Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Sep 7, 10, 8:28 am

Flew ATL - RDU on one PNR.
Flew RDU - SIN on another PNR vis MSP/NRT. (3 Passengers) on Sept. 4.

1.5 Hour stop in RDU.

As of yesterday, everything posted on the RDU-SIN legs. The bonus MQMs and Miles posted. Everything looked good, except missing the ATL - RDU segment.

Well, that missing segment posted today... and the bonus MQMs and 12,500 bonus miles disappeared.

Thought for a minute that they fixed it... but alas, was wrong. Looks like I will have some work to do to get my bonus miles for 3 passengers.
Old Sep 7, 10, 9:00 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by ptcflyer View Post
Flew ATL - RDU on one PNR.
Flew RDU - SIN on another PNR vis MSP/NRT. (3 Passengers) on Sept. 4.

1.5 Hour stop in RDU.

As of yesterday, everything posted on the RDU-SIN legs. The bonus MQMs and Miles posted. Everything looked good, except missing the ATL - RDU segment.

Well, that missing segment posted today... and the bonus MQMs and 12,500 bonus miles disappeared.

Thought for a minute that they fixed it... but alas, was wrong. Looks like I will have some work to do to get my bonus miles for 3 passengers.
Please post what happens on this, I have a situation similar this weekend on two PNR's.
Old Sep 7, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
MR Itinerary

Have really enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread and have decided to be adventurous and do a MR for the 1st time ever. Looking at the following:BNA-ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL-BNA priced out $1552.70 and will stay over in SYD for 24 hours (can't go all that way and not spend a little time in the city).
With the MQM promo I'm thinking it will be 44,888 but not sure about the calculations so if anyone can help me with this I'd sure appreciate it. Looking at the end of October so should be pretty nice weather. Also any suggestions as to a good 1 night hotel option would be great. I've stayed at the Observatory before but it's pretty pricey for just a 24 hour layover.
Thanks for the help and inspiration to try something this crazy!
Old Sep 7, 10, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by khaden View Post
Have really enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread and have decided to be adventurous and do a MR for the 1st time ever. Looking at the following:BNA-ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL-BNA priced out $1552.70 and will stay over in SYD for 24 hours (can't go all that way and not spend a little time in the city).
With the MQM promo I'm thinking it will be 44,888 but not sure about the calculations so if anyone can help me with this I'd sure appreciate it. Looking at the end of October so should be pretty nice weather. Also any suggestions as to a good 1 night hotel option would be great. I've stayed at the Observatory before but it's pretty pricey for just a 24 hour layover.
Thanks for the help and inspiration to try something this crazy!
Great Circle Mapper has BNA-ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL-BNA at 21,874 so a total of 43,748 MQM under the promo
Old Sep 7, 10, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Great Circle Mapper has BNA-ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL-BNA at 21,874 so a total of 43,748 MQM under the promo
Strange... Milecalc.com (which AFAIK uses great circle, and is generally +/- a few miles from DL's calculations) shows 22446 for the roundtrip, so 44892 with promo miles.
Old Sep 7, 10, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
Strange... Milecalc.com (which AFAIK uses great circle, and is generally +/- a few miles from DL's calculations) shows 22446 for the roundtrip, so 44892 with promo miles.
ma91pmh, methinks you forgot to use the 500-mile minimum feature. With that set, gcmap comes up with 22,446 as well.
Old Sep 7, 10, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Hi all, I'm hoping to do a RDU-SIN run next month, and I found a pretty nice multi-segment itinerary. The routing is RDU-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-PDX-SEA-MSP-RDU. It prices out at $1223.40 and it'll be 21,396 MQMs. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer:
1. The PDX-SEA leg is on Horizon. Will I be eligible for the DL/AS double mile promo on top of the double MQM promo, and if so, will it be for the entire trip?

2. To get all of the above segments, I used the multi-city option on dl.com. That won't be an issue with the double MQM promo right? As long as the itinerary begins and ends in RDU, I'm good to go?

Thanks much!
Old Sep 7, 10, 4:42 pm

Well I'm excited, I have 8 segements this weekend, with 6 on Saturday, and upgraded on all 8 of them. Now just need to plan for well serviced plans and good weather.
Old Sep 7, 10, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ericsea View Post
1. The PDX-SEA leg is on Horizon. Will I be eligible for the DL/AS double mile promo on top of the double MQM promo, and if so, will it be for the entire trip?

2. To get all of the above segments, I used the multi-city option on dl.com. That won't be an issue with the double MQM promo right? As long as the itinerary begins and ends in RDU, I'm good to go?
1. You won't get the 2X miles for the Horizon seg anyway so I hope you do get it with the other promo. The 2X promo requires DL metal or Connection Carriers.

2. AFAIK, multi-city doesn't matter as long as you begin/end in one of the 2X cities.
Old Sep 7, 10, 5:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Gold, United Premier
I just found out about this and registered today however I have 2 flights which I scheduled before today...do you think there is anyway I can apply this offer to my scheduled flights?

many thanks!
Old Sep 7, 10, 5:32 pm

I think as long as they were not yet flown, you should be fine. But in doubt, call them to make sure
Old Sep 7, 10, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ericsea View Post
Hi all, I'm hoping to do a RDU-SIN run next month, and I found a pretty nice multi-segment itinerary. The routing is RDU-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-PDX-SEA-MSP-RDU. It prices out at $1223.40 and it'll be 21,396 MQMs. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer:

Thanks much!
Originally Posted by Sez_Who View Post
1. You won't get the 2X miles for the Horizon seg anyway so I hope you do get it with the other promo. The 2X promo requires DL metal or Connection Carriers.

2. AFAIK, multi-city doesn't matter as long as you begin/end in one of the 2X cities.
Yeah I know I wouldn't get double MQMs on the PDX-SEA leg operated by Horizon. What I'm trying to figure out is would I qualify for the DL/AS double miles promo in addition to the double MQM promo since I would be flying both Delta and Alaska/Horizon on this trip.
Old Sep 8, 10, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by NYC101 View Post
I just booked the following itinerary today:
Oct 15 - PIT-CVG-ORD
Oct 17 - ORD-LGA
Nov 10 - JFK-SLC
Nov 11 - SLC-DTW-HKG
Nov 15 - HKG-NRT-ATL-PIT

Does anyone know if I'll get DEQM for the entire PNR? Not sure since I have 3 stop overs...
Just got confirmation from Kevin that I should receive the bonus miles and MQMs for the entire journey. Looking forward to it...
Old Sep 9, 10, 6:23 pm

same day return a problem?

I have booked several flights out of BNA, and looking to do another since I will be there anyhow. Found one to Hartford for $189, but the return is 1 hour after the arrival. Going just for the ride and the miles. I cannot find any "overnight stay required" etc. rules. Any opinions? Do not want to book if I do not get double MQMs.
Old Sep 9, 10, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by kirk3280 View Post
I have booked several flights out of BNA, and looking to do another since I will be there anyhow. Found one to Hartford for $189, but the return is 1 hour after the arrival. Going just for the ride and the miles. I cannot find any "overnight stay required" etc. rules. Any opinions? Do not want to book if I do not get double MQMs.
I see no reason you wouldn't get the DMQM... assuming you are starting your trip from a bonus city and flying Delta or a Delta Connection carrier.

That being said, I'm not in charge of giving out the points so if you still have any doubts, drop an e-mail to KP and he'll give you a definite answer. If you go that route, come back here and post the results.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: