FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Not feeling the Diamond Love (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1082503-not-feeling-diamond-love.html)

bkmn May 6, 2010 10:21 pm

Not feeling the Diamond Love

While it is good to hear of others on FT that have gotten an extra 500 miles for being stuck in a middle seat in coach or a free drink coupon when they checked in for a flight they didn't get upgraded or those who get a shout out from the Lead FA to thank them for flying Delta, I have yet to experience any of these things.

I've flown with PMNW and PMDL crews and have never gotten any of the above love.

Flew home in Y tonight on a DL DC9 and it was cramped. No love shown, no recognition of my Diamond status.

What am I doing wrong? Not going to be upgraded on my Monday flight to DEN from MSP either.

Never gotten a bonus for sitting in a middle seat in coach, no free drink coupons on my boarding pass, no recognition by any employee of how much I fly Delta.

Why does Delta give some flyers the love and others are not given anything?

AndyTLe May 6, 2010 10:32 pm

Bonus for middle seat is on Mondays only. You need to wear your Diamond Medallion tags around you neck (though I would suggest tattooing it as well).

HWGeeks May 6, 2010 10:32 pm

Because they also have your FT name and print out that you put " DL Devalued DM "

aviatorzz May 6, 2010 10:39 pm

If you check in on line and actually print out the boarding passes on the 8.5x11 piece of paper (online only benefit), the coupon appears on there (snack/drink) and the 500 miles is a monday only benefit.

I have never once been thanked for being a DM while sitting in coach this year. I don't personally care if someone comes back and thanks me. Its a nice touch, but especially on short flights, that isn't and shouldn't be in their top priority as I am not the only person on the flight.

zz

bkmn May 7, 2010 6:02 am

Originally Posted by aviatorzz (Post 13914459)
If you check in on line and actually print out the boarding passes on the 8.5x11 piece of paper (online only benefit), the coupon appears on there (snack/drink) and the 500 miles is a monday only benefit.

I have never once been thanked for being a DM while sitting in coach this year. I don't personally care if someone comes back and thanks me. Its a nice touch, but especially on short flights, that isn't and shouldn't be in their top priority as I am not the only person on the flight.

zz

I always check in online and print out my BP but have never seen the coupon. Could using Firefox and AdBlocker be an issue with the coupon not showing up? Might have to try using Chrome or IE to check in next time and see if that makes a difference.

xliioper May 7, 2010 6:06 am

Originally Posted by bkmn (Post 13915408)
I always check in online and print out my BP but have never seen the coupon. Could using Firefox and AdBlocker be an issue with the coupon not showing up? Might have to try using Chrome or IE to check in next time and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, your adblocker is probably the issue. I believe Delta serves the coupon up via a Doubleclick server.

jbcarioca May 7, 2010 7:50 am

It is so sad that love can be so cheaply bought. If we're on the same plane I'll send a drink back to you, OK? You'll recognize me by my FT tags.

EVA777 May 7, 2010 8:05 am

Almost no love here either. Nothing in Y and 1 for 22 in F saying thank you for being a diamond. I really don't care. I just want the upgrade, but I had more recognition as a plat than a diamond.

The only ground love I have had is from the BOS skyclub and gate agents.

TPA_813 May 7, 2010 8:13 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The FA normally does a PA thanking everyone for the business and normally the will say edpecially the dia,plat, etc... Are you expecting something more? I normally thank them (FA's) for the service and try to always say thanks to the pilot(for getting me safely to point B) when getting off the plane.

Jomonga May 7, 2010 8:14 am

When I was GS with United the FA's always said hello and thanked me. Many times the pilots would greet me as well. My upgrade percentage as a DM is higher than when I was GS with United.

PepeBorja May 7, 2010 8:31 am

I have been approached twice for personal thanks/etc and both on flights to/from Mexico. Kind of embarrasing for everyone involved, really. I am a DM flying on $LUT fares, no big spender.

I am 100% on UGs as a DM but then my routes are the easy MSP-CLT. When I was doing MSP-BOS last year I used all of my PMUs to get to fly up front. I suggest you do the same. Book the flight and put yourself on the list. That's the only way to use them SWUs when flying solo.

oldtirednbusy May 7, 2010 9:15 am

Tired of whining

Geeeeeeeshhhhhh!!

What is it with the need to be publicly recognized.
As an EP I was recognized once in 3 years by a FA. That was before I even knew I had the designation. I don't want or need public recognition.
There are so many DMs (thanks to the low requirements and giveaways and no rollovers) that the FA would be spending their day thanking instead of doing their job.
Most of the EPs I knew did not want to be recognized, they just enjoyed the excellent EP line service and the upgrades that almost always cleared of their Y fares.

If you must be recognized I agree with the poster that recommended a tattoo. Be sure and put it in a prominent place so it will be noticed.

I usually do not rant like this and unfortunately for the OP this hit me on a day that I have already heard enough whining.:rolleyes:

fly747first May 7, 2010 9:37 am

Originally Posted by bkmn (Post 13914375)
While it is good to hear of others on FT that have gotten an extra 500 miles for being stuck in a middle seat in coach or a free drink coupon when they checked in for a flight they didn't get upgraded or those who get a shout out from the Lead FA to thank them for flying Delta, I have yet to experience any of these things.

I've flown with PMNW and PMDL crews and have never gotten any of the above love.

Flew home in Y tonight on a DL DC9 and it was cramped. No love shown, no recognition of my Diamond status.

What am I doing wrong? Not going to be upgraded on my Monday flight to DEN from MSP either.

Never gotten a bonus for sitting in a middle seat in coach, no free drink coupons on my boarding pass, no recognition by any employee of how much I fly Delta.

Why does Delta give some flyers the love and others are not given anything?

How exactly did you get stuck on a middle seat? All Medallion members can get the exit rows assigned in advance. Now, if you booked the flight at the last minute and there was nothing else available, you didn't expect Delta to take away an exit row seat from another Diamond member to give it to you, did you? Although, to be fair, before DL merged with NW, some NW flyers posted stories of Worldperks Plat members arriving to the airport late and forcing gate agents to take away upgrades from Gold and Silver members.

RobOnLI May 7, 2010 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy (Post 13916269)
Geeeeeeeshhhhhh!!

What is it with the need to be publicly recognized.
As an EP I was recognized once in 3 years by a FA. That was before I even knew I had the designation. I don't want or need public recognition.
There are so many DMs (thanks to the low requirements and giveaways and no rollovers) that the FA would be spending their day thanking instead of doing their job.
Most of the EPs I knew did not want to be recognized, they just enjoyed the excellent EP line service and the upgrades that almost always cleared of their Y fares.

If you must be recognized I agree with the poster that recommended a tattoo. Be sure and put it in a prominent place so it will be noticed.

I usually do not rant like this and unfortunately for the OP this hit me on a day that I have already heard enough whining.:rolleyes:

Or maybe you're just old, tired and busy. Sorry, I couldn't resist :)
-RM

PepeBorja May 7, 2010 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 13916399)
How exactly did you get stuck on a middle seat?

Same thoughts. With DL, the whole front row is locked up for GAs to work with people with disabilities. If I have a bad seat I will spend a great deal of time talking to the GAs asking for a front row seat in coach, after all as a DM I must have some sort of brain damage flying each week :D