Delta Skymiles Credit using AF

Old May 7, 10, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Angry Delta Skymiles Credit using AF

I recently took a trip using AF, and the mileage credit to my account with Delta showed up as (No credit - Free Ticket) used on the AF sectors.

I have never had this issue before, and being that paid close to $1300 for the tickets I am confused. Will be faxing in boarding info to DL for the mileage credit correction along side the Orbits receipt once back...

Anyone else had a smilar issue with mileage not showing up with DL using Skyteam or showing up incorrectly?
Old May 7, 10, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Did you book the ticket through AF, and what fare class did you fly on AF? It looks like everything but L,N,O,G,X should earn miles. AF has to send the ticket data to Delta, so it sounds like the screw up would be on AF's end since Delta processes based on the city pairs and fare class that they're told.
Old May 7, 10, 7:54 am
Original Poster

I just looked at booking on DL in my account it is showing class N on AF.. but going to AF's website it show class N is an award economy class ticket??
Old May 7, 10, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Yup, that would be why you aren't getting credit. DL has the wrong data from your ticket. Does your AF boarding pass/ticket info say what class it is? Since you paid $1300 it obviously isn't an award ticket.
Old May 7, 10, 8:15 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
'N' class on AF is not an award class, it is discount economy and is not eligible to earn DL skymiles. If you did indeed purchase N class then faxing in your boarding passes will not accomplish anything.
Old May 7, 10, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.. I will have check everything out once back..
Old May 9, 10, 1:55 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold
This is an easy trap to fall into as some of AF's cheaper economy fare classes do not (and have not for a while now) receive any FF/MQM credit on DL. This issue can be avoided by booking the AF segments as a codeshare through DL, which will assign you a DL fare class (usually L/U/T) that will definitely earn FF/MQM miles.
Old May 9, 10, 2:12 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Bronze + other less precious metals
There are many threads on this issue. It's simple: the lowest fare classes on AF (N is one of them) do NOT earn any miles on DL SM I'm afraid.

It's all very clearly posted here:
http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php#AF

Clearly this was mistakenly labelled as an award ticket but the bottom line is the same.

Just out of curiosity, which route has a $1300 "N" fare?!
Old May 9, 10, 8:42 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I looked at an intra-Europe AF flight recently. $400+ for an N class ticket. $400 was bad enough, but no miles?? SAS got paid instead and I saved about $70.
Old May 9, 10, 8:45 am

As was mentioned the easiest solution to the problem is booking a DL codeshare. That gets both the miles and AF flight.
Old May 9, 10, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca View Post
As was mentioned the easiest solution to the problem is booking a DL codeshare. That gets both the miles and AF flight.
Hard to do if one is not O/D in the USA.
Old May 9, 10, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
I looked at an intra-Europe AF flight recently. $400+ for an N class ticket. $400 was bad enough, but no miles?? SAS got paid instead and I saved about $70.
Good call. But how many miles did that SK ticket yield? I would guess no more than 25%, which is what you earn on FB for N class. And that's the benchmark for AF, within Europe.
Old May 9, 10, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca View Post
Yes, but not ALL AF flights are codeshared by DL!
Old May 9, 10, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974 View Post
Good call. But how many miles did that SK ticket yield? I would guess no more than 25%, which is what you earn on FB for N class. And that's the benchmark for AF, within Europe.
Better than 0. And $70 savings.
Old May 9, 10, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
Better than 0. And $70 savings.
Yes, I agree, for your particular circumstance (i.e. DL SM member), this makes sense. That's why I said "good call" :-)

I was just pointing out that, in general, AF does not benchmark on DL SM earnings, but rather on its own FB earnings where N earns 25%. Same - I believe - as the lowest fares on SK EB.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: