Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Gold Card Churnable after 24 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Gold Card Churnable after 24 months

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Delta Gold Card Churnable after 24 months

Kudos to Bert and Rick "Frugal Travel Guy" for finding out the 24 month semi-churn. I'll have ot wait until Sept. 2010 to do this for more pesos. The following is from today's Frugal blog: http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/

Great News For Old Delta Card Users
Bert sent along this encouraging email for those of you that have had the Delta Gold card in the past, have received their sign up bonus at least two years ago and want to reapply.

Hi Rick, I know your not a fan of delta skymiles (neither am I) but I did want to report some good news. I got the following message from amex customer service when I asked whether the bonus miles for opening a gold delta skymiles amex card:

"I would like to inform you that you will receive 25,000 SkyMiles for opening a new Delta Card account. The welcome bonus of 10,000 SkyMiles is not issued if it has been issued previously with last 24 months. I have checked our records and see that bonus SkyMiles were issued in March 2007 on your previous Delta Card. As 24 months have passed since you last received the bonus SkyMiles, you will receive the full 25,000 SkyMiles for opening a new Delta Card."

It is not an immediate churn but something to put in your "hard drive for later use" Now somehow I have to check when I closed my last Delta Gold card
Old May 27, 2010, 10:27 am

I read that as 24 months from when you got the first 25K miles, not 24 months from when you canceled the last card. Is that right?
Old May 27, 2010, 12:43 pm

this is just 1 report, not representative.
I have a friend that applied 4 years after he got his last one, and got nothing.

Show me that written cold in stone, and then i will believe you. Talk is cheap you know.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

I read it as 24 from when the 25K bonus landed in my account. I canceled the card last fall before the annual fee cam due. I'll try it again this September at the second anniversary of the 25K bonus posting.

As to the talk is cheap, the CC companies are notorious for not being consistent. FT, Frugal, etc... are the best guides to sorting out the best methods to figure out the chaos of the "rules" according to the CC companies. As such, I'll be a guinea pig in September and try again.

Originally Posted by mpickup
I read that as 24 months from when you got the first 25K miles, not 24 months from when you canceled the last card. Is that right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.