Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Snail-mail written request just to get a receipt for a hidden fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW

Last month, I booked a DL flight LAX-City-LAX. Right before the trip, I learned that I needed to attend a meeting in NY at the end of my visit to City.

I called Delta to change my trip and accommodate the visit to NY. They quoted me a difference in fare of $350, which I paid on the spot.

I'm now doing my expenses from the trip. Turns out, the confirmation DL e-mailed me for this change came out to around $300. In addition to that, my Amex also showed a $50 charge from DL.

I called the Elite desk to figure out the cost breakdown and get some sort of receipt so I can document the $50 spend and actually be reimbursed for it. The helpful agent informed me that DL adds a $50 fee whenever they have to reissue a ticket booked from a (corporate, in my case) travel agency. OK...

When I asked for a receipt of this fee, the agent put me on hold for a while before telling me that I had to submit a written request for an ERC (whatever that is) to a Delta mailbox in Atlanta with my name, ticket number, and details of my flight. I'm sure that the requisite 4-6 week waiting period is in effect here.

Can this possibly be accurate? There's no documentation of this undisclosed charge that DL can just e-mail me? Sounds pretty strange to me.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
As far as I know there is no "seperate" receipt for this transaction. It is usually bundled in with the fare difference along with taxes and such. Seems that you would see this somewhere on your orginal receipt. YMMV
Old May 5, 2010, 4:04 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
It should be a line item on your new eticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.