Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by jzumrick
The search engine is the software searching for non-existent award tickets.
Yep, another DL scam - "low" + "low" = any number greater than 34,999...and the IT dept. is run by Nolan Bushnell ...the inventor of Atari Pong and Chuckie Cheese Pizza.... which explains a lot.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:35 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
I like the "AA style" award search were you don't have to log in or go to the award page to check availability. an save a little time.
I would like to see something like airtran's award booking page that show both the price in miles and price the with money.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I for one, like some of the cosmetic changes on www.delta.com
It's good that you like cosmetic changes.

Don't expect much more than that.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by amtrakusa
Does Delta.com still shows KLM flights? what airline does it still show beside AF/DL?
Yes, only if low level award seats exist, check with AF/KL website before put date on delta.com
Old May 18, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
It seems that the Delta IT people have actually been working lately... I like the new IT changes. Some may just be aesthetic, but the site does look a lot better and flows a lot smoother...
Not aesthetic... anesthetic... to numb us all to the fact that award availability has not, and may never, improve.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Any plans to add ability to change award flights online? The recently added "Change Flights" for award flights is completely useless. Doing any change (even to the same flight as now!) always results in this message (100% of the time without exception - I've tried on quite a few reservations):

We are unable to complete your request
Your request to reissue this ticket cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later.

If you have any questions, contact us for help.
What's the point to have change flights that never works for award flights, and rarely works correctly for revenue (e.g. not taking out the first connecting leg or doing other such tricks)?
Old May 18, 2010, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
looks exactly the same to me award search has changed?
Old May 18, 2010, 6:09 pm

They should at least correct the spelling of Sydney, Australia.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Demonstrating to Delta that the Award Calendar is broken is like wrestling with a pig, you'll both get dirty, but only the pig will enjoy it.

BTW I found the following low-low:

You selected these flights:

Washington-Dulles, DC (IAD) to Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) on 30 Oct 2010
10:00pm IAD
10:30am CDG Arrives 31 Oct
In-Flight Services Business

Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) to Washington-Dulles, DC (IAD) on 20 Nov 2010
10:30am CDG
12:50pm IAD
In-Flight Services Business

Price per passenger (USD):
100,000 Miles required
+ $ 124.90 Taxes/Fees
= $ 124.90 *
Looks like Air France flights to me. And they don't seem to be bookable online, perhaps by calling you can actually get this at 100k. I've not seen a single Low award transatlantic with Delta metal.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
From what I've heard the person who was in charge of 'usability' of NWA.com was convinced to stay with Delta and has been hard at work getting delta.dumb up to speed. Knowing the huge task ahead, I wish her and her team the best of luck and appreciate the efforts so far.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:09 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Hey, AF with their new seats aint too bad... now the older seats on the 340... thats another issue... I'd take that for 100k

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Looks like Air France flights to me. And they don't seem to be bookable online, perhaps by calling you can actually get this at 100k. I've not seen a single Low award transatlantic with Delta metal.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I wish her and her team the best of luck and appreciate the efforts so far.
Ditto. Go Theresa. Let us know if we can help .. even if it's just keeping the wolves back for awhile.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
From what I've heard the person who was in charge of 'usability' of NWA.com was convinced to stay with Delta and has been hard at work getting delta.dumb up to speed. Knowing the huge task ahead, I wish her and her team the best of luck and appreciate the efforts so far.
there might be a glimmer of hope at the horizon
Old May 18, 2010, 7:37 pm

Help me out, please. I checked for an award half an hour ago. Everything looks exactly the same as always. What has changed????
Old May 18, 2010, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by thezipper
Hey, AF with their new seats aint too bad... now the older seats on the 340... thats another issue... I'd take that for 100k
I dunno, AF business on the 777s is pretty ratty. And not up to the standards of, say, BA (or UA's new seat).

But it's certainly possible to redeem on AF. Which makes it one of the few bright spots of Skypesos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.