Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Old Nov 16, 10, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vxmike View Post
Quite a bit if I recall. I believe for the particular days I did it they were pricing at $1,200/each booked seperately but I got the double for almost exactly $2,000.
Good deal. If a similar promotion comes up next year, I'll be sure to look at double trips, although I'm not sure I'd want to fly to SYD and back 2 times in a row. I can imagine not wanting to get on the plane by the third TPAC flight.
Old Nov 16, 10, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by dnkywhisperer View Post

The other half I have had corrected either through Delta.com or by emailing Kevin Pinto.

Kevin is amazing in the short time it takes him to fix things, I just feel like I bug him too often. If it is something simple that a 3 year old would understand I just send delta.com a message and it always ends up correct.
what is really sad is i have contacted DL twice now and they still cannot get my Nov 3rd trip corrected. i have another same day turn coming up, and i have a draft letter waiting to go to Mr. Pinto next week for both flights. i have little faith that DL will fix it when i have to talk the CSRs at the Elite line through the promo and explain how it was supposed to post.
Old Nov 16, 10, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Angust View Post
I read about the last 20 pages of this thread and did not see a conclusive answer to the my question. Im going into the third week post flight time.

What is the posting time on the 2x MQM?

I flew at the end of Oct 30/31:
Oct 30 STL-ATL-DEN-MSP-ANC
OCT31 ANC-MSP-DEN-MSP-STL

I was missing a flight segment for ANC-MSP so contacted customer service on Nov 4, whom promptly added it and did a few other Hub bonus calculations, but still have not seen an ounce of MQM post.

Thanks in advance.
All of my double MQMs and bonus RDMs posted within about 48 hours of the flights, both on the outbound and the return. That was for positioning flights SEA-RDU-SEA with the second itinerary RDU-SIN-RDU nested into the positioning flights, 12 flights in all. This wasn't a true MR. I did overnight stays in RDU between the positioning flights and the trips to SIN and spent 6 days in SIN, which may have reduced the opportunities for mileage posting errors. I'm still checking my account daily as I think sometimes miles earned with this promo have been removed after initially posting correctly.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Nov 16, 10 at 12:34 pm
Old Nov 16, 10, 2:33 pm

Programs: 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Finished 2 MR and it does take several days for the miles to post. I was patient and the miles eventually posted but not how I would have expected but they are all there.

Sometimes the bonuses post in the last flight of your trip. Check the math and you should see it there.

MR #1
RDU-ATL-HNL-SLC-MSP-RDU = 29,905 MQM

MR #2
RDU-JFK-BCN-ATL-RDU = 28,248 MQM

Interesting was that the RDU-HNL had more miles than the RDU-BCN trip. It was also a cheaper fare (A) vs using a SMU on a M fare for the BCN trip.

Wife and friend also did MR #2 with me. The both got the same MQM and made FO with just one trip.
Old Nov 16, 10, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
Good deal. If a similar promotion comes up next year, I'll be sure to look at double trips, although I'm not sure I'd want to fly to SYD and back 2 times in a row. I can imagine not wanting to get on the plane by the third TPAC flight.
I'd do a double turn again in a heartbeat. It's definitely worthwhile to get the mileage out of the way in fewer days compared to domestic trips where you just can't fly that much in a 24 hour period. I actually find a fewer number of very long flights to be less grueling than domestic MRs with numerous shorter flights and connections. I can sleep decent in economy especially row 44 or 30, so I wasn't really tired after any of the SYD legs.
Old Nov 16, 10, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
so as long as the system lets you register your are good to go?

this is not targeted?

9k away from diamond and I kind of want to go for it.
Old Nov 16, 10, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by andrew10412 View Post
so as long as the system lets you register your are good to go?

this is not targeted?

9k away from diamond and I kind of want to go for it.
Yup and yup: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010

Happy travels!
Old Nov 17, 10, 6:57 am

Did PIT-CVG-ORD-LGA (Part 1 of my MR) in Oct, did Part 2 JFK-SLC-DTW-HKG-NRT-ATL-PIT (all in Y, yuck) last weekend. Nothing has been posted correctly yet, will wait til Friday before sending Kevin an email.
Old Nov 17, 10, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Well, I'm going for it.

PIT-ATL-MSP-LHR-ATL-PIT starting this weekend. Spending a couple of nights in London to have a few pints. My only concern is the 30 min lay over in MSP (RST-MSP-PIT) on my way to PIT, but both flights are in the C concourse and RST-MSP is usually early.
Old Nov 17, 10, 8:03 am
VWE

Programs: SPG.plat Hyatt.Diamond. Delta.DM MillionMiler : UA 1P
Originally Posted by NYC101 View Post
Did PIT-CVG-ORD-LGA (Part 1 of my MR) in Oct, did Part 2 JFK-SLC-DTW-HKG-NRT-ATL-PIT (all in Y, yuck) last weekend. Nothing has been posted correctly yet, will wait til Friday before sending Kevin an email.
I think you're going to be disappointed. that's not a qualifying trip
Old Nov 17, 10, 8:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VWE View Post
If it's all on the same ticket/PNR, why not?
Old Nov 17, 10, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by VWE View Post
Why not?
Old Nov 17, 10, 9:12 am

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I have read about 5 of the 122 pages and did not see this.

I am flying to Nashville from NYC and then back this week. Will this be covered?
Old Nov 17, 10, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by OlderGeek View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I have read about 5 of the 122 pages and did not see this.

I am flying to Nashville from NYC and then back this week. Will this be covered?
You need to register. See the link below for the site to register at. Also, may be an issue since you booked first, then registered. I know it's been brought up before, but I can't remember what the result was.

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010

Edit: My bad, didn't catch you were going NYC-BNA-NYC. Like CarmenOM said, maybe you'll get lucky.

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Nov 17, 10 at 12:03 pm Reason: Misread the post originally
Old Nov 17, 10, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
You need to register. See the link below for the site to register at. Also, may be an issue since you booked first, then registered. I know it's been brought up before, but I can't remember what the result was.

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010
I was smart enough to register first. Thank you for the prompt reply. I did read the link too. It is just not clear to me that this is covered. While I start and end each segment in a spoke city, I do not start and end the RT in a spoke city.

Last edited by OlderGeek; Nov 17, 10 at 9:25 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: