Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No miles after bump

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 10:12 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by sharkey
The issue is that Delta North always gave me miles for my original routing, (after a bump) regardlless of how I got to my destination. I was hoping that Delta would do the same. I was told no by the elite line. However, I was able to get my miles after sending an email.
Consider yourself lucky. Delta North did not give me miles for my original routing when I didn't fly the segment.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fti
Consider yourself lucky. Delta North did not give me miles for my original routing when I didn't fly the segment.
Nor should they have. OP got $400. OP apparently opted for the bump.

The problem is FF miles should be for MILES FLOWN....but that is a whole other issue. It is my take on part of what is wrong with FF programs in general.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I generally agree that MQM should only be give for flying. However Delta overbooked the flight. I volunteered to give up my seat for $400. If I hadnt, (and no one else seemed interested in staying in DTW overnight) someone else may have been kept off involuntarily. Since Delta overbooked the flight, I dont believe it is unreasonable for Delta to give the miles for the flight, since an IDB can make for an very unhappy customer.

Also, it was nice to get the same treatment that I have gotten in the past from Delta North.^
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sharkey
The issue is that Delta North always gave me miles for my original routing, (after a bump) regardlless of how I got to my destination. I was hoping that Delta would do the same. I was told no by the elite line. However, I was able to get my miles after sending an email.
They didn't for me when I was booked LAN-DTW-MSP; the first flight was way overbooked, I took VDB, got a $400 voucher and a bus ride to DTW (which arrived 10 minutes before my flight was scheduled to, so I caught the connection). I did not get mileage for the bus ride. (Though, I didn't know to ask about ORC, so it might have been possible.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.