FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Air Lines A333 Business class experience question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1082488-delta-air-lines-a333-business-class-experience-question.html)

dereiziger May 6, 2010 8:40 pm

Delta Air Lines A333 Business class experience question

Hi There-

I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on what Delta has to offer for their Business Class on the A330-300. I have never flown them in Business Class and wondering what to expect. service, seats, amentities, etc. I am going to be flying them AMS - MSP in November....

Kind Regards,

DEC

3Cforme May 6, 2010 9:56 pm

Seat style is shown. Follow the links to dining and 'Intercontinental experience' for entertainment and wine.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...te/seating.jsp

doglover May 6, 2010 10:22 pm

The seats are great for some. Many find the surface slippery and uncomfortable. I prefer it over the 767 product.

What rocks is the AVOD. Since I rarely can sleep on a plane -- the big screen is terrific and movie selection is always pretty good.

Seats use the single plug -- so your bose headset will work without the adaptor which you will eventually forget and leave behind.

dereiziger May 7, 2010 7:35 am

Anyone else with personal experiences out there?

GenevaFlyer May 7, 2010 7:40 am

Originally Posted by dereiziger (Post 13915767)

Flew with them last week.

Seat is good, especially for a day flight. Food and wine is good. AVOD is good. Enjoyable flight overall, just missed the KLM house (as I was on a substituted flight).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Bicostal May 7, 2010 8:45 am

Originally Posted by dereiziger (Post 13915767)

Wednesday ATL-AMS in 1J. It was a NWA crew doing their fourth "no cart in the aisle" service. The lead asked me what I thought - I like it better. I wasn't impressed by the AVOD (no TV selections or I just missed them) but did manage two movies I hadn't seen yet. Had excellent service - told the FA that no matter what, I wanted a cup of coffee prior to landing and to wake me only for that. She delviered a HUGE styrofoam cup 30 minutes out - she got my first Delta Rewards this year. :)

I was impressed by the menu this month - the steak was about as good as it gets at 36,000 feet and the tuna appetizer was excellent. No crab cakes until July. The MacMurray Pinot is a nice selection - the Chateau St. Jean pedestrian but drinkable.

Arrived in AMS a few minutes late but still plenty of time to connect - KLM managed to lose my luggage :mad:- did my corporate speel in jeans - added a couple of slides depicting the woes of the frequent traveler - got a laugh. Bag showed up at the hotel this afternoon - leaving tomorrow morning - at least clean underwear and socks for the trip home. Wonder if KLM would do anything?

I like the A330 and would do it again but tomorrow its a 763 and a 757 BE.

pbarnette May 7, 2010 9:03 am

My thoughts:

> Seats: Decently comfortable. The incline is a bit steep when in lie-flat, but not really much worse than other seats of the type. For sitting, they are fine. Wish they were the fixed shell style, like with AF.

> AVOD: Okay. The screen size is decent, but I actually don't think the selection is anything special and have definitely been on flights where there was literally nothing I thought worth watching.

> Food: This used to be a major negative with NW, but the DL food ranges from good to sometimes excellent.

> Wine: Okay. The wines are one step above jug, like with most J products.

> Service: Usually pretty good.

> General interior: This depends. Some of the A330s are really showing their age with things like sagging seat-back pockets and broken bathroom fixtures.

> Amenity kit: Average. Korres is a great brand, but you only get a couple of small tubes of stuff and no gee whiz things thrown in. The case is pretty dull, but I find the inner mesh bags to be great to hold onto.

oldtirednbusy May 7, 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by doglover (Post 13914379)
The seats are great for some. Many find the surface slippery and uncomfortable. I prefer it over the 767 product.

What rocks is the AVOD. Since I rarely can sleep on a plane -- the big screen is terrific and movie selection is always pretty good.

Seats use the single plug -- so your bose headset will work without the adaptor which you will eventually forget and leave behind.

Ditto on the AVOD!

fly747first May 7, 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by dereiziger (Post 13913954)
Hi There-

I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on what Delta has to offer for their Business Class on the A330-300. I have never flown them in Business Class and wondering what to expect. service, seats, amentities, etc. I am going to be flying them AMS - MSP in November....

