Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Hello, guys,

I got one question, sorry really don't have time to read 65 pages.

will open jaw at destination qualify for the promotion, PIT-ATL-LAX//SNA-ATL-PIT under one PNR?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by yyliu88
Hello, guys,

will open jaw at destination qualify for the promotion, PIT-ATL-LAX//SNA-ATL-PIT under one PNR?

Thanks
Yes. May have to ask for the miles if they don't post correctly, but they do qualify.

Also, per the suggestion of a previous poster, and as a response to this question, read this: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Aug 31, 2010 at 8:08 pm Reason: Add the flyerguide link
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by yyliu88
It's only 25 pages if you change your FT settings...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yashan
It's only 25 pages if you change your FT settings...
And, the wiki is even shorter (and where one should go for basic questions/FAQ).
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Yes. May have to ask for the miles if they don't post correctly, but they do qualify
And good luck asking for those miles, as it seems virtually no DL CS phone reps are aware of this promotion. You may have to enlist the services of Kevin Pinto to get proper mileage credit.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
And good luck asking for those miles, as it seems virtually no DL CS phone reps are aware of this promotion. You may have to enlist the services of Kevin Pinto to get proper mileage credit.
That's my experience. All I get from customer support is that the miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends, with no acknowledgement that my miles are posting, just incorrectly.

I gave CS a try but they seem quite unaware and/or unable to do much.

It's a bit frustrating considering that if the promo was corrected in my account, I'd finally be DL Silver/FO. My bookings will get me to gold in a month. And with some changes and additional bookings, I may well be Platinum by end of year or a very healthy rollover.

I dropped Kevin an email but he's out until 9/7. His autoreply indicates you can contact two others but I don't want to push it so I'll wait.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
would this still work for the promo?
I am looking at booking a PIT-HNL-PIT run to see a friend in HNL....i'd like to book a second ticket from PHL-PIT-PHL to get me to PIT to start the trip to HNL..

would it still qualify for the promo if i did that, referring to the HNL trip not the trip to PIT?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by ianturner
I am looking at booking a PIT-HNL-PIT run to see a friend in HNL....i'd like to book a second ticket from PHL-PIT-PHL to get me to PIT to start the trip to HNL..

would it still qualify for the promo if i did that, referring to the HNL trip not the trip to PIT?
No reason why not, so long as you meet the other requirements (e.g. all Delta, etc). Don't route from PIT-PHL-HNL or HNL-PHL-PIT though. The computer will see it as backtracking and things will get confused. I expect to get credit for my trip but it'd be nice not to have the hassle.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
No reason why not, so long as you meet the other requirements (e.g. all Delta, etc). Don't route from PIT-PHL-HNL or HNL-PHL-PIT though. The computer will see it as backtracking and things will get confused. I expect to get credit for my trip but it'd be nice not to have the hassle.
ticket 1 would be pit-atl-hnl-atl-pit and ticket 2 would be phl-dtw-pit-dtw-phl
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ianturner

It'd probably be a LOT cheaper to book a WN or US ticket from PHL/PIT/PHL non-stop. DL's cheapest fare is something like $118 + tax = $158ish. You might find WN or US at $39 each way + tax = $98 and save a lot of time without connecting in DTW
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
It'd probably be a LOT cheaper to book a WN or US ticket from PHL/PIT/PHL non-stop. DL's cheapest fare is something like $118 + tax = $158ish. You might find WN or US at $39 each way + tax = $98 and save a lot of time without connecting in DTW
Not a bad idea as long as you don't mind giving up the 2,000 MQM's PHL-PIT r/t. As Kevin explained it to me, the problem is with DL's IT system. It sees anything after the PHL-PIT as a connection so the 2X portion gets buried inside the itinerary, even when it is a separate PNR.

Like others, I have gotten nowhere with anyone at DL CS. Much as I hated to bother Kevin with this, he is the only one who will get inside our accounts and get it fixed. Incredibly, it took only a few minutes after I emailed him.

He is on vacation this week but if you need him to adjust your account, it can be done quickly. That is why he is Da Man!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Not a bad idea as long as you don't mind giving up the 2,000 MQM's PHL-PIT r/t. As Kevin explained it to me, the problem is with DL's IT system. It sees anything after the PHL-PIT as a connection so the 2X portion gets buried inside the itinerary, even when it is a separate PNR.

I figured someone would say that! I'm not sure if 2000 MQM's are worth $60, but I guess the 10K bonus sweetens the pot a little.

I've read most of this thread, but I can't remember coming across this.
Question to whoever:

I know the rules say something about buying a round trip ticket. Has anyone gotten credit with a one-way ticket?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:28 pm

I dropped Kevin an email but he's out until 9/7. His autoreply indicates you can contact two others but I don't want to push it so I'll wait.
Dude will seriously need a vacation after this promotion is over too.

Enjoy your vacation, KP. It is hard earned. You really help out a lot of FTers and it is very much appreciated.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
That's my experience. All I get from customer support is that the miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends, with no acknowledgement that my miles are posting, just incorrectly.

I gave CS a try but they seem quite unaware and/or unable to do much.

It's a bit frustrating considering that if the promo was corrected in my account, I'd finally be DL Silver/FO. My bookings will get me to gold in a month. And with some changes and additional bookings, I may well be Platinum by end of year or a very healthy rollover.

I sent an email to Kevin for something yesterday and received the same auto-reply message, so I took a shot and forwarded the email to one of the others listed and she was just as helpful (and quick) as Kevin. About 3 hours later everything was sorted out and all the mileage due to me had posted to my account and she sent me a very nice and apologetic email. So you should give it a try, I sent the email to the first name of the two listed in the auto-reply.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
its 160 a/i for DL and 148 for WN...i'd rather get the miles on DL for 12 bucks more

its 59 and 69 on WN + taxes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.