Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Marriott, Hertz
I can tell you that my experience with the priority bags has worked well in both Tampa and Portland this week, so I believe that this perk will work well.

As for the boarding perk, since non-elite passengers sitting in the bulkhead seats get boarded in Zone 1 anyone boarding in Zone 2 can find the overhead space in the first few rows already limited. This new change should help those DM, PM and GM a decent shot at the overhead space in the first few rows of coach.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
I do agree with you that it'd be great if it was a drink coupon on all flights though. I do remember SMI mentioning that the new chits would be good on the entire itinerary, so that would at least take care of a 1-class CRJ.
How so? There is no upgrade on a 1-class CRJ, so there would be no coupon. And if you are connecting from a mainline flight on which you didn't get upgraded, presumably you would have used the coupon on that flight.

Unless I missed something, you get only 1 drink or 1 snack on the entire itinerary.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Does doing it this way allow Delta in the future to make SkyPriority say... Sell-able?

For $55 for your RT flight you can add the benefits of SkyPriority to your itinerary!

Let the conspiracies commence!
Bingo!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vasantn
How so? There is no upgrade on a 1-class CRJ, so there would be no coupon. And if you are connecting from a mainline flight on which you didn't get upgraded, presumably you would have used the coupon on that flight.

Unless I missed something, you get only 1 drink or 1 snack on the entire itinerary.
What about RJ-only trips? I do that all the time.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: DL/PM/2MM TK*G
Here are my suggestions.
Since first class pax are offered meal and unlimited beverage, sky priority entitled pax should be offered similar, like unlimited beverage is offered upon veryfing sky priority printed BP instead of coupon.
For comfort difference between F seat and Y seat, 1,000 bonus miles credited to pax account automatically like what Northwest did for Elite pax who did not get upgraded.
How does it sound?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project.

SMI
SMI,

Thanks for taking the time to participate on this forum and to acknowledge that the award engine has issues.

I'll admit I was convinced the lack of low award availability was not a glitch in the system but a result of policy. I realize I may be incorrect in this assumption. You have stated more than once that DL is aware of award engine issues, but I would like to know that what I see as problems are the same problems that your team is working on.

I love many things about being a Diamond on DL. I appreciate most of the perks of the new Sky Priority program. However I have given up hope of reasonable award levels on your airline. As a result I have begun to shift my flying to AA. I flew with them on Friday rather than flying DL. I was in a position to choose and my company paid a slightly higher fare on AA for this trip. I am doing this because in every scenario when I attempted to book award travel AA was much easier and required many fewer award miles. Sky Priority doesn't change that.

If the "problem" your team is working on is to make the award engine visually more appealing or easier to use in terms of the number of clicks required to book a ticket, then I know I have made the right decision. However if your team is working to make award tickets available at lower mileage levels then I may be willing to reconsider my position.

This is your opportunity to retain a previously loyal DL elite. Can you describe the problems in the award engine as DL sees them and what your team has been tasked to work on?

Last edited by bwhite; Apr 11, 2010 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project.

SMI
Hearing is one thing, but apparently caring enough to show it here and now is another thing when nothing but greed is stopping DL from waiving the telephone booking fees for award tickets.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Regarding the boarding process, we are listening to your comments and can already tell that many of you are very passionate about this. We will monitor your comments, encourgage your feedback on our surveys and will be looking at the numbers very closely in the initial weeks.

SkyMilesInsider
Once you initially allow the "board half the plane in zone 1" approach, you are going to have a devil of a time reversing yourself when it proves to be the debacle that many of us here anticipate it will be. Those from whom you will be taking the new "benefit," as you return the boarding process to something that is workable, will scream like stuck pigs.

DL management should have the integrity to admit that it was a poor idea and stop this even before it starts.

Any sort of pre-flight service in FC is becoming increasingly rare. This foolish boarding initiative will just enable (necessitate) further cuts in service.

You are devaluing your FC product. For many, your domestic FC product is the most significant factor in retaining their business.

You should think carefully before jeopardizing the goodwill that your FC service engenders.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Maybe a useful suggestion...?

How about, on my OLCI boarding pass page, giving me three small maps:
  1. A curbside view of the terminal, showing me which doors are closest to the SkyPriority check-in area and SkyPriority security lane
  2. A view inside the terminal, showing where the check-in and security lanes are in relation to easy to identify landmarks within the terminal
  3. Maybe a third, showing where the nearest SkyClub is to my expected gate?
THAT would be useful.

(Is it still ok to make suggestions that aren't critical of Delta?)
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by crazygrow
Sounds like a bad thing for first class flyers as now we have to board with a million other people (gold/plats who are not upgraded, etc.). On many of my flights, this could be 70+ people trying to board in Zone 1.
Yeah, this one sounds like a nightmare. At PBI, there are often 40+ people on the upgrade list. Maybe a majority are silver, but as a plat, I have been as far back as 35 on the waitlist, after everyone has cleared.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I usually stay out of these; but I must say

Please leave the boarding process the way it is; F-Zone 1 Medallions-Zone 2. Its a great perk to NOT have to fight through 30 gate lice to board when they call Zone 1; knowing you are suppose to be boarding before them cause you are in F
I agree! Delta, if you are listening, PLEASE, PLEASE leave the boarding process the way it is. You are going to create major chaos during boarding if you change to this new procedure.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:17 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
  1. A curbside view of the terminal, showing me which doors are closest to the SkyPriority check-in area and SkyPriority security lane
  2. A view inside the terminal, showing where the check-in and security lanes are in relation to easy to identify landmarks within the terminal
THAT would be useful.

Noted...and thank you.

SMI
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
THAT would be useful.

How about one boarding pass for all flights that is logical LOL

I don't really need the other fluff that I always choose not to print..
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Noted...and thank you.

SMI
SMI,
Since you didn't address the question that I asked you twice about the skyclub members accessing the SkyPriority security line, and you are not accepting PM's, can you at least point me to the right direction where my question can be answered?

Just don't want to be the guy turned away from the premium security line because my bp doesn't say "SkyPriority" if I don't get upgraded.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Carbon
Originally Posted by cielak
I agree! Delta, if you are listening, PLEASE, PLEASE leave the boarding process the way it is. You are going to create major chaos during boarding if you change to this new procedure.
I agree with this. Zone one will morph into a cattle stampede on some flights. It may take a critical mass of data points showing customer dissatisfaction with this boarding scheme for SMI and associates to roll back this part of the plan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.