Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Yisitalwaysu
Myself and 6 other people in our office have been nice enough to take this pig for a ride over the last 6 hours.

We have checked each of the next 11 months from each of these stations:

LAX, PDX, PHX, MSP, BOS, IAD, ATL, TPA

to each of these stations:

AMS, CDG, DXB, MXP, ATH, FRA, DUB, FCO

in J, while being very sure to attempt to book ALL "low" indications within the award calendar on each route.

RESULT:

NOT EVEN ONE ITINERARY CAME BACK AT 100,000 MILES.

AFTER ALMOST 500 TOTAL ATTEMPTS, ONE (1) ATTEMPT CAME BACK AT 150,000 MILES (BOS-FCO). THE AVERAGE OF ALL ATTEMPTS WAS 264,000 MILES.
Wow! Just......Wow!

You folks deserve a big ^ for the effort.

This post ought to be sent to every dept at DL.

CV
Old May 18, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Absolutely amazing. In less than 5 minutes I could book two in J on the same flight from IAD to CDG.

Why do you post this stuff?

Myself and 6 other people in our office have been nice enough to take this pig for a ride over the last 6 hours.

in J, while being very sure to attempt to book ALL "low" indications within the award calendar on each route.

RESULT:

AFTER ALMOST 500 TOTAL ATTEMPTS, ONE (1) ATTEMPT CAME BACK AT 150,000 MILES (BOS-FCO). THE AVERAGE OF ALL ATTEMPTS WAS 264,000 MILES.
Old May 18, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Absolutely amazing. In less than 5 minutes I could book two in J on the same flight from IAD to CDG.

Why do you post this stuff?

RESULT:

Some details would be helpful. Booked at 100,000 miles each? Last minute or in the future? DL or partners? Good flight and connection times?
Old May 18, 2010, 3:34 pm

September
100,000 each
in J
AF
Great flight times.
Direct flights

The awards are there.......

Originally Posted by vatraveler
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Some details would be helpful. Booked at 100,000 miles each? Last minute or in the future? DL or partners? Good flight and connection times?
Old May 18, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

September
100,000 each
in J
AF
Great flight times.
Direct flights

The awards are there.......
Exact details, please. What setting did you use? I'm seeing only Med/High outbound and one single low date, Sept. 7, inbound.

Edited to add: I see, you have to ignore that the outbound says medium and continue onward to get the 100K fare. Of course, that's not very intuitive, and it's unlikely that many dates will give you this. Also, where are the DL flights at 100K?

Also, my aim, Asia, continues to give only medium dates, and ups it to higher than that when you click through. Sorry, still useless from my point of view.

Last edited by PaulMSN; May 18, 2010 at 3:52 pm
Old May 18, 2010, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Exact details, please. What setting did you use?
Well I guess if he could waste 36 man hours (oops 42) I can waste a couple of more minutes. Very good that he and his six friends don't work for me.....

Out on the 7th of September and back on the 15th. These were the first and only dates I picked. Succeeded on first try......

Feel free to try it on your end.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; May 18, 2010 at 3:59 pm
Old May 18, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by PaulMSN

Edited to add: I see, you have to ignore that the outbound says medium and continue onward to get the 100K fare. Of course, that's not very intuitive, and it's unlikely that many dates will give you this. Also, where are the DL flights at 100K.
Same happens for KL/AF flights ex-YYZ.
Calendar goes yellow/red if "show Delta only" selected...

eagerly anticipating the roll out of more tools
Old May 18, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I do like the IT Improvements...

It seems that the Delta IT people have actually been working lately... I like the new IT changes. Some may just be aesthetic, but the site does look a lot better and flows a lot smoother...
Old May 18, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Well I guess if he could waste 36 man hours (oops 42) I can waste a couple of more minutes. Very good that he and his six friends don't work for me.....

Out on the 7th of September and back on the 15th. These were the first and only dates I picked. Succeeded on first try......

Feel free to try it on your end.
but this is AF metal not DL metal.
does AF fly to asia from USA?
Old May 18, 2010, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
but this is AF metal not DL metal.
does AF fly to asia from USA?
Last time I checked, CDG is in .......Paris.

I simply picked two of the cited examples of NO availability. There was no disclaimer that it had to be DL metal only and to be honest, who cares. It is a direct flight in J using 100k per ticket.

And I did not spend 42 hours looking.......
Old May 18, 2010, 4:35 pm

Last time I checked, CDG is in .......Paris.

I simply picked two of the cited examples of NO availability. There was no disclaimer that it had to be DL metal only and to be honest, who cares. It is a direct flight in J using 100k per ticket.

And I did not spend 42 hours looking.......
no one claims that the availability for AF flight is not there.
it has always been there and can be found. but not everyone is living near a AF airport. most people in US are near a DL airport and require low DL connecting flight to get a low award to europe. count yourself lucky if you live in WAS area. and you should certainly stay with DL.
Old May 18, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I really can't tell the difference, the process is somewhat different but I still coundn't find any meaningful availability. For example, searching by calendar I couldn't find a single low date in either Y or J from now until the end of the year IAD-IST.
The search engine is the software searching for non-existent award tickets.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I really can't tell the difference, the process is somewhat different but I still coundn't find any meaningful availability. For example, searching by calendar I couldn't find a single low date in either Y or J from now until the end of the year IAD-IST.
Try searching by schedule. If you see an AF flight displayed, then it's available at the low level since they don't offer mid and high level awards. Checking random dates IAD-IST, in J, outbound is available 8/18, with a return on 9/1. If you have access to EF, you can also see just how many J award seats are available for a particular flight.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:05 pm

i just try pek to mnl and log on as a plat and i am travelling
it is green on both out bound and inbound. and it shows 40000 miles + cash
what a joke.

did they fix it to make it worst?
Old May 18, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by kb1992
Not a single low to Shanghai for next 330 days.

This is all smoke, or window dressing.

Does DL management think that we are fools and treat us as such?
Thanks for posting.

You saved me the trouble, and frustration of checking myself.

Farce...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.