Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Volcanic Ash over Europe ... update May 8th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM

Was on the MSP-AMS flight departed MSP at 3.20pm on May 7th and scheduled arrival at AMS on May 8th was 6.35am. We finally arrived at 7.40am May 8th.
AMS-BOM Flight was uneventful.
Due to the volcanic ash re-activity - our flight route was changed and another 60+minutes of flying time added.
A French TV channel was mentioning that the volcanic ask activity was expected to worsen, and Spain and France were likely to get affected.

Am now in BOM and will be travelling back BOM-AMS-MSP on May 14th.

Will be looking for updates here .... anxiously.
If anyone should see or hear any updates please post.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by dd1612
Will be looking for updates here .... anxiously.
If anyone should see or hear any updates please post.
Indeed; trans-atlantic was a mess today. Out of BRU, flights were going either nearly polar or south to Spain and across via the Azores. Either way, adding several hours in each direction. BRU-JFK clocked in at 9:13 takeoff to final!

It doesn't help that JFK is also a disaster this evening due to winds, so lots of very unhappy pax. 155 (LAX-JFK) just returned to the gate and dumped all the pax thanks to the new 3-hour rule. What a great win that was.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:46 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erasmus
It doesn't help that JFK is also a disaster this evening due to winds, so lots of very unhappy pax. 155 (LAX-JFK) just returned to the gate and dumped all the pax thanks to the new 3-hour rule. What a great win that was.
Ouch! DL155 is now boarding (at 11:45pm) with an estimated departure time of 1:30am and an ETA in LAX of 5:11am (originally scheduled for a 10:50pm arrival). Not fun at all...
Old May 8, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by TTT
Ouch! DL155 is now boarding (at 11:45pm)
Only according to the web. Everyone's just standing around at the gate with no agents or crew to be seen. I expect they're trying to find enough folks still legal to fly it---will be shocked if they succeed.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
MSP to AMS 244 was delayed two and a half hours tonight, waiting for the TATL inbound flight and expecting a longer than usual outbound back to AMS. Since this was the replacement trip for the last time the volcano was acting up, we weren't overly enthusiastic about the delay.

Oddly, though, the DL agent gave me and my boy a gate pass so that we could get through security and hang out with my husband who was flying tonight. Had a grand old time shopping and then hanging out in the SkyClub.
Old May 9, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: DL DM
In FCO right now...DL241 initially to depart at 10.50, then delayed to 13.45, and now 17.45. Might be booking an extra hotel night. My guess is it is going to cancel, as well as most TATL flights from Europe. Sweet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.