Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:36 pm

Here's wondering what a one-way STL-DTW-ORD or STL-MSP-MDW will net? I'm guessing 2X MQM on just the STL-XXX flight, but 10K bonus since ORD/MDW is not a hub city?

Or no miles since it's one-way travel?

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Here's wondering what a one-way STL-DTW-ORD or STL-MSP-MDW will net? I'm guessing 2X MQM on just the STL-XXX flight, but 10K bonus since ORD/MDW is not a hub city?

Or no miles since it's one-way travel?

-Kinglobjaw
i am pretty sure that the promo does state the RT requirement. and that is the only thing about that promo that is clear.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Quoted from the original eMail terms and conditions:

One-way travel will not qualify for the MQMs and bonus miles
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Whatever situation prompted DL to push so hard (as this promotion) to attract/retain customers in the short-term, I'm not sure how much good this promotion does with regard to SkyMiles inflationary expectations (and the corresponding devaluation of miles accumulated by SkyMiles customers).
I can only speak for BNA. You are looking at a small group of people that will abuse use this. Yes, lots of people will take one or two trips, but 20 more trips by the end of the year will only be a handful.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by troyintn
I can only speak for BNA. You are looking at a small group of people that will abuse use this. Yes, lots of people will take one or two trips, but 20 more trips by the end of the year will only be a handful.
I'm about to be back in the GTR area for a while, and i will drive to BNA to take 2 of my next trips out of there instead of BHM
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL DM, Hilton Gold
Being based out of STL this is quite a promotion. I think after reading through this I'm understanding almost everything, but have one question. I'm currently Silver, so if I fly a premium coach fare I get a 50% MQM bonus. I'm assuming that would still apply when the miles post and then at the end of the year I would also get 2x MQM on the base mileage IE: a 1000 mile trip would net 1500 MQM now and an additional 1000 MQM at the end of the year? I may have a trip to SYD upcoming for work. I just have to hope that AA/QF or UA isn't cheaper than DL.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bluedevil23
Being based out of STL this is quite a promotion. I think after reading through this I'm understanding almost everything, but have one question. I'm currently Silver, so if I fly a premium coach fare I get a 50% MQM bonus. I'm assuming that would still apply when the miles post and then at the end of the year I would also get 2x MQM on the base mileage IE: a 1000 mile trip would net 1500 MQM now and an additional 1000 MQM at the end of the year? I may have a trip to SYD upcoming for work. I just have to hope that AA/QF or UA isn't cheaper than DL.
Assuming that flights with connections are not excluded from the promotion, yes. As I'm sure you've read, many people are taking pause at the word "nonstop" in the terms. But as for your specific question, yes. You still receive the base MQMs and the class of service bonus MQMs as usual, in addition to the extra MQMs from this promotion. The class of service bonus MQMs are not doubled, only the base MQMs.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: BMI, DL, UA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by bluedevil23
That is correct. Unfortunately for a Silver, the bonus MQM don't post until the end of the year, so it won't help you reach Gold during the year so you're have to wait for the 100% bonus RDMs for awhile. Last year's double/triple MQM promo posted as you went, so the bonus mqms helped for mid year qualification so you got the higher elite bonuses sooner.

If possible, try to get to gold before that SYD trip...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:34 pm

Call Me Lazy, But I Want the Collective Wisdom Without Reading 20 Pages

Any possibility of a sticky setting forth all of the salient points?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:00 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
For STL-BKK with a stopover in NRT itin. as follows:

1. 07JUL STL-ATL-NRT-BKK
2. 15JUL BKK-NRT
3. 12AUG NRT-ATL-STL

can somebody confirm that No.1 and 3 segments are eligible for the promo?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
For STL-BKK with a stopover in NRT itin. as follows:

1. 07JUL STL-ATL-NRT-BKK
2. 15JUL BKK-NRT
3. 12AUG NRT-ATL-STL

can somebody confirm that No.1 and 3 segments are eligible for the promo?
No, but we can guess....
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...k-matches.html

I'm seeing some good prices on Delta out of RDU and BNA for the fall. Perhaps matching this WN sale?

RDU-DEN/SEA $238 RT base fare + taxes = ~$280
From the RDU-SEA fare rules, it looks as if these rates are good for Aug 23 - Nov 18.

BNA-SEA $238 RT++ = ~$280
BNA-DEN $228 RT++ = ~$270
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:08 am

I just booked the following
PIT-ATL-GRU in F and I
LIM-ATL-PIT in I and F

As a CMH based GM this is what I expect to earn.

After the flights are complete,
13,393 MQM's 8929 x 1.5
13,393 miles
13,393 bonus miles 100%GM bonus

In January retroactive to 2010, which I'm not worried about as I had my AMEX 10,000 miles post retroactive last year on Jan 9th.

13,393 more MQM's
plus 50,000 more bonus miles

All told
26,786 MQMs
76,786 miles

Just enough for one domestic award ticket

Last edited by cheesewiz; Jun 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sc flier
When will my retroactive upgrades clear?
This made me truly LOL.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by cheesewiz
I just booked the following
PIT-ATL-GRU in F and I
LIM-ATL-PIT in I and F

As a CMH based GM this is what I expect to earn.

After the flights are complete,
13,393 MQM's 8929 x 1.5
13,393 miles
13,393 bonus miles 100%GM bonus
Confused.
PIT-ATL-GRU, LIM-ATL-PIT - are those two separate roundtrip itineraries? One-way bookings don't count in this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.