Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I remember reading earlier someone said that I need to have the flights at least 4 hrs apart for positioning flights....If I SDC to something inside 4 hrs on the return, what's going to happen?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by ianturner
I remember reading earlier someone said that I need to have the flights at least 4 hrs apart for positioning flights....If I SDC to something inside 4 hrs on the return, what's going to happen?
You don't need 4 hours between flights, it's just that the computer will mess up and not read it right, and thus not award the bonus miles correctly. Unless they've fixed it, you'll have to contact Delta to clear up the posting.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Amex Reserve/Plat
Originally Posted by acf1270
Of course I could be wrong, but something tells me that Delta IT is not going to be able to distinguish the booking date when it comes to crediting the bonus miles as long as you are registered for the promo and travel by Dec 31.

But anyway there is this sign advertising the promo in the RDU airport that clearly states "Enroll before Nov 30 and book and fly by Dec 31. So if you purchase a ticket in December and don't automatically receive the bonus miles, sending a copy of this sign in should do the trick.

Can someone please just give me a straight answer on this? I just spent the last several hours scheduling a last minute MR for RDU-SYD for 40k MQMs if the bonus goes through. I just came across this info about the book by date being Nov. 30th. Need to know ASAP if it will post and if Kevin Will Honor it? Will they honor the RDU sign that cleary states that book and fly by Dec 31?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by LAXHOUND
Can someone please just give me a straight answer on this? I just spent the last several hours scheduling a last minute MR for RDU-SYD for 40k MQMs if the bonus goes through. I just came across this info about the book by date being Nov. 30th. Need to know ASAP if it will post and if Kevin Will Honor it? Will they honor the RDU sign that cleary states that book and fly by Dec 31?
my bonuses for the first half of my trip yesterday already posted...

but then again, i booked before nov 30..
i think the dela was you have to be registered by the nov 30th but book and fly before the end of the year...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
You don't need 4 hours between flights, it's just that the computer will mess up and not read it right, and thus not award the bonus miles correctly. Unless they've fixed it, you'll have to contact Delta to clear up the posting.

see dozens (hundreds?) of above posts regarding Kevin Pinto

I positioned BWI-MEM-BNA and departed on the MR less than 2 hrs later, none of the bonuses posted as expected during the trip which lasted almost 3 weeks

upon return to BNA I emailed Kevin who -- within 45 min -- was able to add the missing bonuses for the flights that had already posted

started another MR 2 hrs later (had actually booked on the turnaround of the inbound jet for pricing purposes, but SDC'd onto a better connection) ... haven't yet seen the bonus for the second leg of this trip, but there are six more segments before the end of the year
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by jrl22
see dozens (hundreds?) of above posts regarding Kevin Pinto

I positioned BWI-MEM-BNA and departed on the MR less than 2 hrs later, none of the bonuses posted as expected during the trip which lasted almost 3 weeks

upon return to BNA I emailed Kevin who -- within 45 min -- was able to add the missing bonuses for the flights that had already posted

started another MR 2 hrs later (had actually booked on the turnaround of the inbound jet for pricing purposes, but SDC'd onto a better connection) ... haven't yet seen the bonus for the second leg of this trip, but there are six more segments before the end of the year
HAHA trust me I have seen all the posts about contacting Kevin. I just want to SDC to an earlier flight so I'm not spending 8 hours in PIT on the return...looks like I'll take my chances with the SDC and email him later if something doesn't post correctly.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
HAHA trust me I have seen all the posts about contacting Kevin. I just want to SDC to an earlier flight so I'm not spending 8 hours in PIT on the return...looks like I'll take my chances with the SDC and email him later if something doesn't post correctly.
I SDC'd onto BNA-MEM-LAS instead of BNA-ATL-LAS (less miles, I know, but upgraded from MEM-LAS instead of #10 on the list out of ATL) and everything posted just fine. Hopefully you'll be alright.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Amex Reserve/Plat
my bonuses for the first half of my trip yesterday already posted...

but then again, i booked before nov 30..
i think the dela was you have to be registered by the nov 30th but book and fly before the end of the year...
Thanks for the reply...but still need to know what the likelihood if at all of getting the promo bonus for a ticket booked after November 30th. I have until tonight to cancel and really would appreciate some feedback.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL AA
MR has been a nightmare thanks to the weather and Delta system suckitude

I may make it home someday
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by LAXHOUND
Thanks for the reply...but still need to know what the likelihood if at all of getting the promo bonus for a ticket booked after November 30th. I have until tonight to cancel and really would appreciate some feedback.
I'd say you will still get credit as long as you meet the original T&C...with a picture of that sign I'm about 99% sure Kevin Pinto will honor it if it doesn't post correctly.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Chris92Heel
MR has been a nightmare thanks to the weather and Delta system suckitude

I may make it home someday
I got lucky...made it out yesterday for my MR to HNL..i'm here for 3 more days before heading back so it should all blow over by then
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by N615HL
Any one nice enough to help me double check my math?

I am doing BNA-SFO via MSP on the way out and SLC on the way back.

I calculated:

MQMs: 8,574 (with Double MQM promo)
RDMs: 18,574 (with GM and 10K promo bonus)

Am I correct?

Thanks
Looks good to me! Happy travels!

OK, they re-routed me through ATL due to MSP closing, and here's what they credited me for this trip:

BNA-ATL: 3500 RDM / 1000 MQM
ATL-SFO: 4278 RDM / 2139 MQM
SFO-SLC: 1198 RDM / 0599 MQM
SLC-BNA: 5206 RDM / 2806 MQM
---------------------------------
Total: 14,282 RDM / 6,544 MQM

Shouldn't it have been 19,284 RDM (GM w/ 10K bonus) and 9,284 MQMs (double MQM)?

Do I need to email Kevin P?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:12 pm

OK, they re-routed me through ATL due to MSP closing, and here's what they credited me for this trip:

Shouldn't it have been 19,284 RDM (GM w/ 10K bonus) and 9,284 MQMs (double MQM)?

Give it a day or two. If it hasn't corrected, then go ahead and contact Delta. What I see is the computer not picking up the ATL-SFO-SLC segments, and only seeing trips to hubs. Your calculations look correct.

As has been mentioned before, try regular Delta CS first, and then escalate to Mr. Pinto. While there are plenty of stories of their mistakes, they were able to help me immediately on one occasion.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM

Give it a day or two. If it hasn't corrected, then go ahead and contact Delta. What I see is the computer not picking up the ATL-SFO-SLC segments, and only seeing trips to hubs. Your calculations look correct.

As has been mentioned before, try regular Delta CS first, and then escalate to Mr. Pinto. While there are plenty of stories of their mistakes, they were able to help me immediately on one occasion.
All of the above has posted to my account, just not the right amounts? Are you saying you think it will automatically update? Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:34 pm

All of the above has posted to my account, just not the right amounts? Are you saying you think it will automatically update? Thanks
Sometimes the computer might fix the bonuses after a day or two, although that hasn't been my personal experience. So, wait a day or two, and then call Delta. Right now, you haven't received the correct amount of miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.