Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost dog... ouch.

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I was more disturbed still to review just how many pets/animals die every year on commercial carriers.

Delta alone has had hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. I was shocked to see how many pets are killed or injured by airlines.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:16 pm

Thai Airways took my 2 - 75 pound dogs from LAX-BKK for $438 total. They arrived safely and seemed perfectly fine after that short 15 1/2 hour flight. The Thai Airways staff at LAX and BKK were wonderful and went above and beyond to make the process as easy as possible. Too bad the others can't learn from Thai.
Old May 7, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta, American, Qantas, HAL, Starwood,
well that sucks
Old May 11, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Delta loses doggie on flight from Mexico City

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/delt...=cmg_cntnt_rss

Unbelievable!!!
Old May 11, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
I read about this yesterday, so wouldn't be surprised if it's posted already (Andy??? ), but a heartbreaking story. Yes, they should have never attempted to adopt the dog from Mexico. There are probably plenty of wonderful dogs at their local shelter who need rescuing. But, as the owner of a rescue dog who recently flew her on DL in the belly for the first time (and was on edge the entire flight _ who knew I'd worry more about me than the dog!), I'm horrified. I told my girlfriend today _ our dog flies nonstop ONLY.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Apologize if it was posted earlier, I'm not on the Delta forums as much. I checked a few pages and didn't see it.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
I can’t believe they refused the $200 in vouchers.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:09 pm
tmf

Programs: DL PM | Kimpton IC | IHG RA | HH Diamond
Dead dog

I think the dog is dead. It would be hard for DL to misplace a dog crate with all of their improved baggage tracking. The dog dies, and they won't tell the media.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:14 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
This has been posted earlier, though I didn't bother to look for it.

Originally Posted by number21
I can’t believe they refused the $200 in vouchers.
Huh? You aren't serious, are you?

They paid $200 in CASH for the extra fee to transport the dog. There is no way in the world I would accept $200 in vouchers to replace the cash I paid for the lost luggage. Then there is the compensation for the kennel and the lost dog.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by tmf
they won't tell the media.
Delta [Jeff Bertram, GM for Baggage Service Recovery] took initiative and shared this issue on Delta's blog site:

Traveling Safely With Pets
Old May 11, 2010, 9:53 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Delta [Jeff Bertram, GM for Baggage Service Recovery] took initiative and shared this issue on Delta's blog site:

Traveling Safely With Pets
Took initiative? It is called Damage Control. Too much bad press about Delta that they had to make a statement.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
This is a perfect example as to how Delta fails at Social Media, it took them nearly a week to respond to this.

That is what happens when you let your legal team run your social media team, and or your company has non consumer friendly policies.
http://blog.delta.com/2010/05/11/tra...ely-with-pets/
Old May 11, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by fti
Huh? You aren't serious, are you?

They paid $200 in CASH for the extra fee to transport the dog. There is no way in the world I would accept $200 in vouchers to replace the cash I paid for the lost luggage. Then there is the compensation for the kennel and the lost dog.
Well …… technically speaking it was 2 vouchers @ $200 – so we are talking about $400 here.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:35 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number21
Well …… technically speaking it was 2 vouchers @ $200 – so we are talking about $400 here.
If it were my dog, it could be 10 x $200 vouchers and I probably would not accept it. My acceptance of the vouchers would imply my agreement with the settlement offer. Sorry. I would not let any airline off so easy.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:36 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
This is a perfect example as to how Delta fails at Social Media, it took them nearly a week to respond to this.

That is what happens when you let your legal team run your social media team, and or your company has non consumer friendly policies.
http://blog.delta.com/2010/05/11/tra...ely-with-pets/
The link was already posted in post #25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.