C meal service timing ATL->NRT

Old May 3, 10, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM
C meal service timing ATL->NRT

I'll be flying the ATL->NRT soon and I was wondering what the timing of meal service is in C for this route. Take off is 1:55pm, landing is 4:55pm, 14 hrs en route.

I am trying to have a rough plan for sleeping and the meals timing might affect this a bit.

Thanks, FT.
Old May 4, 10, 12:15 am

Programs: AS/MVPG DL/GM2MM UA/1K
Delta serves first meal right after take off within 1hour of take off for first meal service and mid flight snacks really mid of cruise and 2nd meal is served 1.5 hour prior to touch down regardless of class for all TPAC flights.
Old May 4, 10, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Just flew BE DTW-NRT. The new BE service was great. The first meal was so filling, I slept right through the midflight snack (actually slept about 7 hrs!) Pre-landing was the asian or breakfast choice.
Old May 4, 10, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Thanks! I've not done TPAC yet, so this helps. How significant is the mid-flight snack?
Old May 4, 10, 11:26 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by angra View Post
Thanks! I've not done TPAC yet, so this helps. How significant is the mid-flight snack?
Mid-flight snack is usually a choice of Soba noodles or IIRC a Sandwich (?). I usually choose the noodles obviously...
Old May 4, 10, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
I did ATL-NRT-MNL and MNL-NGO-DTW-ATL last week. The food service started shortly after take off. They anticipated a higher amount of japanese guest in BE and asked the majority of passengers to switch but most were not willing. Sat up in 74A and 73A. Great service bothways, great captain, tour of the plane.

I don't even remember a mid flight snack, just the breakfast upon arrival, at 4pm, which made me laugh. The sky club in NRT was GREAT, showers, and tons of iMACS to use throughout the club.
Old May 5, 10, 9:26 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Astriker View Post
I did ATL-NRT-MNL and MNL-NGO-DTW-ATL last week. The food service started shortly after take off. They anticipated a higher amount of japanese guest in BE and asked the majority of passengers to switch but most were not willing. Sat up in 74A and 73A. Great service bothways, great captain, tour of the plane.

I don't even remember a mid flight snack, just the breakfast upon arrival, at 4pm, which made me laugh. The sky club in NRT was GREAT, showers, and tons of iMACS to use throughout the club.
And don't forget the plates and plates and plates of sushi.

Those long flights are all challenged, in regards to meal type and timing. With a 14hr flight going half-way around the world, sunrise/sunset get kinda strange. I figure they just plan on dinner to start, and breakfast to finish, no matter what time start/finish are, for the local time.
Old May 8, 10, 11:13 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by sbagdon View Post
And don't forget the plates and plates and plates of sushi.

Those long flights are all challenged, in regards to meal type and timing. With a 14hr flight going half-way around the world, sunrise/sunset get kinda strange. I figure they just plan on dinner to start, and breakfast to finish, no matter what time start/finish are, for the local time.
How could I forget the sushi

I was just happy to get a meal, sit upstairs , and arrive early. Agree. Such a long flight, serving breakfast after people sleep made sense.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: