Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Questions about missing mileage/segments

Old May 6, 2010, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Hello - in all of my years of flying, I have never had a missing mileage credit (knock on wood). I flew MCO-ATL-DAY on 5/2 and noticed that the ATL-DAY segment and mileage did not post. I submitted the missing mileage request form and received a canned reply asking me to fax in my boarding pass and ticket. I book my business travel through AmEx Travel and don't have the original ticket nor the boarding pass.

Questions: what is a common reason that my second leg didn't post? Does that mean that according to Delta I wasn't on the flight? I was surprised that I received the canned response since I though Delta could look at their records and notice that I was on board.

Is there a place to see previous itineraries on Delta.com other than what is posting to my account?

What info should I request from AmEx so that I can fax/mail the info to Delta?

I have noticed that on the itineraries and boarding pass, the passenger name has concatenated my first name and middle initial, but it is not like that in my profile. Is that a Delta issue or an AmEx travel issue? Neither have been helpful in resolving this. This hasn't caused issues with TSA (yet), but I am concerned that this might have attributed to the missing mileage and the fact that I can't search itineraries on Delta.com by using the Itineraries & Check-In link under the Traveling & Check-in menu in the middle of the page, I have to use the drop down list on the left of the page under the Itineraries & Check-in tab.

I am going to call the elite line again (first time was too long on hold) but wondered since I will be at the airport this afternoon is it possible that I could get better service from the SkyClub?

TIA
Old May 6, 2010, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Just got off the phone with Delta and they mentioned that the names are concatanated on purpose, so there isn't an issue. They still couldn't help me with not being able to see the itineraries correctly on Delta.com. Anyone else having that issue? I am on my way to check the Delta.com bug thread.

Secondly, the second flight of my trip has not be closed out yet. The agent couldn't figure out why that was but I will get credit for the flight as soon as the flight is closed out. Are there reasons for the flight to stay open like that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.