Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CueballJR
I'll be in Miami for a couple months, and I plan to fly MIA-ATL-RDU-ATL-MIA. When I get up to RDU I'm going to do my RDU-ATL-EZE-ATL-RDU routing. I wonder ... Double MQM for both flights?
I would guess just on the latter.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
In spite of the vagueness in the T&Cs, I remain convinced that there truly is such a thing as a stupid question.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL DM, Hilton Gold
Just booked a STL-MSP-LAX-SYD-LAX-SLC-STL trip for work. The outgoing portion is a M class fare, so the mileage on this trip is gonna be crazy. Thank you Delta!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
So, according to Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions this open jaw itn. is eligible for the promotion,
1. 07JUL STL-ATL-NRT-BKK
2. 12AUG NRT-ATL-STL

My question is for STL-BKK with a stopover in NRT itin. as follows:
1. 07JUL STL-ATL-NRT-BKK
2. 15JUL BKK-NRT
3. 12AUG NRT-ATL-STL

is the No.1 and 3 segments are eligible for the promo?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I will join the many others thanking Kevin for clarifying the T&C's of this promotion. Based on the clarification provided, a friend and I will be booking tickets to take advantage of this promotion. Note that it was the combination of the promotion and the clarification of the T&C's that will result in our purchase and revenue to DL. Without Kevin's clarification, there would have been no purchase by us and that revenue to DL would have been lost.

Without getting into how DL does in comparison to other carriers, I'd hazard that DL seems to have a disconnect between the folks who decide what the promotions will be (surely that decision included whether the beyond-hub connecting flights would qualify for double MQM's) and the folks who write the T&C. There may also be a need for some creativity in analyzing the T&C's and the myriad ways the promotion could be exploited.

It's long been said that FT is a focus group for airlines served up for free on a silver platter. But having all this get hashed out in public adds to some confusion and can generate some illwill.

I suggest that Delta consider making a real private focus group of FTers to "vet" T&C's for promotions like this. Participants would identify the many permutations of how fliers could try to participate in the promotion and thus identify any ambiguities in the T&C's. Delta's T&C-writers could then clarify the language before the promotion goes live. Delta could bind the focus group to secrecy by contract, compensate them with miles (low cost to Delta, real value to FT types), and enforce the secrecy provisions on pain of miles forfeiture and account closure-- now that would scare us silent!

....just a thought.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I suggest that Delta consider making a real private focus group of FTers to "vet" T&C's for promotions like this. Participants would identify the many permutations of how fliers could try to participate in the promotion and thus identify any ambiguities in the T&C's. Delta's T&C-writers could then clarify the language before the promotion goes live. Delta could bind the focus group to secrecy by contract, compensate them with miles (low cost to Delta, real value to FT types), and enforce the secrecy provisions on pain of miles forfeiture and account closure-- now that would scare us silent!
That's a pretty darned good idea! ^ ^

David
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I will join the many others thanking Kevin for clarifying the T&C's of this promotion. Based on the clarification provided, a friend and I will be booking tickets to take advantage of this promotion. Note that it was the combination of the promotion and the clarification of the T&C's that will result in our purchase and revenue to DL. Without Kevin's clarification, there would have been no purchase by us and that revenue to DL would have been lost.

Without getting into how DL does in comparison to other carriers, I'd hazard that DL seems to have a disconnect between the folks who decide what the promotions will be (surely that decision included whether the beyond-hub connecting flights would qualify for double MQM's) and the folks who write the T&C. There may also be a need for some creativity in analyzing the T&C's and the myriad ways the promotion could be exploited.

It's long been said that FT is a focus group for airlines served up for free on a silver platter. But having all this get hashed out in public adds to some confusion and can generate some illwill.

....just a thought.

Can the average FT'er keep a secret?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Jazzop
In spite of the vagueness in the T&Cs, I remain convinced that there truly is such a thing as a stupid question.
Without a doubt, there are stupid answers, too. Thanks for contributing.

On topic:
DL has matched AA's fare between RDU and LGA.
$88++ = $109.40 RT ai
Sep 8 - Nov 17. Excludes Fri & Sun.

Connections allowed.
RDU-DTW-LGA-DTW-RDU = $88++ = $130.80 RT ai
RDU-ATL-LGA-ATL-RDU is same price and gives more miles.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by sc flier
Without a doubt, there are stupid answers, too. Thanks for contributing.

On topic:
DL has matched AA's fare between RDU and LGA.
$88++ = $109.40 RT ai
Sep 8 - Nov 17. Excludes Fri & Sun.

Connections allowed.
RDU-DTW-LGA-DTW-RDU = $88++ = $130.80 RT ai
RDU-ATL-LGA-ATL-RDU is same price and gives more miles.
With the SWA fares outta BNA this may work to RDU.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by Dovster
There is a problem with that. If you have more than one PNR Delta is not responsible if you miss a connection between the two.

Let's say that you fork out $200 for a PHL-PIT LUT fare on one PNR and $4000 on an I fare to take you PIT-ATL-TLV on another. Your flight out of PHL is delayed and you don't make it in time for your PIT-ATL segment.

Tough luck. You can now throw away your I ticket -- it is worthless.
Is this true? Has anyone experienced this? If you miss the the connection due to a late arrival couldn't you be put on a later flight? I'd like to do an RDU-LHR-RDU but would fly on a separate PNR from ATL to RDU. I would definitely have second thoughts about doing this if there is a risk of losing the RDU-LHR portion due to a flight delay on the ATL-RDU portion.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Several who received no email have registered and reported that the promotion does not show up in "my promotions" on delta.com. Can we have someone who did receive the email and registered tell us whether it shows up under your promotions on delta.com?
I didn't receive an EMail (I'm based in HSV) but I successfully registered for BNA. It shows up in my list of registered promotions but, interestingly, when I click the hyperlink it gives me a message that says "The promotion you are trying to view does not exist."
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Clarification? Someone? Anyone?

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
I didn't receive an EMail (I'm based in HSV) but I successfully registered for BNA. It shows up in my list of registered promotions but, interestingly, when I click the hyperlink it gives me a message that says "The promotion you are trying to view does not exist."
This situation applies to multiple individuals in this thread. Can SMI or Kevin let us know if we should be concerned or not? I dont want book a $1000+ ticket if I'm not eligible for the double MQMs.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by jeff30189
This situation applies to multiple individuals in this thread. Can SMI or Kevin let us know if we should be concerned or not? I dont want book a $1000+ ticket if I'm not eligible for the double MQMs.
I PMed Kevin with this question. Will advise when/if I hear anything.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jeff30189

I can tell you that I DID receive the eMail, and it's the same thing for me. After I registered, it showed up under "My Promotions", but when you click on the link, it goes nowhere.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM. Starwood Gold
Wow - this promotion is good for me, but probably bad for a lot of people who are annoyed by an inflated number of Golds. I'm always comfortably silver, and have 15,000 MQMs so far this year, with roughly 20,000 MQMs to book for work travel (none internationally, unfortunately).

Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it seems like by simply paying for my one way from LGA-PIT ($64.40) and flying out of there, open jaw each time (ending up back at LGA), I may be able to reach gold this year. Now if only I can figure out how to get my company to pay for the extra flight

Annoying to research and book, but possibly worth it in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.