Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What does DL do with the TSA information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

I made a reservation on delta.com today that required me to input the information for TSA. Is DL storing this information in the reservations or only passing it along to TSA? It's only a name and a birthdate, but they weren't clear about what they're doing with it.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Delta will retain the information as per their policy outlined at http://www.delta.com/privacy_security/index.jsp

We retain your name, and may retain other personal information such as mailing address, email address or credit card number when appropriate. ... We may combine this information with information about you which we gather from other sources. We may use the information to design offers customized to your interests.

Security regulations of several countries may require us to provide foreign and domestic government agencies with access to data you disclose to us.

We may disclose personally identifiable information to government authorities or to third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, to the extent we are required by law to do so.
Old May 28, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL 3MM Diamond
That info gets sent over to TSA for the Secure Flight Data they now require for all new bookings that they use against the no fly list and such.
Old May 28, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Actually, they send all the info to me.

I spend my evenings staying up late and reading it all!!!

HeHeHeHe.

Old May 28, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
Actually, they send all the info to me.

I spend my evenings staying up late and reading it all!!!

HeHeHeHe.

All while enjoying Mojitos and Biscoffs!!!!
Old May 28, 2010, 6:14 pm
In Memoriam

They are selling it to the Black Helicopter Brigade. @:-)
Old May 28, 2010, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Delta stores the information on the same computer nodes as the SkyPiles Award Search engine, so your data is safe and secure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.