Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions
Regarding our recently launched promotions offering SkyMiles members in select U.S. cities bonus miles and MQMs for travel through December 31, 2010 -
Kevin, once again Delta is ignoring its overseas passengers. This is especially frustrating when you realize that we generally have a much larger choice of airlines than do Americans.

I am flying TLV-PHL next week. Only one airline (US) offers me a direct flight but the following allow me to fly with connections:

Royal Jordanian, Turkish, LOT, Continental, Alitalia, Lufthansa, Air Canada, United, KLM, Delta, Austrian, Spanair, El Al, Swiss, BA, Iberia, and Brussels.

Wouldn't it be wise to entice passengers to choose Delta with a promotion like this?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Any promo to/from SAN?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions
Regarding our recently launched promotions offering SkyMiles members in select U.S. cities bonus miles and MQMs for travel through December 31, 2010 - we apologize for any confusion. Members enrolled for the promotions will receive double Medallion Qualification Miles/MQMs on all flights flown, whether non-stop or via connections. Double MQMs will be based on total MQMs earned, which includes the standard 50% class of service bonus earned on M class and above fares. All MQMs earned through the promotions will count toward a member’s 2010 MQM balance. Additionally, the round trip bonus miles will be earned based on origin to final destination and return - meaning nonstops to the hubs and then connecting onto final destination on ticket will be awarded the bonus. For example, a member purchases a paid J class roundtrip ticket RDU-JFK-FCO-JFK-RDU, the member would earn double MQMs on all flights and then would earn 50,000 bonus miles for this premium roundtrip international ticket. As for the issue of open jaws, as long as travel is on the same ticket, this will also qualify for the bonus e.g. BNA-ATL-GIG surface EZE-ATL-BNA.
I hope this clears up these open issues - and again apologize for any confusion.

Kevin
Thank you for the clarifications and the clarity. ^

Next time, DL would do well to eliminate the ambiguities and sources of potential confusion from the outset.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Sky Miles-Gold, Marriott Rewards-Silver
Interesting...

Delta did not send me this notice either (I checked spam folders, trash, everything). My home airport is PIT and I fly out of there very frequently on business trips around the world and the US. I wonder if it is because I already have Gold Elite status and fly with them a lot?

At any rate I used the link another poster graciously provided for BNA, changed the URL for PIT and it did pull up the PIT offer site and it did allow me to register for it. I'm glad too because the vast majority of my travel happens from Sept-Nov and I will be doing a lot of small US trips this fall.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH D, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
I know my customers would not be very happy to see that I gave people in just 4 cities better deals than I gave others. I agree that they can do this, but they run the risk of alienating other customers. I agree you can do what you want also, but this annoys me and I will go elsewhere which I would assume that you would agree that I can chose to do?

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Isn't that the point of a promotion? Delta is trying to incent certain behaviors (i.e., increase patronage from a particular city)? Don't all businesses (not just airlines) participate in this type of behavior all the time?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Dovster
Wouldn't it be wise to entice passengers to choose Delta with a promotion like this?
They did! It just requires that you visit more than once.

TLV-PHL
PHL-PIT
PIT-TLV
TLV-PIT

PIT-PHL
PHL-TLV

Kevin,
I have several questions
Codeshares
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) by December 31, 2010, and earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a Delta hub (ATL, DTW, SLC, MSP, MEM, JFK), 10,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a non-hub U.S. city, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean, 25,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Economy Class (Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T) or 50,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Business Class (J,D,C,I). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer."
Does this mean that an itinerary that includes any codeshares operated by another carrier will be excluded entirely? Or will only the codeshare segments be excluded from the MQM bonus? For example, what bonuses would be given for a trip such as RDU-JFK-FCO-JFK-RDU with a codeshare TATL flight operated by Alitalia 1) in one direction or 2) in both directions?
"originating and terminating"
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) by December 31, 2010."
Most of us have assumed not, but will roundtrip flights to these cities earn a bonus? (Example: SFO-ATL-RDU-ATL-SFO)
Hubs
"Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a Delta hub (ATL, DTW, SLC, MSP, MEM, JFK), 10,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a non-hub U.S. city...."
It's clear that nonstop flights ending at a hub will earn 5k bonus miles. Will connecting flights which end at another hub earn 5k or 10k miles? (Example: RDU-ATL-SLC-ATL-RDU)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good idea, but the BOS-RDU flight arrives at 11:30am which appears too late to catch the flights from RDU to ICN or SIN through NRT.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I registered for BNA and RDU, and neither show up in my skymiles "promotions" page.

Anybody else having this problem? Makes me a bit leery of booking anything until I know for sure....

David
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I registered for BNA and RDU, and neither show up in my skymiles "promotions" page.

Anybody else having this problem? Makes me a bit leery of booking anything until I know for sure....

David
I registered for all four and it took about a day for them to show up on my promotions page. However when you click the link for details of the promotion it says promotion not found??
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Same here

Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
I registered for all four and it took about a day for them to show up on my promotions page. However when you click the link for details of the promotion it says promotion not found??
+1

One day after registering, all 4 promotions show up for me. Clicking yields the dreaded "promotion not found".
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
"originating and terminating"
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) by December 31, 2010."
Most of us have assumed not, but will roundtrip flights to these cities earn a bonus? (Example: SFO-ATL-RDU-ATL-SFO)
I'm curious to know the answer to this as well. Great thread.

LMcL
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kgaz
Delta did not send me this notice either.

Do you get regular Delta eMail promos? I got the eMail offer, so I don't think being gold would exclude you from getting the offer eMailed to you.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, UA PS, Marr Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for clearing up the full itinerary question. It is not clear to me how the overlapping promotions will be handled. If I flew in September RDU-DTW-HKG-DTW-RDU in I class what RDM would I be credited and what MQM? The triple flown miles promo provides for triple the DTW-HKG legs (plus plat bonus? plus class of service?) The RDU promo provide double MQM on the entire trip plus 50,000 RDM. Many Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sc flier
There are nonstops from BOS to RDU for under $200. Why not fly to RDU on one ticket, and then take your TPAC from there and back on a separate ticket?
That's exactly what I plan to do for an upcoming itin. I will book a r/t to one of the four cities, then book a r/t transcon from there on a separate PNR.

Like most of the others here, yeah I wish DL had showed a little more love to my home airport but geez, all I have to do is drop a couple hundred more dollars than usual to get DMQM. That's not really such a bad deal.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
That's exactly what I plan to do for an upcoming itin. I will book a r/t to one of the four cities, then book a r/t transcon from there on a separate PNR.

Like most of the others here, yeah I wish DL had showed a little more love to my home airport but geez, all I have to do is drop a couple hundred more dollars than usual to get DMQM. That's not really such a bad deal.
There is a problem with that. If you have more than one PNR Delta is not responsible if you miss a connection between the two.

Let's say that you fork out $200 for a PHL-PIT LUT fare on one PNR and $4000 on an I fare to take you PIT-ATL-TLV on another. Your flight out of PHL is delayed and you don't make it in time for your PIT-ATL segment.

Tough luck. You can now throw away your I ticket -- it is worthless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.