUST start trip from spoke city?

Forgive this extreme newbie question, but...

I live in DTW. If I wanted to take advantage of this offer, could I fly, say, DTW-BNA-LAS-BNA-DTW? Would I earn the bonus for the BNA-LAS-BNA segment?

In other words, when they say "Fly Out of...." They mean, take a flight from that airport, right? They don't mean, "Your trip HAS to start at that airport."

At least I hope that's the case.
Old Sep 10, 10, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brianmcc View Post
Forgive this extreme newbie question, but...

I live in DTW. If I wanted to take advantage of this offer, could I fly, say, DTW-BNA-LAS-BNA-DTW? Would I earn the bonus for the BNA-LAS-BNA segment?

In other words, when they say "Fly Out of...." They mean, take a flight from that airport, right? They don't mean, "Your trip HAS to start at that airport."

At least I hope that's the case.
I think they mean "your trip has to start at that airport".

However, some reports indicate that what the computers assign bonus miles to and what the intentions were are not necessarily the same thing. Problem with that is that I believe DL is ACTIVELY trying to fix computer errors, and have no problem with taking your miles away after they've already posted for flights that shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
I think they mean "your trip has to start at that airport".

However, some reports indicate that what the computers assign bonus miles to and what the intentions were are not necessarily the same thing. Problem with that is that I believe DL is ACTIVELY trying to fix computer errors, and have no problem with taking your miles away after they've already posted for flights that shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.
Hmm. So what is my recourse? Short of driving to BNA. If I, say, booked a flight to BNA and then booked a SEPARATE round trip starting from BNA would that be allowed? Or would their computers catch that?
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hmm. So what is my recourse? Short of driving to BNA. If I, say, booked a flight to BNA and then booked a SEPARATE round trip starting from BNA would that be allowed? Or would their computers catch that?
Yes, that would be allowed. BNA, PIT, STL and RDU are all part of this promotion. So, any trip that STARTS and ENDS in those cities should be fine. There have been some problems reported with people that do things like:
DTW-MSP-BNA/short break but separate tickets/BNA-MSP-XXX-MSP-BNA//BNA-MSP-DTW

I think that was due to the connections taking the person through MSP twice in close succession.
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:38 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by icurhere2 View Post
Same-day turns are still a round-trip. Sometimes these require prompting / follow-up, as manual intervention can be required to print the boarding passes for "the return" if "the outbound" hasn't fallen off your DL ticket record yet (outbound credits fine, return doesn't credit until requested). I had an "urgent lunch" in CMH a couple weeks ago.
^ Quick turnarounds are fine for double miles. DW just did BNA/ATL/HNL/ATL/BNA and received the appropriate double miles. She went out on DL2523 and came right back on DL2524 (same aircraft). She did have to request credit for DL2524 since for some reason it didn't post for several days and also had to check in for the return flights at the gate in HNL.
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
Yes, that would be allowed. BNA, PIT, STL and RDU are all part of this promotion. So, any trip that STARTS and ENDS in those cities should be fine. There have been some problems reported with people that do things like:
DTW-MSP-BNA/short break but separate tickets/BNA-MSP-XXX-MSP-BNA//BNA-MSP-DTW

I think that was due to the connections taking the person through MSP twice in close succession.
So I could book a round trip DTW-BNA that was several days apart. And inside that several days, if I booked a round trip leaving FROM BNA, I would get the bonus for that round trip from BNA?
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
So I could book a round trip DTW-BNA that was several days apart. And inside that several days, if I booked a round trip leaving FROM BNA, I would get the bonus for that round trip from BNA?
correct. i booked a trip for december phl-dtw-pit then on a separate PNR Pit-atl-hnl-atl-pit then back pit-dtw-phl on the first pnr....should post just fine
Old Sep 10, 10, 10:52 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I am flying in to STL tonight, then leave STL at 6am tomorrow, with 6 segs getting back tomorrow night to STL. Then flying STL-MKe Sunday. so wht you proposed should work, ask me Monday when the miles post
Old Sep 10, 10, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Did everyone get their miles posted for this? Any problems to look out for?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: