Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A new World Record even for DL SM. THIS is "best in class" alright!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new World Record even for DL SM. THIS is "best in class" alright!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 7:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by kb1992
Yes, in general CO treats average flyers better.

But numerous posts by CO Plats and UA 1Ks say that UA treats its top tier elites much better.
I'm not 1K but from what I've heard, I'm ready to believe that UA 1K and AA EXP are top of the heap for service and benefits.

And let's use the same logic regarding merger outcomes for top tier elites. If UA keeps the worse of the top-tier options i.e. OP Plat, then those of us who are OP PE don't notice any difference. It's gotten better recently anyway, with the SWUs.

And if we transition to the UA system, well, for those of us who fly the 100k -probably a lot of us who are CO PE - it's going to be better. Life as a 1K must be almost as good as WP PE was!

The merger outcomes would have to be extremely bad to, for example, result in the UA website presenting a demand for 635,000 miles for a PHL-FCO redemption, not all of which is in J. Can you imagine the outcry over on UA if this suddenly appeared on UA.COM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.