Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Inventory Available But Not Upgraded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Inventory Available But Not Upgraded

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
What, exactly, did the phone agent say? The DL SMS agent can tell you, when you call, whether there are "early upgrade" seats available or not.

This should just be a "yes/no" issue.

I see that the flight has already passed... well, did you get upgrade? What were you on the list at the aiport?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Update

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
What, exactly, did the phone agent say? The DL SMS agent can tell you, when you call, whether there are "early upgrade" seats available or not.

This should just be a "yes/no" issue.

I see that the flight has already passed... well, did you get upgrade? What were you on the list at the aiport?
Just to update everyone, even those in the "drama" camp, I did get the upgrade, as did three others on the waitlist. In fact, they were trying to sell upgrades for the flight! Two seats went out empty.

As others have said, there never should've been a waitlist. The SMS agent that I spoke to indicated that he could see upgrade inventory available and would manually process the upgrade. Whether he actually did, or not, I did not actually get the upgrade until 30 min. prior to departure. So, seems like an IT issue with this one. C'est la vie.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Upgraded at Window w/o Seat Assignment

Title says it all. I was upgraded at my window, well actually a day before, for my Sat. am flight, but without a seat assignment. When I went to secure one, I got the message that all the seats were assigned but I would be given one at check-in. Anyone else had this happen? And, if so, was the outcome favorable, or not? Does this also mean, since this is the first flight of my itinerary, that I won't be able to do OLCI?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Upgraded at Window w/o Seat Assignment

That just means there is what they call a "hung seat" meaning its blocked because of a glitch and the airport will take care of it. Had it happen a few times. No big deal
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Looks like it might be an IT issue. Not surprised. EF shows three F seats are still available for purchase.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Interesting.... on United an elite upgrade + no seat assignment usually means the F cabin is oversold, usually as a result of an equipment substitution or IRROPS. You may very well be downgraded at check-in....
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by arkangel
Title says it all. I was upgraded at my window, well actually a day before, for my Sat. am flight, but without a seat assignment. When I went to secure one, I got the message that all the seats were assigned but I would be given one at check-in. Anyone else had this happen? And, if so, was the outcome favorable, or not? Does this also mean, since this is the first flight of my itinerary, that I won't be able to do OLCI?
This has happened to me a couple of times, always on a 757, because of the different configurations of this aircraft (DL has 757s with 22, 24 and 26 F seats). For whatever reason, they can't let you print your BP in advance; you have to get it at the airport. And, if you can't get it from a kiosk or the front counter (which has happened), they give you a BP which says something like "seat reservation card", which will enable you to get through the TSA to get out to the gate.

I ended up in the last row of F in the 757 each time.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: DAL-PM
Same thing just happened to me. Upgraded but seat map shows full. Travelnet says F seats still available. More concerning is the next flight shows cxld, but DL still shows it available to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.