Kind Regards,

DEC

Be happy, the A333 J seats are way better than those on the B763 fleet.

cheesehoops May 7, 2010 9:34 am

I flew the A333 in first from ATL-HNL and back last month. It wasn't Business Elite so I can only comment on the seats an AVOD.

> Seats: While comfortable, I found myself slipping at times even when sitting up unless I positioned the chair in a certain angle. The portion where you actually sit in the seat isn't completely flat to accomodate the ability to adjust it into "lie flat" mode. It does have a foot rest which I liked and helped me from slipping as well. Overall I'd ride in these seats again.

> AVOD: I agree the screen size great and the positioning of the screen is also nice (it comes from center console between the seats instead of the chair back in front of you), but I found the selection surprizingly poor. Decent selection of movies, but I didn't like the music choices offered, I've soured on the trivia quickly (when it was available which wasn't often), and no HBO on demand. Since my flight was over water a bulk of the trip, no live TV either (I imagine MSP-AMS will have the same issue). I'm not even sure the A333s have been outfitted with satellite TV since most of their routes extend outside sat coverage. Overall, unless you're the type to get into several movies in one sitting or really like solitaire you'll need some backup entertainment for the rest of the 8+ hr flight.

mcmitchell May 7, 2010 10:13 am

Cheesehoops: Thanks for your review. I'm doing the same with run in July, with my wife, 5 kids and MIL. I'll make sure the kids bring backup entertainment.

cheesehoops May 7, 2010 10:36 am

Originally Posted by mcmitchell (Post 13916617)
Cheesehoops: Thanks for your review. I'm doing the same with run in July, with my wife, 5 kids and MIL. I'll make sure the kids bring backup entertainment.

No problem. Other than watching the first 10 minutes of Toy Story, AVOD didn't interest my 2 year old. The ability to go to Curious George on the laptop was a godsend.

Good luck with 5 kids. One was all my wife, my mom and I together could handle.

Delta-PM-Flyer May 7, 2010 11:05 am

Next time buy a suite! Turn in to KLM

Next time buy a suite! Turn in the receipt to KLM when you get to the airport and have them cut you a check right there. Happened to me no problem. Suite, shirt pants etc all paid for. Also, if you paid with AMEX you can turn into them if KLM will not pay!^

Originally Posted by Bicostal (Post 13916120)
Wednesday ATL-AMS in 1J. It was a NWA crew doing their fourth "no cart in the aisle" service. The lead asked me what I thought - I like it better. I wasn't impressed by the AVOD (no TV selections or I just missed them) but did manage two movies I hadn't seen yet. Had excellent service - told the FA that no matter what, I wanted a cup of coffee prior to landing and to wake me only for that. She delviered a HUGE styrofoam cup 30 minutes out - she got my first Delta Rewards this year. :)

I was impressed by the menu this month - the steak was about as good as it gets at 36,000 feet and the tuna appetizer was excellent. No crab cakes until July. The MacMurray Pinot is a nice selection - the Chateau St. Jean pedestrian but drinkable.

Arrived in AMS a few minutes late but still plenty of time to connect - KLM managed to lose my luggage :mad:- did my corporate speel in jeans - added a couple of slides depicting the woes of the frequent traveler - got a laugh. Bag showed up at the hotel this afternoon - leaving tomorrow morning - at least clean underwear and socks for the trip home. Wonder if KLM would do anything?

I like the A330 and would do it again but tomorrow its a 763 and a 757 BE.

Bicostal May 7, 2010 12:14 pm

Thought of that - if it happens again, I'll make sure to do that. In the meantime I have a travel story, some nice new slides to use, and at least one or two folks who will remember me a few years down the road as the suit with jeans. At my age, no worries - I have enough grey har to look credible regardless....but I do think KLM needs to share the moment. And tomorrow morning I am at TXL with the question...If it came on the 10 pm flight, why didn't my bag show up for 12 hours from 10 miles and 20 Euro taxi away? There is a womn there who will learn that this dumb American isn't dumb or American.

rhodeweary May 7, 2010 1:10 pm

A330

I've done BOS-AMS and return twice on the A330 in biz. I like the ride. AVOD is great. Service was good enough - nothing to rave about - and as usual, with a couple of really friendly attentive FAs and one or two who weren't having a good day. Food was above average; wine was uninspiring. I *MUCH* prefer an A330 over the 767 - in just about any case ... and esp with Delta.