Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do flight from Hawaii to mainland qulify for upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam

I flew NRT>HNL>LAX>NRT in May. I assumed the HNL>LAX portion would qualify for an upgrade, since it was domestic flight. When I asked Delta agent if I am on standby for upgrade, she told me that flights from Hawaii to the mainland do not qualify for upgrades. Is this true?
Old May 4, 2010, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
The agent is correct - flights to Hawaii are not currently eligible for EUAs of any sort - you have to use miles/PMUs for these flights.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:07 pm

depending on your fare class, you prob wont be able to use it on HNL - LAX segment anyways since its booked in INTL intinery, so its all or nothing (upgrade from M using miles all the way, or nothing at all the whole way).

I had this issue from LAX-HNL-NRT previously, whith a 16 hour layover in HNL, but couldnt convice lax rep to do it at check in. I ended up in F due to irops with a cancelled 2pm flight, so got upped to F on the 6pm flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.