Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Flew BNA-ATL-SAN yesterday, and today when I woke up the flights had posted along with:

Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean (posted on 23Aug2010) 5000 0 5000 2391
What does the 2,391 stand for? Is that ATL-SAN?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
What does the 2,391 stand for? Is that ATL-SAN?
That should be the DMQM received. gcmap.com shows BNA-ATL-SAN to be 2392.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I found PIT-DTW-LAX-SYD with DTW-LAX on a 777LR priced out as well as well as any other option, it didnt work for my schedule, but that would be a relatively nice way to do a PIT-SYD run in business class.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
That should be the DMQM received. gcmap.com shows BNA-ATL-SAN to be 2392.
Yup, those are the extra MQMs. There are lines for each of the flights with the MCMs and then the bonus line. DL gives 500 for BNA-ATL and 1891 for ATL-SAN. Unfortunately, return routing is SAN-SLC-BNA, so I won't get quite as many MQMs. However, the same-day turn to SFO that I've got a few hours after I land at BNA (0010 arrival, 0530 departure) will net plenty of MQMs
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: AA
possible routing

I need to book a trip to FLL and was thinking of a connection on the west coast. Do you think Pit-atl-sea-dtw-fll, rest two days, and then return would all qualify for double mqms if its in the same pnr?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ngalliance
I need to book a trip to FLL and was thinking of a connection on the west coast. Do you think Pit-atl-sea-dtw-fll, rest two days, and then return would all qualify for double mqms if its in the same pnr?
I haven't read the entire thread, but it will be impossible to get them all on the same fare (since SEA is not a valid connection city for PIT-FLL, and it is likely that only 2 connections are allowed). I'm guessing that it would break into something like:

PIT-SEA//SEA-FLL-SEA//SEA-PIT

and if they're all on the same PNR, that the PIT-SEA and SEA-PIT will be one ways. That might result in no bonus anywhere, but I'll leave it open for others with more experience with the promo to give further guidance.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I don't think DL's trip logic will allow that kind of backtrack. Try to see if it books.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mot29
I don't think DL's trip logic will allow that kind of backtrack. Try to see if it books.
It books under multicity
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
It books under multicity
The issue is how it's being priced out and what DL's computers see it as. I don't think we have any confirmed reports of multi-city bookings getting the bonus miles. It's conceivable you'd get the miles on the segment out of PIT and then back into PIT, but the things in between are really iffy.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
The issue is how it's being priced out and what DL's computers see it as. I don't think we have any confirmed reports of multi-city bookings getting the bonus miles. It's conceivable you'd get the miles on the segment out of PIT and then back into PIT, but the things in between are really iffy.
It's also conceivable that you'd get no bonus miles at all, since I'm not sure if the booking engine would allow you to nest the itineraries (SEA-FLL-SEA inside PIT-SEA-PIT), and may instead sell you:

PIT-SEA (one way)
SEA-FLL-SEA (roundtrip)
SEA-PIT (one way)

One thing you can do is use ITA to price it out and see how the fares break down. My guess is it'll look something like above.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
From reading the promotion T&C's, earlier clarifications in this thread from a DL employee, and the reports in this thread from those who have received the bonus miles and bonus MQMs, I haven't seen any major issues with multi-city bookings all on the same PNR that still originate and terminate in one of the targeted cities.

The only hangup that I've seen is for those who are also taking positioning flights on a separate PNR that arrive and/or depart one of the targeted cities within the domestic legal connection time (4 hours) - the system seems to treat that case as a connection rather than the start/end of a separate journey and thus rendering the whole itinerary ineligible for the bonus. I don't know if this is still the case.

Originally Posted by GBadger
It's also conceivable that you'd get no bonus miles at all, since I'm not sure if the booking engine would allow you to nest the itineraries (SEA-FLL-SEA inside PIT-SEA-PIT), and may instead sell you:

PIT-SEA (one way)
SEA-FLL-SEA (roundtrip)
SEA-PIT (one way)

One thing you can do is use ITA to price it out and see how the fares break down. My guess is it'll look something like above.
From what I've read so far, it doesn't appear as though this matters as long as one can get it to price out on a single ticket. In your example above, however, you would probably be paying more for the same flights if it does price it out that way.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I just got back from our Hawaii trip with Delta from RDU, our itinerary is RDU-MSP-SFO (stop over for 2 days)-LAX-HNL, then 8 days later HNL-PDX-MSP-RDU. In my account, clearly the SFO-LAX-HNL was not counted towards the DMQM. Is this correct?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Procter
I just got back from our Hawaii trip with Delta from RDU, our itinerary is RDU-MSP-SFO (stop over for 2 days)-LAX-HNL, then 8 days later HNL-PDX-MSP-RDU. In my account, clearly the SFO-LAX-HNL was not counted towards the DMQM. Is this correct?
Were the SFO-LAX and LAX-HNL segments DL-coded and DL-operated? Codeshare flights are not eligible for the promotion.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by trek87
Were the SFO-LAX and LAX-HNL segments DL-coded and DL-operated? Codeshare flights are not eligible for the promotion.
Since DL flies both of those routes with regularity, I'm assuming that they were. Don't know why they would post the question if they were some other carrier .
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger
Since DL flies both of those routes with regularity, I'm assuming that they were. Don't know why they would post the question if they were some other carrier .
Fair enough. I was just trying to help, since I've seen quite a few "would this qualify for the promotion" posts in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.