Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down

Not a single low to Shanghai for next 330 days.

This is all smoke, or window dressing.

Does DL management think that we are fools and treat us as such?
Old May 18, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
DL management appears to have solved the problems with the award calendar... its gone (i.e., the calendar).

Thought I'd test the increased availability, but the option for scheduling award travel does not even appear on the web site.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
None of my samples spread out over 6 months have changed. Some still show low, but price out as medium or high.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Noticed tons of availability JFK-BRU for July, if anyone is looking to get across the pond. Both DL nonstops and tons of KLM connectings....odd...someone must have pushed a wrong button or something...
Old May 18, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Clicking the back button once viewing the award calendar tends to cause it to spazz out and the entire bottom half of the of the search screen disappears.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Observations:

1. The Start over button seems to frequenly lose the entered dates from the previous search so if I want to go back and change times or fare basis I have to re-enter the dates.
2. Award search returns for multi-stop flts seem to be invalid. (e.g. showing 62,500 miles for a domestic coach iten). I first observed this only when AS connections are involved but now I'm seeing them on all DL flt itens. (search is DFW-GEG out on 7/25 - return on 7/31).
3. AS segments seem to no longer appear on the searches at all - same search as above inlcluded AS in the morning when I made a report in an earlier thread.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
None of my samples spread out over 6 months have changed. Some still show low, but price out as medium or high.
SMI - its time to ask - is this 'it' for the week? I think you know a lot of us have been waiting for a real improvement in the usefulness of Skymiles and were hanging our hat on your comment from last week. I have a feeling that a lot of us are going to be very dissapointed.

I'm sorry to say that my searches have gone from a sea of yellow with a green dot or two to no green at all today. So far the only changes in the bottom line (what I get for my miles) is less green (low) and even awards at new higher prices.

If that's 'it' for the week I think many of us are going to have to start thinking about a next move.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Nothing really changes

Other than being able to determine there are no still low level BE flights available from the home page, I can find nothing of value to this alleged change.

Of course the seat maps shows NO seats being occupied in any of the flights I checked so there must be a multitude of pax waiting for seat assignments

Cheers
Old May 18, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by kahuna613
Noticed tons of availability JFK-BRU for July, if anyone is looking to get across the pond. Both DL nonstops and tons of KLM connectings....odd...someone must have pushed a wrong button or something...
Interesting, Oct shows med and high only for DAY-BRU.

Cheers
Old May 18, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
What has changed really?

I tried J SAN/CDG for next 4 months. Almost no green, mostly orange and red.
When selecting a random orange (my understanding is lowTATL costs 100k, medium 150k and high 200k, am I correct?) I get 275K ... what does it even correspond to? Where does 275k come from? Even high should not be that price, right?

I don't get it. SMI, can you give exact details of the changes implemented last night, and what is still to come?
Old May 18, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Missed expectations

As VGB2001 suggests, SMI, it might be of value to describe the proposed changes and timing Skymiles is planning related to the Awards Search Engine enhancements.

It obvious in reading through this thread that the posters were expecting changes to both the GUI and the actual awards levels/availability.

As an example; in Late May, certain programming changes would be made. Hypothetically, in June, other programming changes, in July, increased Low tier awards to Asia etc.

If this level of communication has occurred, I haven't seen it. Just "broad" references to "improvements".

If this transparency were in place, I think there would be fewer posts on this topic (and possibly, more favorable) for you to read through
Old May 18, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by gt_croz
Did a sample search for ATL-CDG in J. Found two days that said "Low" and tried to book.

The price ended up being 275K
What seems to be the problem? Delta considers that low relative to some of the other award prices it presents you with...
Old May 18, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
The calendar is still broken, even for domestic awards. Choosing dates that show Medium outbound and Low return (and then only because it's within the Redemption Fee period ), the only choices returned are at the Medium level.

Lipstick.
Old May 18, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL FO
SMI, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but can y'all please allow the award search engine to accept "NYC" as an airport code so it can automatically search JFK, LGA and EWR? That way we won't have to waste time doing multiple searches.
Old May 18, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Ok, some better details...

I do a random search for award availability:
SFO-CDG, in Y on dates in June...Get a high number, so I access the calendar, which shows medium for 6/1 and low for 6/7.
So, I select June 1 departure and June 7 return, click continue, and get a resulting quote of 107,500 miles.
Confused, I click the calendar feature again, and sure enough, it still shows the same thing as before.
Click continue again, expecting to see 107,500 miles again, but I don't...Now it's showing 92,500 miles.
Again confused (and slightly hopeful that if I keep going back to the calendar I'll eventually see the 75k that I'm expecting), I go back to the calendar (which still looks like this).
Click continue again, and I get 107,500 again, but with different flights.

I give up..
DL if you can figure out what happened in the sequence of events described above, you may be a step closer to fixing your award calendar.

Last edited by GBadger; May 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.