Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:25 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ianturner
its 160 a/i for DL and 148 for WN...i'd rather get the miles on DL for 12 bucks more

its 59 and 69 on WN + taxes

I don't blame you at that low of a price difference. I, of course, don't know how soon you have to go, but WN frequently has specials that US matches and DING fares from PIT/PHL.

Also . . . my 1500th post! Yay!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
I know the rules say something about buying a round trip ticket. Has anyone gotten credit with a one-way ticket?
IIRC, quite a few were reporting credit for only o/w. I had a weird case where my miles + bonus posted after the outbound 2X but they were taken away from my account before I completed the r/t. Email off to Kevin, it was fixed in minutes.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I don't blame you at that low of a price difference. I, of course, don't know how soon you have to go, but WN frequently has specials that US matches and DING fares from PIT/PHL.

Also . . . my 1500th post! Yay!
not until december, but i don't want to get stuck waiting and then have such a high fare
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:57 pm

I figured someone would say that! I'm not sure if 2000 MQM's are worth $60, but I guess the 10K bonus sweetens the pot a little.
davetravels, why would he/she get 10k RDM for the positioning flight to PIT? Have you seen/heard of people getting credit (and keeping it!) for the inbound flights. I've read a couple times of people getting credit for flights to the promo cities, and then getting it removed a couple days later.

P. S. Congrats on 1500!

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Sep 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm Reason: P.S.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Even though I'm requalified for Silver and won't need the EQMs, the RDMs for my RDU-ATL-RDU trip next week will be nice
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
davetravels, why would he/she get 10k RDM for the positioning flight to PIT? Have you seen/heard of people getting credit (and keeping it!) for the inbound flights. I've read a couple times of people getting credit for flights to the promo cities, and then getting it removed a couple days later.

P. S. Congrats on 1500!

I was trying to keep up with this thread and I thought I read that people were getting it in both directions! Maybe I missed something!

And thanx!!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
I am planning a trip to Asia this fall and would like to maximize miles by flying from RDU or BNA. I will book a r/t RDU-MSP-Asia but I don't want to interfere in my miles with my positioning flight.

What is the best method? Can I just book a r/t from ATL to RDU for positioning? Should I do two one way flights to and from RDU, fly another airline, leave my FF# off the positioning flight, etc?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
I am confused and would apprecite help

Greetings:

I have read a great deal of this thread, I think I understand what I have to do....but.....am not sure I have it all tucked away.

I want to nail all the miles and MQM's I can using the double miles promotion.

I am taking my teeage grandson along, I hope to start him off early with the "wonderful world"of FFand also enjoy what may be our last outing like this.

I don't want to mess it up with a dumb mistake or over look something that would have given us a better return?

Here is what I am thinking:

FLL-RDU.....That gets me to my kick off point...(yes?)
RDU-HKG-RDU = 16760 x 2 = 33520 MQM's, same miles 33520..plus Plat ?
RDU-FLL

We plan on leaving FLL 10/12, early and return 10/17 or 10/18.

My questions are:

Should I look at other starting points.
Are thier any slight of hand ways of improving this run

Any suggestion...??? Thanks............................
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TomT
Greetings:

I have read a great deal of this thread, I think I understand what I have to do....but.....am not sure I have it all tucked away.

I want to nail all the miles and MQM's I can using the double miles promotion.

I am taking my teeage grandson along, I hope to start him off early with the "wonderful world"of FFand also enjoy what may be our last outing like this.

I don't want to mess it up with a dumb mistake or over look something that would have given us a better return?

Here is what I am thinking:

FLL-RDU.....That gets me to my kick off point...(yes?)
RDU-HKG-RDU = 16760 x 2 = 33520 MQM's, same miles 33520..plus Plat ?
RDU-FLL

We plan on leaving FLL 10/12, early and return 10/17 or 10/18.

My questions are:

Should I look at other starting points.
Are thier any slight of hand ways of improving this run

Any suggestion...??? Thanks............................
If you Route RDU-DTW-NRT-HKG you will get 34904 MQMs and 59904 RDMs
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canndlewic
I am planning a trip to Asia this fall and would like to maximize miles by flying from RDU or BNA. I will book a r/t RDU-MSP-Asia but I don't want to interfere in my miles with my positioning flight.

What is the best method? Can I just book a r/t from ATL to RDU for positioning? Should I do two one way flights to and from RDU, fly another airline, leave my FF# off the positioning flight, etc?
I hear you. Tried positioning flt as a separate PNR r/t, then tried two o/w's. The result was the same because DL's IT system sees them as connections, not separate flts. The good news, KP stepped in and fixed both of them where no one else at DL could.

As long as the airlines don't interline, perhaps another airline will get around DL's system but my question would be is it worth it? Personally I would rather pick up more DL MQM's, at least assuming the flts cost the same.

I am trying something different in a couple weeks, flying to RDU for biz, then staying overnight before heading to SBA. I am hoping the overnight will be enough to avoid the 'connection' problem, though I will have to deal with it on the return. We'll see if it works.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
I am flying next week PIT-SIN-PIT on and M fare with my certs putting me in Business for about 60k MQM. I also just got the Reserve Amex and easily exceeded the 60k in a few months and ultimately will be rolling over about 100k MQM for a very soft landing to Diamond for 2012.

Details to follow on the miles posting
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
I am trying something different in a couple weeks, flying to RDU for biz, then staying overnight before heading to SBA. I am hoping the overnight will be enough to avoid the 'connection' problem, though I will have to deal with it on the return. We'll see if it works.
I think someone on this thread said anything greater than 4 hours between the positioning flight arrival and subsequent roundtrip departure will prevent the 'connection problem' you mentioned. If that is the case, your overnight will definitely be hassle free. That being said however, more than a couple folks have already posted that a quick e-mail to KP clears up the issue too.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dhh1
I am flying next week PIT-SIN-PIT on and M fare with my certs putting me in Business for about 60k MQM. I also just got the Reserve Amex and easily exceeded the 60k in a few months and ultimately will be rolling over about 100k MQM for a very soft landing to Diamond for 2012.

Details to follow on the miles posting
Ummm... congrats?

Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
I flew to STL, overnighted then did STL-LIM. Outbound miles took a couple of days but did post correctly.

I originally had a 5 hour cushion built in between my return to STL and my departure for home because I had read there were some problems with these close connections. However, I was tired and wanted to get home so I SDCd to an earlier flight...it departed 45 minutes after my arrival in STL.

The good news: the LIM-STL miles posted without a problem.

The bad news: The miles for my flight home from STL have still not posted. I sent an email today to the person KP's "out of office" auto-reply suggested. I haven't heard back from her yet.

BTW, the positioning flight to STL provided a nice little bonus....we'll see if it holds.

CV
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Can someone PM me KP's email? It seems like everyone knows/has it but me. I assume he has responsibility for correcting miles only and shouldn't be bothered with other issues/problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.