Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Aug 29, 10, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by nypdLieu View Post
Thanks, thats what I thought, however, You have to stay a Saturday night for the promo to be valid and post to your account?
I don't think the promo requires anything like that. I'm pretty sure there are folks doing some same day turns.

My point was that I didn't have a "nesting" issue...I think that's the right term. Sorry to muddy up the water for ya.

CV
Old Aug 29, 10, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
There is no Saturday night stay requirement for this promo. Some fares might have a Sat-night stay requirement (I believe the STL-LIM required a two-night stay), but for the miles/MQMs, it just needs to be on Delta metal, no stay requirements.
Thanks mersk, thats what I thought. I just re-read the T&C's and your right.

So, for my MR in Oct, how does this look, it should be eligible for the promo?

itin #1 lga to rdu RT Oct 23 to Oct 27 (not eligible)

2nd itin is as follows: rdu to jnb Oct 23 to Oct 26 (eligible)

All flights on Delta metal.

Also, I have seen several times a LIM promo. is this part of the offer this thread is based on, or a seperate promo? Thx! I ask cause I love promos and I just might have to take myself a MR to Lima!!
Old Aug 29, 10, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Thanks mersk, thats what I thought. I just re-read the T&C's and your right.

So, for my MR in Oct, how does this look, it should be eligible for the promo?

itin #1 lga to rdu RT Oct 23 to Oct 27 (not eligible)

2nd itin is as follows: rdu to jnb Oct 23 to Oct 26 (eligible)

All flights on Delta metal.

Also, I have seen several times a LIM promo. is this part of the offer this thread is based on, or a seperate promo? Thx! I ask cause I love promos and I just might have to take myself a MR to Lima!!
You'll be good to go on the RDU-JNB fare. I'm assuming you're in discounted coach, so you're looking at 35765 MQMs and 65,226 RDMs (with 125% DM bonus) for the DMQM portion.

The STL-LIM thing was just a good deal - it was around $400 for STL-ATL-LIM-ATL-STL, which came out to be 14708 MQMs (2.72 cents/EQM) and 41546 RDMs for DMs (.96 cents/RDM).
Old Aug 29, 10, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
You'll be good to go on the RDU-JNB fare. I'm assuming you're in discounted coach, so you're looking at 35765 MQMs and 65,226 RDMs (with 125% DM bonus) for the DMQM portion.

The STL-LIM thing was just a good deal - it was around $400 for STL-ATL-LIM-ATL-STL, which came out to be 14708 MQMs (2.72 cents/EQM) and 41546 RDMs for DMs (.96 cents/RDM).
All flights are T class

However, for $25 more dollars, instead of going straight from RDU to ATL for my flight to JNB, I'll have JUST enough time to go from RDU to MSP and then to ATL before the flight to JNB, hmmmm, I have until midnight to cancel and rebook, what would you do? It would give me a total of around 2000 more mqms, skymiles, not sure but around 3000 or so.

Where are you based? $400 is cheap for a LIM flight from STL, did you have to take a flight to get to STL? $614 is the best i can find now, and thats from JFK.
Old Aug 29, 10, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
All flights are T class

However, for $25 more dollars, instead of going straight from RDU to ATL for my flight to JNB, I'll have JUST enough time to go from RDU to MSP and then to ATL before the flight to JNB, hmmmm, I have until midnight to cancel and rebook, what would you do? It would give me a total of around 2000 more mqms, skymiles, not sure but around 3000 or so.

Where are you based? $400 is cheap for a LIM flight from STL, did you have to take a flight to get to STL? $614 is the best i can find now, and thats from JFK.
Hmmm...for $25 I'd probably grab the extra miles. More is more after all.

I didn't book a STL-LIM run (I'm sticking with domestic-only runs so I can sit up front on upgrades), but it would require getting down there - I looked at it and considered it, but the two days would have been tight at the time (my calendar has since freed up significantly due to some major changes, but I did not know before the fare died). MSP-STL can be had for $110 or so due to Southwest, so even at $510 it's not a bad deal.
Old Aug 29, 10, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL GM / MM, Nat'l EE, Radisson Rewards, Marriott Silver
okay... so this may have been covered in the last 60 pages but didn't catch anything in my search....

flying stl-dtw-ams-fra, returning txl-ams-msp-stl next month. the ams-fra and txl-ams legs are both on KL which i know don't earn the bonus, however want to make sure that the rest of the legs will post with the bonus..

anyone have experiences doing something like this?
Old Aug 29, 10, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by nebraskaboy View Post
okay... so this may have been covered in the last 60 pages but didn't catch anything in my search....

flying stl-dtw-ams-fra, returning txl-ams-msp-stl next month. the ams-fra and txl-ams legs are both on KL which i know don't earn the bonus, however want to make sure that the rest of the legs will post with the bonus..

anyone have experiences doing something like this?
Somewhere in here (yes, I have read all 60+ pages) it was confirmed that you would receive the bonus RDM for an international dest plus DMQM on the DL metal flights.

Happy travels!
Old Aug 30, 10, 12:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CalVol View Post
The positioning flight brought a bit of serendipity into my account as well
Wow. Very nice word choice, serendipity.

I think it's been reported that if your positioning flight on DL is too close in time to the "bonus" flight (within 4 hours?), there might be problems...but, that a kind email to Kevin Pinto will correct the issue.
Old Aug 30, 10, 12:28 am
Suspended

Actually, I am doing two LIM runs. For the first run, I am doing STL-MSP-ATL-LIM-ATL-MSP-STL. The fare was roughly the same...a few dollars more in taxes.

And, the requirement wasn't Saturday night stay. It was the return had to be two days after the outbound. Since the return flight from LIM is at 12:20AM'ish, this wasn't hard. I am overnighting in the States on both trips and doing an immediate turn around.
Old Aug 30, 10, 2:25 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend View Post

I think it's been reported that if your positioning flight on DL is too close in time to the "bonus" flight (within 4 hours?), there might be problems...but, that a kind email to Kevin Pinto will correct the issue.
That may be the case for me.

I did:
MSY-ATL-PIT
PIT-ATL-LAS(stop)-LAX-IND-CVG-PIT
PIT-DTW-MKE-MSP

A hub bonus of 2.5K and 526mqm showed up almost immediately for ATL-PIT. The PIT-ATL-LAS segments didn't post and I saw no other bonus.

Upon investigation, the system didn't like the close proximity of the separate PNR's containing ATL-PIT-ATL. A call quickly got the missing segments posted though. At the same time, a 2500 rdm and 526 mqm bonus posted for travel to a hub city. No other bonuses have posted.

A 2nd call resulted in one very confused and kind of annoyed rep who had a difficult time understanding that what should have posted was the pit-las-pit trip for quite a few more mqm and 10k non-hub rdm bonus.

Trying to be patient and see if her request to the skymiles team to investigate gets this resolved. Hope so!
Old Aug 30, 10, 3:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by msp2msy View Post
A 2nd call resulted in one very confused and kind of annoyed rep who had a difficult time understanding that what should have posted
That is why I would just email Kevin.
Old Aug 30, 10, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
question regarding positioning flight.

I am flying PIT-ATH-JFK-PIT on Delta to secure double MQMs but need a positioning flight since I live near DTW.

Question: If I fly DL from DTW-PIT, will this invalidate my double MQMs? If so, is there a work-around?

I could fly another carrier, but am hoping to beef up my miles on DL. If this question has been asked previously, my apologies.
Old Aug 30, 10, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by mcfar View Post
I am flying PIT-ATH-JFK-PIT on Delta to secure double MQMs but need a positioning flight since I live near DTW.

Question: If I fly DL from DTW-PIT, will this invalidate my double MQMs? If so, is there a work-around?

I could fly another carrier, but am hoping to beef up my miles on DL. If this question has been asked previously, my apologies.
As long as the positioning flight is on a separate PNR, you will be fine. You may have to email Kevin Pinto to fix things if the positioning flight is followed closely by the ex-PIT flight, but you'll get the double if they're on separate PNRs.
Old Aug 30, 10, 8:15 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend View Post

Glad you liked it.

I landed in STL at 1:05 to complete the LIM trip. I then went to the gate agent and SDC'd from the 6 PM flight to the 1:45 flight which led to two more serendipidous realizations...I was originally booked in G and the agent rebooked me in F. In addition to that, I wasn't charged the $50 fee.

However, that left me with 40 minutes between PNRs.

As of right now those last two segments haven't posted. I'm going to give it another day and if the flight doesn't post I'll email KP again. He was very helpful on the outbound segments.

CV
Old Aug 31, 10, 12:31 am
Suspended

Not sure if it helps anyone, but this weekend's Web Saver fare on Continental is EWR to PIT for $119 r/t plus taxes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: