Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What special livery would you like to see for Delta?

What special livery would you like to see for Delta?

Old May 3, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
They should paint Calvin peeing on a SkyMiles AmEx card.
Old May 3, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mkenwayx

I'd love to see the retro liveries as US has done, changing just the tail. They should give only 1 to each DL (old widget) and NW (? the old plain red tail is dumb, so either bowling shoe tail or most recent), to keep the number of special ones out there limited given . Then Herman of course and the Western W. Any others?
I haven't read the full thread so maybe this has already been posted, but -- each of the legacies last paint jobs --
NW, Western, Chicago and Southern, PanAm, Southern, Republic, North Central, and I know there are more.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:51 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jazzop
I'll vote for anything in polished aluminum. It's such a shame to paint airplanes at all.

....as diagnosed by celebrities?
No as diagnosed by medical professionals. I happen to have a child who is Autistic and it is no laughing matter. I just sat through a 3 hour meeting with the school district deciding what is placement should be for next year.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by florin
What about Calvin peeing on SkyMiles?
No.
Old May 4, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Why stop there? They could have a "Tribute to Jawjah" livery with the Calvin-peeing sticker, Confederate flag, "Hunker Down" written across the underside of the wings, tobacco-juice streaks descending from the cockpit window, and rubber testicles dangling from the tail cone.

Last edited by Jazzop; May 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Old May 4, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
ROFLMAO!!! (Rubber testicles? WTH!)
Old May 5, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by seminole_kev
A giant, flying Biscoff....
^^
Old May 5, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
What about the sports teams they sponsor.
Old May 7, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Ok, I'll take the bait:

A 757-300 with Pinocchio on the tail with his nose strectching to the cockpit window with "Sky Miles - Best In Class" emblazoned across the fuselage.

I'm a big fan of understatement.
Old May 7, 2010, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
What about the sports teams they sponsor.
I think it would be great idea to see Minnesota Twins or Minnesota Vikings in the special scheme.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by N830MH
I think it would be great idea to see Minnesota Twins or Minnesota Vikings in the special scheme.
I like the idea of a Vikings livery. It might help molify some of us alientated midwesterners and (in light of the impending UA/CO merger), nothing screams "We're number 2!" quite like proudly displaying the purple.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by jiburi
How about Earth Day (or maybe Rainforest Preservation) theme. ..... Not too controversial.....and probably widely celebrated....

Waaay too ironic!
Old May 8, 2010, 9:58 am

How about featuring different charity organizations on different planes and then donating a % of revenue flown on that plane to the charity and/or taking up passenger collections on those flights? Choose maybe 4-6 different and each paint lasts for a year and then new groups are chosen. Let passengers vote online or on board for the groups they would like to see and majority rules.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by seminole_kev
A giant, flying Biscoff....
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Since they own DL, American Express.
Originally Posted by gitismatt
bring back Song
Originally Posted by jacksafar
I'd like to see a Coke Zero plane. All black with the wavy mirrored silver wave down the side. It'd be so awesome...
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Paint the standard livery upside down, just to confuse people.

If anyone asks, just tell them that is used in South America and Australia so that it will appear right side up in the southern hemisphere.
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Woodford Reserve or something funny like Kulula's.

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/will...an-infographic
Originally Posted by GoSpurs
How about a little self-promotion? Maybe one reinforcing the ease with which you can redeem your skymiles to many exciting destinations worldwide?
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'd like to see a 'fantasy' plane. Perhaps it could show an Award Calendar with a few 'Low' dates on it, or a bookable 100K BE itinerary to Europe.

Now that would be something!
Originally Posted by Sabai
Ok, I'll take the bait:

A 757-300 with Pinocchio on the tail with his nose strectching to the cockpit window with "Sky Miles - Best In Class" emblazoned across the fuselage.

I'm a big fan of understatement.
While online on the plane, this thread has me laughing out loud again and again! Thanks to the OP and all the good fun added amongst the serious responses. This by far is my favorite thread now.
^^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.