Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by battensea
Confused.
PIT-ATL-GRU, LIM-ATL-PIT - are those two separate roundtrip itineraries? One-way bookings don't count in this promotion.
Looks like an open jaw to me. IMO, the rules don't say anything to exclude open jaw tickets, and I generally consider open jaw tickets to be a RT ticket. However, it would be nice to know for sure.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
Originally Posted by sc flier
Looks like an open jaw to me. IMO, the rules don't say anything to exclude open jaw tickets, and I generally consider open jaw tickets to be a RT ticket. However, it would be nice to know for sure.
I feel like I have an open jaw just dealing with all this Delta snafu... Ive been on hold now for 25 minutes while the SMS people are answering my question. I want to fly RDU-ATL-EZE-ATL-RDU and I stated that "RDU-ATL is nonstop and ATL-EZE is nonstop... so does that mean I only earn 500 double mqms? please confirm before I drop a G on this ticket."

I'm still waiting for a response...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheesewiz
I just booked the following
PIT-ATL-GRU in F and I
LIM-ATL-PIT in I and F

As a CMH based GM this is what I expect to earn.

After the flights are complete,
13,393 MQM's 8929 x 1.5
13,393 miles
13,393 bonus miles 100%GM bonus

In January retroactive to 2010, which I'm not worried about as I had my AMEX 10,000 miles post retroactive last year on Jan 9th.

8929 more MQM's
plus 50,000 more bonus miles

All told
22,322 MQMs
76,786 miles

Just enough for one domestic award ticket
wish i had the money for that ^
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by sc flier

That's what it is, same PNR, booked as a RT. I just wish DL had a S. American SkyTeam parter so I could earn miles on the GRU to LaPaz via Lima flights.

I wish I had the money to do this as well, this is a business trip so the company is paying for it. whoo hoo
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Regarding our recently launched promotions offering SkyMiles members in select U.S. cities bonus miles and MQMs for travel through December 31, 2010 - we apologize for any confusion. Members enrolled for the promotions will receive double Medallion Qualification Miles/MQMs on all flights flown, whether non-stop or via connections. Double MQMs will be based on total MQMs earned, which includes the standard 50% class of service bonus earned on M class and above fares. All MQMs earned through the promotions will count toward a member’s 2010 MQM balance. Additionally, the round trip bonus miles will be earned based on origin to final destination and return - meaning nonstops to the hubs and then connecting onto final destination on ticket will be awarded the bonus. For example, a member purchases a paid J class roundtrip ticket RDU-JFK-FCO-JFK-RDU, the member would earn double MQMs on all flights and then would earn 50,000 bonus miles for this premium roundtrip international ticket. As for the issue of open jaws, as long as travel is on the same ticket, this will also qualify for the bonus e.g. BNA-ATL-GIG surface EZE-ATL-BNA.
I hope this clears up these open issues - and again apologize for any confusion.

Kevin
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Bravo!!

Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions
I hope this clears up these open issues - and again apologize for any confusion.
Can you please screen all future DL promotions and press releases before they are posted or published? It would make management look much more competant.

(Whatever they pay you, it's not enough.)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Regarding our recently launched promotions offering SkyMiles members in select U.S. cities bonus miles and MQMs for travel through December 31, 2010 - we apologize for any confusion. Members enrolled for the promotions will receive double Medallion Qualification Miles/MQMs on all flights flown, whether non-stop or via connections. Double MQMs will be based on total MQMs earned, which includes the standard 50% class of service bonus earned on M class and above fares. All MQMs earned through the promotions will count toward a member’s 2010 MQM balance. Additionally, the round trip bonus miles will be earned based on origin to final destination and return - meaning nonstops to the hubs and then connecting onto final destination on ticket will be awarded the bonus. For example, a member purchases a paid J class roundtrip ticket RDU-JFK-FCO-JFK-RDU, the member would earn double MQMs on all flights and then would earn 50,000 bonus miles for this premium roundtrip international ticket. As for the issue of open jaws, as long as travel is on the same ticket, this will also qualify for the bonus e.g. BNA-ATL-GIG surface EZE-ATL-BNA.

Kevin

Thank you so much for clarification!

Still unclear is the J factor in your example. If base MQM is 6000k each way and you add in the 50% bonus, does the promotion add another 50% bonus or 100% bonus.

12000k base
6000k 50% J class bonus

+ 6000k promotion bonus
or
12000K promotion bonus
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, as always! We appreciate your time!!!

^^^^^^
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by gator21
Still unclear is the J factor in your example. If base MQM is 6000k each way and you add in the 50% bonus, does the promotion add another 50% bonus or 100% bonus.
I thought the answer was quite clear, and I find your question quite unclear.

If you get 12k base MQMs and 6k bonus bonus MQMs, then when the promo bonus posts, you'll get another 18k MQMs.

Or to use your example, 6,000,000 base each way + 50% class bonus + 18,000,000 year-end RDU promo bonus = 36,000,000 MQMs!

Kevin, thank you for your excellent summary! I think you answered most, if not all questions that I had!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
As long as the confusion gets expeditiously cleared up in a reasonable manner, all is well.

Simply put: Thank you Kevin. I think a number of us will be happy to buy you a beer, then another, then another at the ATL DL-do, if you'll be there.

And to the revenue folks.....yes, this one has me and Mrs MCD dropping more $$ into the DL hopper. So let the MQMs roll!!

As to the person who wrote up the original promotion terms: how about assigning them to ramp duty at THU??
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its a shame that BOS didn't get targeted for this promo, especially with a bunch of upcoming TPAC travel that I have to choose which airline to fly.

Sounds great for you guys who are in one of the targeted cities though... great to make/keep your status.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Its a shame that BOS didn't get targeted for this promo, especially with a bunch of upcoming TPAC travel that I have to choose which airline to fly.
There are nonstops from BOS to RDU for under $200. Why not fly to RDU on one ticket, and then take your TPAC from there and back on a separate ticket?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Kevin
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ^
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH D, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
I know Im in the minority here, but soooo long Delta. Yes I will have to fly them some over the rest of the year. This is just too good of a deal for them to put out for just a select few. Delta yes you can chose to reward just a few select people, but I can chose another airline. Being true to what I have posted this will be my last post here for a while as I am moving on to United. 1K here I come.

Kevin
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdfinney
I know Im in the minority here, but soooo long Delta. Yes I will have to fly them some over the rest of the year. This is just too good of a deal for them to put out for just a select few. Delta yes you can chose to reward just a few select people, but I can chose another airline. Being true to what I have posted this will be my last post here for a while as I am moving on to United. 1K here I come.
Isn't that the point of a promotion? Delta is trying to incent certain behaviors (i.e., increase patronage from a particular city)? Don't all businesses (not just airlines) participate in this type of behavior all the time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.